test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

The Hellish Tedium of Turning In Marks

mhirtescmhirtesc Member Posts: 581 Arc User
Over time, those rep marks do build up. The problem is that you are forced to sit there forever as you have to turn them in at 50 marks at a time, waiting for the timegate to count down each time before loading another 50 marks and waiting some more. At the rate of at least one minute per 200 marks, that gets reallllllly boring after a while.

Why can't there be a sliding scale that allows a person to turn in ALL of their marks at once (or at least more than 50 at a time, in units of 50) so that a person can dump their marks and open a different window to handle other game affairs like crafting while they wait.

Hell, even if the timegate of 15 seconds per 50 marks is kept in it would still be acceptable. Just stop forcing us to manually load in 50 marks at a time over and over and over! That TRIBBLE is so damn annoying!
Post edited by mhirtesc on

Comments

• Options
    mhall85mhall85 Member Posts: 2,852 Arc User1
    edited March 2015
    I agree.

An alternative idea, one I have had for a while: one generic reputation mark.

Convert all of the various marks into the generic mark, and keep the "higher tier" rep currencies as they are.

If we can't get rid of them faster, at least allow us to use them across reputations.
    d87926bd02aaa4eb12e2bb0fbc1f7061.jpg
  • Options
    ceekayzeroceekayzero Member Posts: 411 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    mhirtesc wrote: »
    Over time, those rep marks do build up. The problem is that you are forced to sit there forever as you have to turn them in at 50 marks at a time, waiting for the timegate to count down each time before loading another 50 marks and waiting some more. At the rate of at least one minute per 200 marks, that gets reallllllly boring after a while.

Why can't there be a sliding scale that allows a person to turn in ALL of their marks at once (or at least more than 50 at a time, in units of 50) so that a person can dump their marks and open a different window to handle other game affairs like crafting while they wait.

Hell, even if the timegate of 15 seconds per 50 marks is kept in it would still be acceptable. Just stop forcing us to manually load in 50 marks at a time over and over and over! That TRIBBLE is so damn annoying!

There is an alternative that actually pays out more - the 15 marks/hour project for 340 dilithium.

By running all six turn-in projects, I get 2040 dilithium/hour. For the past week (as I've been playing each toon for CCA), I've constantly had all my toons with maxed out daily dilithium.
  • Options
    edited March 2015
    ceekayzero wrote: »
    There is an alternative that actually pays out more - the 15 marks/hour project for 340 dilithium.

By running all six turn-in projects, I get 2040 dilithium/hour. For the past week (as I've been playing each toon for CCA), I've constantly had all my toons with maxed out daily dilithium.

Bear in mind that would require the time investment of grinding all 6 rep types each day. Not everyone plays STO while sitting on a chemical toilet.
  • Options
    ceekayzeroceekayzero Member Posts: 411 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    Bear in mind that would require the time investment of grinding all 6 rep types each day. Not everyone plays STO while sitting on a chemical toilet.

Assuming you started to do this today, and confined yourself to advanced queues on multiple toons, sure.

Now, if you happened to have plenty of rep marks left over from the past couple of years on multiple toons, then this becomes a pretty easy thing to do. Especially when you get a choice of marks with CCA.
  • Options
    lucho80lucho80 Member Posts: 6,600 Bug Hunter
    edited March 2015
    They have to create a mark turn in project for at least 200 marks.
  • Options
    darkjeffdarkjeff Member Posts: 2,590 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    I've got 5 digits of Omega marks on my main, from back when I ran ISE like crazy tweaking builds.

They need a "Dilithium Ore Store", where we can purchase Dilithium Ore like commodities, with Marks being the currency charged.

They did it to convert old R&D materials to new R&D materials, they should do it with these dang marks.
  • Options
    rmy1081rmy1081 Member Posts: 2,840 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    yeah it's annoying. Two small thing that helps me out is netflix and if you click on the end of the slider bar it will fill without having to slide.
  • Options
    questeriusquesterius Member Posts: 8,323 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    Even a single 20 hour mission to convert 500 marks into 4000 dilithium (i know the current conversion is 50/500) would help immensely.

I'm packing between 20-30 thousand omega, romulan and nukara marks.
    At the moment nothing left to spend them on and converting them into dilithium with 50 at the time, each time with the 15 sec wait is a royal pain in the rear.
    This program, though reasonably normal at times, seems to have a strong affinity to classes belonging to the Cat 2.0 program. Questerius 2.7 will break down on occasion, resulting in garbage and nonsense messages whenever it occurs. Usually a hard reboot or pulling the plug solves the problem when that happens.
  • Options
    alex284alex284 Member Posts: 366 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    Considering how many times this has been mentioned on the forums, I can only assume that it's WAI. My guess is that Cryptic just wants to make dil something difficult to obtain so they effectively ruined this method of getting dil.

And the 1 hour projects aren't better. Sure, they're only 15 marks, but you can only do 1 per hour per rep. Considering the complaint in this thread is that we have so many rep marks that we don't know what to do with them, suggesting a way to save rep marks is kinda missing the entire point.
  • Options
    davefenestratordavefenestrator Member Posts: 10,513 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    Cryptic cares more about then 99% who don't build up thousands of marks, than the less-than-1% who do.

More casual players have moslty a few hundred marks, maybe a thousand or two for some players, To them the 15 and 50 missions work perfectly well.

I'm one of them, so I'd rather Cryptic fix bugs or add other features than cater to the hardcore farmers.
  • Options
    edited March 2015
    Cryptic cares more about then 99% who don't build up thousands of marks, than the less-than-1% who do.

More casual players have moslty a few hundred marks, maybe a thousand or two for some players, To them the 15 and 50 missions work perfectly well.

I'm one of them, so I'd rather Cryptic fix bugs or add other features than cater to the hardcore farmers.

It's not "farming". It's playing the game.

Cryptic wants their metrics so bad? Then they need to encourage people to play more by making the rewards feel like less of a penance to turn in.
  • Options
    edited March 2015
    It's not "farming". It's playing the game.

Cryptic wants their metrics so bad? Then they need to encourage people to play more by making the rewards feel like less of a penance to turn in.

So you run a few STFs and earn a couple of hundred marks, then you spend 1 extra minute to turn them in.

If you have time to run 20 STFs a day, you can spend an extra couple of minutes turning in marks.

Like I said, more casual players don't have this problem.
  • Options
    edited March 2015
    So you run a few STFs and earn a couple of hundred marks, then you spend 1 extra minute to turn them in.

If you have time to run 20 STFs a day, you can spend an extra couple of minutes turning in marks.

Like I said, more casual players don't have this problem.

And a great many more do.
  • Options
    roadghostroadghost Member Posts: 394 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    Not really arguing a side... Just thought it is kind of funny, I have thousands of each type of mark. Omega is the worst. I have never run a dil turn in for any of them. Cause I know... I am absolutely certain that the second I do, right as I click that button there will be a post on the website announcing NEW! MKXV UBER GEAR! Only obtainable with rep marks. So I keep them, I keep them, holding them tight... waiting... waiting...
  • Options
    bobbydazlersbobbydazlers Member Posts: 4,534 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    lately I have been using the hourly rep missions for 350 dilithium for 15 marks, ok so its a much slower process but you get 1166 dilithium for 50 marks instead of the standard 500.
    ok so you have to put in some ec and exp as well as the marks but the bonus is you get items in return that can be used or recycled to recoup some and often more then the ec you have given and we all have tons of exp and very little to spend it on anyway.

if you can run the same mission on multiple mark types and can do it at least 2, 3 or more times a day you can often reach your 8k refine limit with very little extra work and often with this alone.

even better if you have multiple characters with marks to turn in.

When I think about everything we've been through together,

maybe it's not the destination that matters, maybe it's the journey,

and if that journey takes a little longer,

so we can do something we all believe in,

I can't think of any place I'd rather be or any people I'd rather be with.

• Options
    supergirl1611supergirl1611 Member Posts: 809 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    I'm split on this, there's no arguement that having a better way to turn in more marks quicker than the standard 50 is a good idea, BUT ! My concern is the current trend we have seen since October 2014 is to nerf everything,
    I just have this nagging/cynical feeling that if a change happens it will be the short changing of the playerbase, i.e a nerf to the value of the marks which we currently enjoy.
    Cynical i know but faith/trust has been broken since Delta Rising
  • Options
    rezkingrezking Member Posts: 1,109 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    mhall85 wrote: »
    I agree.

An alternative idea, one I have had for a while: one generic reputation mark.

Convert all of the various marks into the generic mark, and keep the "higher tier" rep currencies as they are.

If we can't get rid of them faster, at least allow us to use them across reputations.

I like that idea.
    NO to ARC
    RIP KDF and PvP 2014-07-17 Season 9.5 - Death by Dev
  • Options
    grnlbrtnfrntgrnlbrtnfrnt Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    roadghost wrote: »
    Not really arguing a side... Just thought it is kind of funny, I have thousands of each type of mark. Omega is the worst. I have never run a dil turn in for any of them. Cause I know... I am absolutely certain that the second I do, right as I click that button there will be a post on the website announcing NEW! MKXV UBER GEAR! Only obtainable with rep marks. So I keep them, I keep them, holding them tight... waiting... waiting...

lol.... I keep 2000 Omega Marks at ALL times.... because Im not doing any of those ever again....Yeah Purple X gear!!!! Oh now there is XI and you cant mix XI and X. Got Purple XI, YEAH!!!! Oh Now there us purple XII... oh and we added a rep system. So now you have to earn a bazillion levels of marks to grind it. I am done with those regardless of what they add.
    [SIGPIC]PWE IS NOT A REPUTABLE COMPANY[/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    lordprotiuslordprotius Member Posts: 115 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    As soemone who has over 150k marks over 8 toons... I dread having to turn them in 50 at a time... the thought of all that clicking... i did some rough math it would take me about 9 hours straight of non stop clicking to turn in all those damn marks lol

I would love to see them allow a conversion turn in like rep projects... where its just a slider that gives u 10 dil for every mark you turn in... that way i could turn them all in at once...

Its not like i can convert all that dill at once ... there is still the 8k a day cap...
    #Aux2batman Lives!!

• Options
    edited March 2015
    As soemone who has over 150k marks over 8 toons... I dread having to turn them in 50 at a time... the thought of all that clicking... i did some rough math it would take me about 9 hours straight of non stop clicking to turn in all those damn marks lol

I would love to see them allow a conversion turn in like rep projects... where its just a slider that gives u 10 dil for every mark you turn in... that way i could turn them all in at once...

Its not like i can convert all that dill at once ... there is still the 8k a day cap...

Out of curiosity, how did you build up such a pile? Where you trying to save up several months' worth for dil events before that got nerfed?
  • Options
    sonnikkusonnikku Member Posts: 77 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    Now that dil weekend has been nerfed to exclude mark turn ins, I don't see an issue with throwing us a bone in simply offering us more convenience. The apologists might disagree though, they seem to hate anything that could improve quality of life.
  • Options
    blakes7tvseriesblakes7tvseries Member Posts: 704 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    All they need to is add a slider bar for the amount to sell.
    download.jpg
  • Options
    livintiuslivintius Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    Making the mark turn-in process less tedious is, IMO, an easy QOL update that the devs could provide to us.

Hopefully this is either already on their radar to get changed, or one of them passes by this thread and they realize how much we would appreciate such an update.

*fingers crossed*

• Options
    plaztikman64plaztikman64 Member Posts: 725 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    Considering how many times I've seen this beeing requested, including my requests here and here, I have my doubts that there is ever going to happen anything really, same with the ground/space trait misery, but thats another topic though.
  • Options
    dongemaharudongemaharu Member Posts: 544 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    If Cryptic ever does go ahead with making a slide to handle as many marks as you have, they'll surely nerf the dil reward like they did with the fleet mark dump project.
  • Options
    js26568js26568 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    Out of curiosity, how did you build up such a pile? Where you trying to save up several months' worth for dil events before that got nerfed?

I have about 50,000 Omega marks.

I assume he built up such a huge pile the exact same way I did - months of playing Borg STFs. I wasn't hoarding my marks for turn-in events. Frankly I wouldn't bother doing those 50 mark turn-ins even if they paid out triple what they do now.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Free Tibet!
  • Options
    plaztikman64plaztikman64 Member Posts: 725 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    Hording marks for no reason, because I want to play the game the way I want to and not "play, then convert, then play..." Before the reputation- input/output ratio nerf, I used to spent hours converting the stuff at the dil events, because then it was actually, at least to some extend worth the time & effort, but now I just convert the 8500k each day and thats it...
  • Options
    warpangelwarpangel Member Posts: 9,427 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    They pile up just playing the game.

The dil weekends were the only reason I ever converted marks at all, and even then, only because not doing so would've made the marks less valuable. Clicking on some stupid conversion project a bazillion times is not my idea of fun.

Those 1-hour projects I do, but only to get free rep store weapons. They're not exactly useful for actually converting marks (you'd have to be online all day to convert the reward of one Elite run with it) and they're even more tedious than the regular conversion projects since they have 3 sliders. Why can't rep projects have a one-click "fill all" button?

There needs to be a 1,000 mark conversion project. Just copypaste the 50-mark one and type in 1,000 marks and 10,000 ore. It can't be too much work. I don't care if they extend the cooldown either, it could go on for days and still be better than clicking those stupid sliders every 15 seconds, wondering which one wears out first, your mouse buttons or your fingers.
  • Options
    jermbotjermbot Member Posts: 801 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    alex284 wrote: »
    Considering how many times this has been mentioned on the forums, I can only assume that it's WAI. My guess is that Cryptic just wants to make dil something difficult to obtain so they effectively ruined this method of getting dil.

And the 1 hour projects aren't better. Sure, they're only 15 marks, but you can only do 1 per hour per rep. Considering the complaint in this thread is that we have so many rep marks that we don't know what to do with them, suggesting a way to save rep marks is kinda missing the entire point.

That seems very unlikely, if only because the 8k refinement cap serves as a much better gate to the production of dilithium, and turning in 500 marks a minute is still a much faster way to get dilithium than running content that generates it directly.