test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Ferengi Missile Launcher broken

chrisf0001chrisf0001 Member Posts: 28 Arc User
edited March 2015 in PC Gameplay Bug Reports
I have a D'Kora with the complete Ferengi Marauder weapon set.

Today I logged in to find that the weapon icon for the missile launcher was... a Photon Torpedo.

Not all the time, though. I still have Friends In High Places in sector space. On the status page it has the correct icon and stats. On the weapon panel on the space UI it has the icon and tooltip of a photon torpedo with different stats, but the firing arc effect covers the 180-arc of the missile launcher.

When it fires, a photon torpedo is fired, and it fires at the speed of a photon torpedo. But when I use High Yield or Torpedo Spread, it turns back into a missile launcher for just those shots.

It's extremely strange. And it was working fine yesterday...
Post edited by chrisf0001 on

Comments

• Options
    borticuscrypticborticuscryptic Member Posts: 2,478 Cryptic Developer
    edited March 2015
    Confirmed, and fixed. Sorry for the inconvenience. This weapon will be restored to correct functionality in a future patch.
    Jeremy Randall
    Cryptic - Lead Systems Designer
    "Play smart!"
  • Options
    virusdancervirusdancer Member Posts: 18,687 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    edit: Oopsie...disengage rage mode. Ahem, thanks Bort. Yes, I'm just a goofball that digs the VFX of the Rapid Ferengi with some Vaad Polarons. :D
  • Options
    chrisf0001chrisf0001 Member Posts: 28 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    Thanks! I eagerly await the patch... :)
  • Options
    drreverenddrreverend Member Posts: 459 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    edit: Oopsie...disengage rage mode. Ahem, thanks Bort. Yes, I'm just a goofball that digs the VFX of the Rapid Ferengi with some Vaad Polarons. :D

You too? Now if we could only turn those Vaad polarons red or blue.
  • Options
    borticuscrypticborticuscryptic Member Posts: 2,478 Cryptic Developer
    edited March 2015
    Incidentally, also fixed the fact that this torpedo wasn't working correctly with Transport Warhead.
    Jeremy Randall
    Cryptic - Lead Systems Designer
    "Play smart!"
  • Options
    organicmanfredorganicmanfred Member Posts: 3,236 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    Not sure if it helps, but I am upgrading my Rapid Missiles (just for fun) now to MKXIV and the icon is still the same Missile icon.

Well, it could use some buffing while you are working on it. :D
  • Options
    veritasluxmea66veritasluxmea66 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    I was wondering if anyone had this problem I have a d'kora and when I fire the particle emission torp nothing shows up, but I still see the impact blasts of it hitting the target just don't see anything else no plasma cloud and no torp, wondered if this might be a glitch or something
  • Options
    shurato2099shurato2099 Member Posts: 588 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    Incidentally, also fixed the fact that this torpedo wasn't working correctly with Transport Warhead.

Also known to my Ferengi Captain as "Expidited Delivery".
  • Options
    leethorogoodleethorogood Member Posts: 302 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    I've also got this problem, submitted an in game bug report ticket ID #3,288,557

The missile launcher was fine until I put it into the upgrade window to see the stats for MK XIII ever since it's behaving how the OP describes.

EDIT: Forgot to say, thanks for fixing this Bort, hopefully it wont take too long for the fix to make it to live! :)
  • Options
    edited March 2015
    Well, it could use some buffing while you are working on it. :D
    Quoted for truth! :cool:
  • Options
    edited March 2015
    wardcalis wrote: »
    And make it stop using spread and high yield
    NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO! :eek: :mad:
  • Options
    nicha0nicha0 Member Posts: 1,456 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    I've always wanted to use this thing in a build because I love the effects, too bad the performance is so terrible on it.
    Delirium Tremens
    Completed Starbase, Embassy, Mine, Spire and No Win Scenario
    Nothing to do anymore.
    http://dtfleet.com/
    Visit our Youtube channel
  • Options
    edited March 2015
    And make it aft mountable too

And make it stop using spread and high yield

Oh Hell no...

The Ferengi Rapid is the most HAX Torp ever...and that would brutally nerf the Hell out of it.
  • Options
    edited March 2015
    Whatt???????

Its damage is so poor that its sole purpose is torp doff proccing. Any time it steals THY or spread from another torp it is ALWAYS a dps loss. That is the only reason I don't use it. If I could aft mount it that would be somewhat useful. Removing THY and spread would be a massive boost to torp builds.

I honestly can't imagine any other build even considering using this

Well maybe a broadsider but the 180 torp is better. I WISH ROMULANS HAD ACCESS TO A 180 TORP

There's a passive in both Intelligence and Command that does magic with the 180 arc and RoF of the Ferengi...that also can take advantage of HY/TS. There's also a certain DOFF that allows for a chunk of power to be shifted elsewhere to better rock [AMP] or the Nukara Aux Offensive. I was running CF3 and the Ferengi before they broke it.

I admit, though, heh - I had a lolwut /chuckle at what Bort said about Transport.
  • Options
    edited March 2015
    But again the 180 quantum is 4-5 times better for that. And its technicaly the same price but you get a ship. Unless your kdf then its wayyyy cheaper to get the quantum

Has nothing to do with the damage of the torp...has to do with the RoF of the torp; for either of those two passives and the DOFF.

The 180 Quant and CF3's great if you're the one getting the HYs and resets. How many times will the Ferengi have fired in the same time regardless of that? How many times will those passives come into play - how many times will the DOFF roll that chance?

With the TS/HY, you get those multiples..which might do more damage, but the other effects will be the same...and the single target RoF would still come into play doing what it does.

edit: Destabilized Emitters (Intel), Tachyon Charges (Command). PWO +ShieldPwr DOFF (can allow folks to go from 2-3 or 3-4 AMP, or just used to shunt more power to Aux for the T4 Nukara Offensive - PH's DRR buff - AtS' heal/DRR buff - TSS' heal/hardness buff - Scattering Field's Energy DRR buff - Sensor Scan's DRR debuff - Grav Wells - Tachyon Beam (including the Improved Tachyon Beam shield heal) - etc, etc, etc - all that Aux based stuff).
  • Options
    pottsey5gpottsey5g Member Posts: 4,177 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    Whatt???????

Its damage is so poor that its sole purpose is torp doff proccing. Any time it steals THY or spread from another torp it is ALWAYS a dps loss. That is the only reason I don't use it. If I could aft mount it that would be somewhat useful. Removing THY and spread would be a massive boost to torp builds.

I honestly can't imagine any other build even considering using this

Well maybe a broadsider but the 180 torp is better. I WISH ROMULANS HAD ACCESS TO A 180 TORP
    Along with what virusdancer said the missiles are great with torp spread for shuttles.
  • Options
    krobarkronikkrobarkronik Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    My missile launcher is doing the exact same thing. I think I'll buff mine up while I'm waiting for the patch to go thru... :_)
  • Options
    edited March 2015
    I hadn't thought of shuttles but when it comes to rate of fire I'd say the Rom torp is better on that front and better to use spread and THY. 3 torps that hit moderatly hard and drop a dot every 3-5 seconds vs 2 torps that hit like wet playdough every 4 seconds. Honestly I'd be ok with letting it keep using THY and Sprea. if it was Aft mountable.
    The problem with the rom torp is the torpedoes are too slow for many targets and can be shot down. As for “2 torps that hit like wet playdough every 4 seconds.” Are you aware the missiles can be configured to drain over 1200 shield drain per hit without buffs? The constant fire rate is a massive shield drain more so once buffed up. The idea is you use the missiles only for the massive shield drain then use all energy weapons. Missiles are not about the kinetic damage, they area about the shield drain combo.
  • Options
    edited March 2015
    pottsey5g wrote: »
    The problem with the rom torp is the torpedoes are too slow for many targets and can be shot down. As for “2 torps that hit like wet playdough every 4 seconds.” Are you aware the missiles can be configured to drain over 1200 shield drain per hit without buffs? The constant fire rate is a massive shield drain more so once buffed up. The idea is you use the missiles only for the massive shield drain then use all energy weapons. Missiles are not about the kinetic damage, they area about the shield drain combo.

And oh man...that last blog. Destabilized Emitters and Tachyon Charges....wheeeee.
  • Options
    edited March 2015
    that's kinda my point. They arnt for kenitic damage. That is why I think tHey shouldn't use THY or spread.

But the TS allows them to do what they're good for to multiple targets...which is a good thing for what they do. And the HY allows them to do what they're good for to a single target more...which is a good thing for what they do.

Would be nifty, if somewhere down the line - we could flag torps as part of firing solutions to ignore certain abilities. It would address your concerns here...and would help me with the pesky order of operations they've got in place with HY firing before TS.
  • Options
    edited March 2015
    And oh man...that last blog. Destabilized Emitters and Tachyon Charges....wheeeee.
    Last blog? Did I miss some changes?