test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

My delta recruit will be inferior because...

2»

Comments

• farranorfarranor Member Posts: 559 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    Don't think of your Delta Recruit as a serious character with its own story and future: think of it as a really long side quest that will unlock stuff for your main.
  • berginsbergins Member Posts: 3,453 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    kamuii2 wrote: »
    while yes delta recruits will lack some of the new event gear its not going to be a problem. I have a full aegis set, a tr-116 rifle, a complete mk II thru mk X ap set i crafted a couple days ago all waiting for him.
    Just curious, do you mean you have a Mk II set, a Mk III set, ... all the way to a Mk X set? 'Cuz you could just craft one set, apply a Superior Upgrade Tech to each piece at the beginning, and let them level the stuff up as they progress.

I'm doing this right now on a toon, kinda a dry run for Delta Recruit. Using the Superior Tech, they'll be set up into the 30's before you need to think about throwing more upgrades at them, Omega Upgrades will obviously go further...

I don't think I'll ever be able to gear up a toon another way again. Not having to worry, "Do I want to keep this Armor? It's Rare and Free..." Now, I know my Captain and crew are geared out in VR gear (or UR, my MkII stuff had a 30% chance to raise in rarity, so some did crit) all around, I can vendor drops freely. Well, Rare or better stuff I might see how it sells on the exchange before I Recycle it...

So really, gear-wise, my Delta Recruit will be FAR SUPERIOR to any other toon I've ever leveled up, thanks to my main being level 15+ in each crafting school.

Oh, the Dil cost for upgrades? The rewards for Episode play now includes Dil. While you aren't getting enough to cover upgrades for ALL the gear you need, it sure helps.
    "Logic is a little tweeting bird chirping in a meadow. Logic is a wreath of pretty flowers which smell BAD." - Spock
  • jellico1jellico1 Member Posts: 2,719
    edited March 2015
    I think a new uniform and slot at the tailor is needed too for the Delta toons

straw hat pitchfork as main weapon and overalls with a one snap option..no shoes
    Jellico....Engineer ground.....Da'val Romulan space Sci
    Saphire.. Science ground......Ko'el Romulan space Tac
    Leva........Tactical ground.....Koj Romulan space Eng

JJ-Verse will never be Canon or considered Lore...It will always be JJ-Verse
  • berginsbergins Member Posts: 3,453 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    jellico1 wrote: »
    I think a new uniform and slot at the tailor is needed too for the Delta toons

straw hat pitchfork as main weapon and overalls with a one snap option..no shoes

Oooh... kaay... theeeennnn... :rolleyes:

What do you really think, Bubba?
    "Logic is a little tweeting bird chirping in a meadow. Logic is a wreath of pretty flowers which smell BAD." - Spock
  • warmaker001bwarmaker001b Member Posts: 9,205 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    With all due respect I've made 6 new characters since DR launched and I haven't felt any of them to be inferior or at a disadvantage to my pre-DR characters.

Just doing the regular pre-50 storyline missions alone gets me up to mid 54 and you only need to worry about gear, rep equip, and builds if your doing stuff on Elite difficulty.

Getting to 60 is not even half the overall effort. Tack the long grind from 50-60 onto the Post-Lv60 grind for specialization points.

Post-50, these new characters won't have anything different from your already existing characters. What is the issue is the utter pain Post-Lv50 as well as the effort and resource cost of getting better gear. That is, if you intend to play the character and not relegate it to a Mule and/or Farmer status.

You can already see on these boards people complaining about the costs involved of improving gear. You can see on these boards the XPs issue. Consider that people are pretty much talking about their MAINS. Tacking on Delta Recruits isn't going to make it better.

I have 13 or so characters. I know exactly the pain involved in leveling (patrols, doffing, etc) and the impossible nature of trying to improve their gear past Mk XII. Outside the special 1 or 2 characters with better gear, it's not happening and I refuse to throw $ to make it faster. And that's with existing characters that already had T5 Reps and ships, gear from before DR.

It's already a big PITA to work on that and I perfectly understand why others have killed off or just completely neglected their alts. Delta Recruits will just be in the same exact boat once they've reached the top of the slope. But once they've reached there, they see another hill rising up in the fog...
    XzRTofz.gif
  • buccaneerdtbbuccaneerdtb Member Posts: 575 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    My main has all the lore accolades completed, Intel and Commando Specialization completed, all R&D at lvl 15+, PvP accolades that are not really doable any more, Anniversary Accolades no longer available, 4 Diplomacy Boffs (cannot be traded any more so impossible to replicate), over 5 million fleet credits, 3 lockbox ships, several traits that are overpriced now, STF accolades, Red Alert accolades, Maxed out Doff levels, etc.

It would take a year or more to get most of that on a new alt.

P.S. Veteran Boff cannot be traded any more either...

I will make a Delta recruit, but unless there is something really sweet only he can get he will not become my main.
  • hartzillahartzilla Member Posts: 1,177 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    Mine wouldn't become my main becuase the MACO costume unlock would be totally unavailable to them, as the accolade TRIBBLE up means I can't get them on any other character, and the DPS sponge plus ridiculous fail conditions means get the adapted and regular version are out of the question, not to mention how fleet activity kill off means fleet projects have slowed down to where getting fleet credits is a pain on a new character.
  • buccaneerdtbbuccaneerdtb Member Posts: 575 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    Of course, if Delta Recruits gain SPEC points right away at every level, that would help.
  • sunfranckssunfrancks Member Posts: 3,925 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    I only create alts for reputation Dilithium farming.

The pot was sweetened when they added Dil for mission rewards. Now I get some just for leveling them up to 50!
    Fed: Eng Lib Borg (Five) Tac Andorian (Shen) Sci Alien/Klingon (Maelrock) KDF:Tac Romulan KDF (Sasha) Tac Klingon (K'dopis)
    Founder, member and former leader to Pride Of The Federation Fleet.
    What I feel after I hear about every decision made since Andre "Mobile Games Generalisimo" Emerson arrived...
    3oz8xC9gn8Fh4DK9Q4.gif

• zathri83zathri83 Member Posts: 514 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    ...isn't an anime character nor has infinite onions to cut.
  • swamarianswamarian Member Posts: 1,506 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    I've got 4 chars (Fed, KFF, Romulan, Reman, split evenly). 3 are caught up on all the storylines. My KDF aligned Rommie's on "On Bajor." They've all hit 60, have full T5 reps, and one's completed the intelligence tree, with the others fairly close behind.

I'm interested in going Fed, for the revamped intro. Also the fed fleet I'm in's a lot farther along, and I get a "free" 5U Vesta.

If it wasn't for the storyline, I'd seriously consider going KDF aligned Romulan again, because I've got the 5U T'Varo unlocked, plus the leech.

It'd be a lot more interesting if our Delta recruit could be from the Delta Quadrant...
  • sistericsisteric Member Posts: 768 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    For me, none of my alts are "inferior" Anything my main has, my alts have in most cases. My main has Anniversary ships my alts don't have, but the Anniversary ships are not the ships I tend to fly. And except for a boff or doff here or there, all of my toons get the same stuff.

I have 3 toons at 60 with all reps at T5. I have 5 more toons at 50+ with some amount of rep leveling done. Two toons at 60 have done all of the DR storyline. my last 60 is on his way to completing the storyline.

I will create Delta Recruits and slot them into my upgrading rotation just like the rest of my toons, once they get to level 60. I have Planned number of toons in mind to play in this game. And Once I reach that. I will not add any more new characters till they add a new faction.
    Federation: Fleet Admiral Zombee (Alien Tactical)::Fleet Admiral Danic (Vulcan Science)::Fleet Admiral Daniel Kochheiser (Human Engineer)
    KDF: Dahar Master Kan (Borg Klingon Tactical)::Dahar Master Torc (Alien Science)::Dahar Master Sisteric (Gorn Engineer)
    RR-Fed: Citizen Sirroc (Romulan Science)::Fleet Admiral Grell (Alien Engineer)
    RR-KDF: Fleet Admiral Zemo (Reman Tactical)::Fleet Admiral Xinatek (Reman Science)::Fleet Admiral Bel (Alien Engineer)
    TOS-Fed: Fleet Admiral Katem (Andorian Tactical)::Lieutenant Commander Straad (Vulcan Engineer)
    Dom-Fed: Dan'Tar (Jem'Hadar Science)
    Dom-KDF: Kamtana'Solan (Jem'Hadar Science)

CoHost of Tribbles in Ecstasy (Zombee)
  • theraven2378theraven2378 Member Posts: 6,007 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    I'll roll another fed character for the delta recruit event, i've got c-store ships i can get the free T-5U upgrade for my ships

Ships, wise a sovereign refit and avenger will be my cruisers of choice
    NMXb2ph.png
      "The meaning of victory is not to merely defeat your enemy but to destroy him, to completely eradicate him from living memory, to leave no remnant of his endeavours, to crush utterly his achievement and remove from all record his every trace of existence. From that defeat no enemy can ever recover. That is the meaning of victory."
      -Lord Commander Solar Macharius