test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Captains Table

atronach1atronach1 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
hey i was wondering if we are ever going to get an upgrade to the captains table?
Post edited by atronach1 on

Comments

• Options
    hpgibbshpgibbs Member Posts: 395 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    Probably not. that is the most unused system in the game.
    The Grate Lorde Cheesus
    Ship build coordinator for The Breakfast Club http://WWW.TBCSTO.COM
    Doesn't Owe Anyone EC
    Kirks Prot
  • Options
    saurializardsaurializard Member Posts: 4,395 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    hpgibbs wrote: »
    Probably not. that is the most unused system in the game.

Catch-22. Why is it unused? Because there is nothing to do. So players visit it once and forget about it. So devs don't do anything about it. So players don't come.
    #TASforSTO
    Iconian_Trio_sign.jpg?raw=1
  • Options
    thutmosis85thutmosis85 Member Posts: 2,358 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    Catch-22. Why is it unused? Because there is nothing to do. So players visit it once and forget about it. So devs don't do anything about it. So players don't come.

A simple Transwarp would help immensely ... there was also talk about Acces from Club 47, but considering this was over 6 months ago ... I'm not going to hold my breath anymore ...
    Patch Notes : Resolved an Issue, where people would accidently experience Fun.
  • Options
    peetapipmacpeetapipmac Member Posts: 2,131 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    Doesn't help that a large proportion of the player base CAN'T go there.
    It's not my fault if you feel trolled by my Disco ball... Sorry'boutit.

R.I.P. Leonard Nimoy
  • Options
    starkaosstarkaos Member Posts: 11,556 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    A simple Transwarp would help immensely ... there was also talk about Acces from Club 47, but considering this was over 6 months ago ... I'm not going to hold my breath anymore ...

Here is Tacofang's reason for no Captain's Table access from Club 47.
    tacofangs wrote: »
    So, this is still the plan, but is not implemented yet. We were about to do it, but decided that we didn't want to do that change JUST for the Feds. So we're waiting on that until we can also update the doors for the Klingons and Romulans. Sorry about that.

There is a door in C47 designated for this though, so it's still planned.

So the Klingons and Romulans will likely require their own version of Club 47 before Club 47 gets Captain's Table access.
  • Options
    bobbydazlersbobbydazlers Member Posts: 4,534 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    captains table is a dead loss and a waste of space, if they are not going to do anything to make it worthwhile they might as well remove it and give us something really useful in its place like a bumper packet of crafting mats or something equaly as useful.

When I think about everything we've been through together,

maybe it's not the destination that matters, maybe it's the journey,

and if that journey takes a little longer,

so we can do something we all believe in,

I can't think of any place I'd rather be or any people I'd rather be with.

• Options
    js26568js26568 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    captains table is a dead loss and a waste of space, if they are not going to do anything to make it worthwhile they might as well remove it and give us something really useful in its place like a bumper packet of crafting mats or something equaly as useful.

If they remove it, the people who can go there but never use it will complain that it's been removed. That's what you get when you let people who paid some money into the game years ago and nothing else since then think they're somehow owed something.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Free Tibet!
  • Options
    vsilverwings1vsilverwings1 Member Posts: 572 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    It's got less functionality and longer to get to than ESD/FC/NR.

Really though it was with the best intentions for vet players at launch but Cryptic over time seems to have abandoned that. Maybe it's my imagination that the devs said they'd hang out there with the vete players and stuff but that never ever happened. Not saying it should but let's just say things were said but never happened....story of STO/Cryptic really.
  • Options
    rattler2rattler2 Member, Star Trek Online Moderator Posts: 58,048 Community Moderator
    edited March 2015
    The problem is even if they improved it, there is really no incentive to go. And if Cryptic came up with the idea of making a C-Store purchase for access to the Captain's Table to help make money as well as raise interest in the station... the lifers who don't even go there will be up in arms about "loosing an exclusive thing". How exclusive is it if no one uses it in the first place? I think I saw someone once say that it was an escape from the "Stupidity of ESD". Yea... there's an easier cure. Disable Zone Chat.

The fact remains that the Captain's Table is pretty dead, and there is nothing really special about it. Now if they opened it up to non lifers via C-Store (Even if its 500-1000 Zen account unlock), and maybe some unique vendors... might breath some life into it. But as it is now... there is nothing there that can't be done at ESD, which is easier to get to.
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
  • Options
    meimeitoomeimeitoo Member Posts: 12,594 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    rattler2 wrote: »
    The problem is even if they improved it, there is really no incentive to go. And if Cryptic came up with the idea of making a C-Store purchase for access to the Captain's Table to help make money as well as raise interest in the station... the lifers who don't even go there will be up in arms about "loosing an exclusive thing". How exclusive is it if no one uses it in the first place? I think I saw someone once say that it was an escape from the "Stupidity of ESD". Yea... there's an easier cure. Disable Zone Chat.

The fact remains that the Captain's Table is pretty dead, and there is nothing really special about it. Now if they opened it up to non lifers via C-Store (Even if its 500-1000 Zen account unlock), and maybe some unique vendors... might breath some life into it. But as it is now... there is nothing there that can't be done at ESD, which is easier to get to.

^^ This!

If they made it Club 47 style (aka, beautiful), I might visit again, But yeah, everything accessible can be done elsewhere too (and often better).

It simply needs a graphical overhaul, for one. And so does K-7. And DS9. I'd say, start with the latter two first.
    3lsZz0w.jpg
  • Options
    robertcrayvenrobertcrayven Member Posts: 355 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    The Captain's Table is yet another abandonware component of this game, much as the Star Trek Online Gateway for mobile apps is abandonware. Cryptic has no intention of doing anything with the Captain's Table at this point. They have the bulk of the money that they will ever get from people suckered into lifetime subscriptions; why would they invest any of that in an upgraded bait and switch which has already been exposed?
  • Options
    robertcrayvenrobertcrayven Member Posts: 355 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    Edit: Removed duplicate post which I didn't request.
  • Options
    oldkhemaraaoldkhemaraa Member Posts: 1,039 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    I can see you've never actually been there then.. there is NO dabo at the captains table.

Never has been.

The Captains table is absolutely unchanged. other then a three vendor console/NPC's REMOVED, since launch. (yes, they bloody well NERFED a social zone.. some inane fear that LTM'ers would be elitist snobs etc I guess... honestly, I've utterly given up on figuring out why cryptic does what it does when it does it)

and what was removed was useful, and life timers didn't have to hang out at ESD or Qo'nos.. everything could be done at the CT...

Honestly... I no longer expect anything of Cryptic myself...
    "I aim to misbehave" - Malcolm Reynolds
  • Options
    mithrosnomoremithrosnomore Member Posts: 390 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    Cryptic is clueless when it comes to the Captain;s table, and other players are happy to support them.

If I could go to the Captain's table to handle my business instead of ESD, they fear that ESD would die, and with it, the game.

If there are that many people on ESD that if they were at the CT instead that ESD would die then Cryptic has bigger problems.

Somehow though it's perfectly fine to have a completely useless CT sitting out there, but if it takes even 10% of the traffic away from ESD then suddenly it's bad for the game?

Then why did they make it in the first place?

The people that are utilizng the CT won't talk to each other or help each other out in the ways that they would if they were on ESD with the spammers and people arguing about politics and religion?
    They wouldn't maybe, just possibly, form their own tight-knit sub-community?

Apparently not.

Giving people something to actually do at the CT is apparently bad for the game, so no. Expect nothing more from the CT. Ever.

A quiet place to maybe do some RP and to enjoy some different sights, but otherwise just standing as a monument to squandered potential.
  • Options
    nassirisnassiris Member Posts: 111
    edited March 2015
    It would be nice to see them do something, it's a dead zone now.
  • Options
    edited March 2015
    all good points but like you said it hasnt been updated since the start so if they took abit of time to redo it like they did club 47 more people would come there anyways but a good transwarp to there without a cooldown would be amazing specially because you have to do alot to get access either open your wallet or be on for 400 days so it shouldnt be neglected as much as its been
  • Options
    edited March 2015
    im not so sure i think they just need people to care about it more thats why i wanna raise the awareness of its lacking of update
  • Options
    edited March 2015
    bump :) common people
  • Options
    birzarkbirzark Member Posts: 634 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    I did what probably every lifer did, as soon as got access I went once looked all around and never went back. I would like go see something there, but it will probably be useless like C47 is. Except for RP I see no reason to even go there.
  • Options
    timelord79timelord79 Member Posts: 1,852 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    They could make the Captain's Table a resting place similar to cantinas in that other game. If you log off on that map and stay out for a few hours you get a 10k XP bonus pool or something like that when you return.
    This XP pool is active for 20 hours max and can only be applied once a day.

Would that give it veteran worthy purpose?
    11750640_1051211588222593_450219911807924697_n.jpg
  • Options
    fleetsolvanguardfleetsolvanguard Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    I want us to have a transwarp with no cooldown for it.
  • Options
    cookiecrookcookiecrook Member Posts: 4,524 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    The Captain's Table lacks any real reason to go there. It's a nice map but it doesn't have anything special to make players that have access to go there. A Transwarp directly there with no cooldown needed for it, access to everything in one single place, and unique perks to add incentives for people to want to have access to it would really go a long way.

High stakes Dabo would be nice and some minor additions to the map would be great! Some new bind on pickup perks like discounted special event rewards. Making them bind on pick up at a 15% discount means they don't impact the Exchange and yet it offers up that same non-tradeable item slightly cheaper for that character.
    <
    > <
    > <
    >
    Looking for a new fleet? Drop by the in-game chat channel, "tenforwardforum", and say hi to the members of A Fleet Called Ten Forward (Fed) and The Orion Pirates (KDF). If you already have a fleet you are happy with, please feel free to drop by our chat channel if you are looking for a friendly bunch of helpful people to socialize with.
  • Options
    gl2814egl2814e Member Posts: 328 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    I used to go to the Captain's Table to get a break from ESD and it's howling void of general-chat insanity, but then I learned to just go to literally every other social hub except for Drozana or disable my general chat tab when there.

I can't imagine what they could do to make it worth going to over the other social hubs.