test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

cristaline entity event bug.

simbucksimbuck Member Posts: 20 Arc User
edited March 2015 in PC Gameplay Bug Reports
Hello,
After 2 weeks online every evening to play the event to get the torpedo launcher,
I finally was able to complete the event a couple of days ago only to find that I did not get the Torpedo launcher.
I got the rewards package including the holographic DOFF that was pictured.

In short, eventrough I started the 2015 event almost the same day it launched in 2015, to get the reward package associated with the 2015 event,I got the reward package that was available only for the 2014 event.
So costimer support sugests that I played the 2014 event.

Wich would be odd at least.

I had NO interest in the 2014 event due to the DOFF so I never activated the eventt.
I was not a very active player at those times. So my first event was the Risian ship

I activated the 2015 event the day this event started, cause I loved the idea of an antiproton torpedo since my build is antiproton based.
The event was NOT active since last year as Costumer service says it could have been since I did not activate it.
And I can not see how I could have activated a year old event by accident, so that is where I think the bug would have been.

I would love to get the torpedo launcher still, but thanks to not having enough time left, neighter being able to activate it anyways, it seems lost to me.

After 3 days of writing with costumer support ended with the issue I adressed being the exact answer they could provide me with ( your issue is for the 2015 event you got the 2014 rewards, our answer is you got the 2014 rewards) ruining my interest in this game, all I see left is to write a bug report like this.

I am a bit disapointed that it has to lead to this.
But I am still hoping there could be a solution in one way or another.

Kind regards,

Simbuck
Post edited by simbuck on

Comments

• Options
    edited March 2015
    Out of curiosity, am I the only one that has had this issue?

I know we all still had the hologram as reward in the reward display but I know people who did get the launcher, that is why I kept going with my event.
  • Options
    dead0meatdead0meat Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    Hi, I have found that both my KDF aligned characters cannot collect the rewards for this event. I started the 2014 event but was a couple of shards short on all my characters (2 fed and 2 kdf)

Whilst both my Fed characters have been able to collect the reward the two kdf get the error message "unable to collect reward as no room in your inventory" There is however plenty of room.

The support team have advised I raise a bug ticket and post here as well. Not sure that I will ever get to have all the rewards :(
  • Options
    borticuscrypticborticuscryptic Member Posts: 2,478 Cryptic Developer
    edited March 2015
    simbuck: It's very likely that you somehow slotted the previous year's project without realizing it, or still had it slotted from last year. We'll look into whether or not there's any way that the projects or their rewards could be mistaken for one another by the system, but it seems highly doubtful. That's just not how the code works.

dead0meat: If you're trying to claim the 2014 reward that includes the Doff, you need room in your Doff Roster. This is likely what the "no room in your inventory" message is attempting to tell you.
    Jeremy Randall
    Cryptic - Lead Systems Designer
    "Play smart!"
  • Options
    edited March 2015
    simbuck: It's very likely that you somehow slotted the previous year's project without realizing it, or still had it slotted from last year. We'll look into whether or not there's any way that the projects or their rewards could be mistaken for one another by the system, but it seems highly doubtful. That's just not how the code works.

First of thank you for responding.

When the event went life, I had two events slotted, those being the risian ship event and the Q-one wich reward the breen ship.
    Other than those two, I had NO events slotted at that moment, I am sure of that.
    Eventrough I have this account for some years, I started playing it for real only 9-10 months ago so that can not be it.

Like I stated before I started the day the event went life, during its first hours ( I was awaiting and since I am Dutch, it was right after dinner) maybe I was to early?
    Then still I find it odd to start a 2014 event in 2015.

Regardles, thank you for the time you put into this.
    Is there anyway I can switch the 2014 event rewards for the 2015 ones?
    I started this event to get that Torpedo launcher, And I am quite dissapointed that I did not get the reward I started this event for in the first place.

Kind regards,

simbuck
  • Options
    edited March 2015
    Did you guys have time to check things out?

Any news on a solution or an idea on how I can obtain the Torpedo launcher?

Kind regards,
  • Options
    edited March 2015
    So.. Still no reply?

come on guys, a responce would be apreciated.