test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Anyone else having audio problems since last patch?

pweistheworstpweistheworst Member Posts: 986 Arc User
edited March 2015 in Graphical and Sound Issues
I've been having regular audio problems (broken, popping and crackling audio) since last week's patch. I've confirmed that the audio problems I'm having are only happening with STO (no other audio problems in other games or when listening to music or the audio from movies).

Are others having audio problems lately in game?
In the immortal words of Captain Sisko: "It may not be what you believe, but that doesn't make it wrong."

Don't believe the lies in this forum. I am NOT an ARC user. I play STO on Steam or not at all.
Post edited by pweistheworst on

Comments

• Options
    leonafioraleonafiora Member Posts: 2
    edited March 2014
    I have been as well and it's been driving me nuts. The crackling/staticy sound has driven me up a wall.
  • Options
    tim879tim879 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    I just noticed this crackling sound after the latest patch >.< tested other games to see if i had the same crackling and i dont hear it on those games or when i play music/watch videos.. its driving me crazy :mad:
  • Options
    iceman28001iceman28001 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    I have been trying to find out how to fix this, but it seems like an ignored issue for since 2011. This post was from 2014, found on google, I can't make a thread...

Anyways, having this issue. Popping and cracking sound. Turning off surround does not help, only closing the game. This is the only thing/game I have ever used with this issue.

Will this ever be fixed or does someone know a fix that seems to work?
  • Options
    jornadojornado Member Posts: 918 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    What sound solutions are these issues occurring on?

Edit: Try disabling any simulated surround or additional audio options in your audio control panel. Also make sure that STO is set to stereo in the options menu.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    My guess is "hope" keeps people not playing but posting on the forums. For others, its a path of sad realization and closure. Grieving takes time. The worst "haters" here love the game, or did at some point.
  • Options
    icelancersricelancersr Member Posts: 44 Arc User
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mipMlVg8o5U
    That TRIBBLE exist since the dawn of star trek online. and its the most fcked up irritating thing i have ever experienced.

What is worse the poping clicks happens even when game is minimized.. it annoys me so much sometimes that i just have to shut down the game and call it a day.