Install Arc
Options

Well, I give up.

2»

Comments

• Options
    dkratascodkratasco Member Posts: 585 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    so it all goes to private queues with a specific set of people which ironically damages the game a lot more for the social element of the game, it is an MMO.

why it damages it is because everyone should be in the same boat,[...]

So you just saying that we shouldn't have friends and ability to choose how and with who we play game. If I want do mission with random people I choose queues, if I want play with friends and people I know I go private.
  • Options
    ursusmorologusursusmorologus Member Posts: 5,328 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    onerats wrote: »
    There's the problem. That's the wrong way to do it. The "right" way these days is to simply jump in, FAW down the generators instantly (totally ignoring the cube), and proceed to dps the transformer down. It should die in seconds, at least with a competent group. With a "normal" group it takes a bit longer, but provided at least one person is doing 20-25k and the rest are at least 5k, you should be just fine.
    and thus does powercreep and imbalance TRIBBLE up PVE too
  • Options
    sheldonlcoopersheldonlcooper Member Posts: 4,042 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    This seems almost impossible to me.

If you only played borg disconnected then yes! I'm around 0 for 60 in that for pug.
    Maybe with a couple azures.

However if you play a mix of advanced - and avoid those 2 missions you have to be able to pug >50%
    CCA is close to 100% for example.

Now that I have cut borg disconnected from my list I pug close to 100% mostly elite with some advanced.

To be fair my ground character is a beast. My 5 characters in space avg only around 15,000 but with awesome cc and tanking.
    Captain Jean-Luc Picard: "We think we've come so far. Torture of heretics, burning of witches, it's all ancient history. Then - before you can blink an eye - suddenly it threatens to start all over again."

"With the first link, the chain is forged. The first speech censured, the first thought forbidden, the first freedom denied, chains us all irrevocably."

• Options
    bones1970bones1970 Member Posts: 953 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    Join channel: dps-public and get help with your ship-setup, after that play astf's with people from dps, your STO life will be so much better. Then try to get into dps-10.000, 30.000, 50.000, 75.000 !!
  • Options
    sonnikkusonnikku Member Posts: 77 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    nandospc wrote: »
    OP maybe it's time to join some pve channels, like the old pestf or dps ones, and do what you want with competent players ;)

In other words; pugs are dead. Might as well removed advanced from the lineup at this rate.
  • Options
    pwecangetlostpwecangetlost Member Posts: 538 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    Even pugging you should have hit a group in 150 goes that could carry.
  • Options
    baudlbaudl Member Posts: 4,060 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    sonnikku wrote: »
    In other words; pugs are dead. Might as well removed advanced from the lineup at this rate.

agreed. Would even encourage people to talk to each other again, instead of pressing a button and remaining silent the rest of the STF.
    Go pro or go home
  • Options
    nandospcnandospc Member Posts: 1,260 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    sonnikku wrote: »
    This means nothing, sorry man. This is an MMO, you play with other human beings (outside of single player episodes), so the social part of communicating, through pms, team chat, public and private channels or whatever, it's a NATURAL evolution of the gameplay/scenario of this game.
    baudl wrote: »
    agreed. Would even encourage people to talk to each other again, instead of pressing a button and remaining silent the rest of the STF.
    ^^ ;)
  • Options
    oneratsonerats Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    nandospc wrote: »
    This means nothing, sorry man. This is an MMO, you play with other human beings (outside of single player episodes), so the social part of communicating, through pms, team chat, public and private channels or whatever, it's a NATURAL evolution of the gameplay/scenario of this game.

^^ ;)

Communication isn't really necessary though. There tends to be a lot more communication prior to a private queue, but even then it's not much. Mainly it's simply choosing whether you're doing a 3/2 split, then calling out when you're going to TF/IF so everyone knows the order. Tbh, most Khitomer groups I've done with the dps channel (I mostly just pug it, it's stupid easy) don't plan out anything. Nobody calls out that they're taking such and such probes or the like. It's pretty much expected that everyone will be watching them and adjust as necessary to take them down. Compare that to a pug - in the pug you're likely going to have some guy in a rainbow boat dropping warp plasma and mines in the path of the probes and ******** out anyone that comes to help because they can't read and aren't doing their job.

When you've blown through a place a few hundred times there's really not much left to talk about.. especially when everyone's role is the same.. blow the baddies up asap. You just jump in, do your job and trust the others to do theirs. If you're with a competent team, they will. Hence the dps channels.
  • Options
    mirrorchaosmirrorchaos Member Posts: 9,844 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    dkratasco wrote: »
    So you just saying that we shouldn't have friends and ability to choose how and with who we play game. If I want do mission with random people I choose queues, if I want play with friends and people I know I go private.

are you sure you have your glasses on? im pretty sure i mentioned that things have gone to hell because cryptic have split the sto community into smaller groups with the groupfinder and these smaller groups wont help anyone but themselves because to them everyone is a random for pug groups and its being taken too seriously. so misread what you like and however you like, defender of the status quo.
    T6 Miranda Hero Ship FTW.
    Been around since Dec 2010 on STO and bought LTS in Apr 2013 for STO.
  • Options
    adamkafeiadamkafei Member Posts: 6,539 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    Okay, first I'm worried about your build, it sounds like you're missing something, my newest character who is only using Mk 11 rare/vrare gear is able to make short work of Borg probes anywhere.

I'm also worried about your adaptability, if I go into a pug BDA and I see someone spamming dps at things then I start freeing things, if they die I'll deal with the resulting mess, just like if I see someone go in and try freeing things I'll shoot things. It's mostly about observing others and acting accordingly.
    ZiOfChe.png?1
  • Options
    blakes7tvseriesblakes7tvseries Member Posts: 704 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    Doing a STF with four people you don't know or with a group on Team Speak.

Not very smart gambling your time with fails.

Join a good fleet and live the rich life of success.

WWW.OMEGAPRIMARY.COM
    download.jpg
  • Options
    cody0893cody0893 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    I want to know to why so many would waste there time comenting on a i quit rant omg there is a shield bugg page that seriously needs some intellegent feed back and it might actually help the game instead of this dribble.........
    They killed your Alt's now they want your main
  • Options
    groomofweirdgroomofweird Member Posts: 1,045 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    That really IS a large number of fails if you're not exaggerating man.
    I maybe get 3/10 fails on Conduit for example on a bad day, and that's pugging it, maybe running with a fleet member or two. But usually its a pretty easy win, or a hard fought one, but seldom a fail on advanced.
    I know that feeling of relief when the second transformer goes down in a bad pug where I know then its just the time optional we fail.
    Admittedly I have gotten frustrated when a pug group has failed a crystal Advanced though, and you try finding a pug group that can complete Korfez, I have not found one yet in my attempts.
    I am a member of the 10k DPS channel and regularly pull around 15k without trying in some ships, but in general I like to stick to the queues as if everyone goes into private groups then surely that will be the most final nail of final nails in the coffin of public queues.
    Nimoysig1_zpsr79joxz3.jpg
    "If this will be our end, then I will have them make SUCH an end as to be worthy of rememberance! Out of torpedos you say?! Find me the ferengi!".
  • Options
    dkratascodkratasco Member Posts: 585 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    are you sure you have your glasses on? im pretty sure i mentioned that things have gone to hell because cryptic have split the sto community into smaller groups with the groupfinder and these smaller groups wont help anyone but themselves because to them everyone is a random for pug groups and its being taken too seriously. so misread what you like and however you like, defender of the status quo.

Implementing queues haven't change anything. People or teamed up with fleetmates/friends/people they knew or went PUG same as now. Only difference is that they can pug from any place in game instead stick in Gamma Orionis (or any other sector where mission start) spaming zone chat with LFG messages.
  • Options
    jorantomalakjorantomalak Member Posts: 7,133 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    After trying and trying and trying over the last several days, I give up even bothering with the advanced STFs, let alone the elite ones. They've made it pretty much impossible to achieve the victory conditions, what with virtually invulnerable enemies with magic oneshot weapons, endless spam of AOE effects (like FAW and Gravity Well), and the general stupidity of some players. The result is failure after failure after failure.

I've tried to get ancient power cells, borg processors and the like, so I can equip my crew and ship, but after 150 attempts at various missions, I've not been able to get ONE. NOT EVEN ONE.

I'm all for challenge, but if it's going to be this damn near impossible to do, there needs to be another way to get these things for those of us who aren't ridiculously twinked out. As it stands, the game has been rendered inaccessible to a great many players.

Unless something is changed, I give up on these ridiculous guaranteed failure missions.

If your trying to PUG them on advanced and elite stop becuase its super hard to PUG the STFs now
  • Options
    prierinprierin Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    Am I mistaken or can you get Neural Processors, Ancient Power Cells, etc. through advanced ground runs. I have at least a ½ dozen NPs from running the Deferra Hards alone.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    You will forever be missed and never forgotten.