test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Upgrade Failure ?

jtcrockjtcrock Member Posts: 11 Arc User
edited March 2015 in PC Gameplay Bug Reports
I just upgraded my "Jem'Hadar Polaron Full Auto Rifle" (part of the Jem'Hadar Armored Shroud set) from Mk XIV Rare (Blue) to Mk XIV Very Rare (purple) with no upgrade visible other than the change in background and color. It is now the same in every way after the upgrade as it was before the upgrade. I don't know if this was an expected acceptable outcome or an oversight in development, but either way it should be corrected. I went through a lot of effort and resources to finaly accomplish this upgrade and to have nothing to show for it is unacceptable in my opinion.:mad:
:) I'm Doing Pretty Good.......but i'll get over that
Post edited by jtcrock on

Comments

• Options
    shandypandyshandypandy Member Posts: 632 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    When you put the piece in the upgrade window, you see two bars across the bottom of the window: one is the number of tech points before you get to hit "Upgrade" to roll the upgrade, and the one underneath that shows % chance you get a rarity upgrade.

At Mk XIV, until that bottom bar hits 100% you're not guaranteed a rarity upgrade. Each time you fill the tech point bar and click upgrade, you pray to the RNG (and if it doesn't go up in rarity, you keep whatever % chance you got to the last roll [only if you hit upgrade at XIV]).
    giphy.gif
  • Options
    jtcrockjtcrock Member Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    Please do not be confused here, the item did upgrade in rarity from Rare to Very Rare, but other than the change in background and color and the new title "Very Rare" there were no upgrades, the items stats are exactly as they were before the upgrade with no new modifications what-so-ever
    :) I'm Doing Pretty Good.......but i'll get over that