test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Bonus Marks Weekend [3/12 - 3/16]

pwlaughingtrendypwlaughingtrendy Member Posts: 2,966 Arc User
edited March 2015 in Galactic News Network [PC]
Captains! This weekend we will be offering Bonus Marks for Fleet and Reputations! Start building your Fleet Projects and earning the best Reputation Gear in STO!

For more details on the Bonus Marks Weekend, check out our blog here.

~LaughingTrendy
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• mhall85mhall85 Member Posts: 2,852 Arc User1
    edited March 2015
    Just to be clear...

The bonuses do NOT apply to the Daily Bonus rewards, or the CC Event boxes, correct?
    d87926bd02aaa4eb12e2bb0fbc1f7061.jpg
  • gazurtoidgazurtoid Member Posts: 423 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    I wonder what has been nerfed this time around...
    yjkZSeM.gif
  • kitsuneichibankitsuneichiban Member Posts: 23 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    Good news, Captains! We're providing bonus marks* all weekend!

*Bonus marks do not apply to daily bonuses, boxes, marks from missions, odd numbers of marks, marks that make taco feel funny, or any marks delivered on a day that ends in 'y'.
  • toivatoiva Member Posts: 3,276 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    Good news, Captains! We're providing bonus marks* all weekend!

*Bonus marks do not apply to daily bonuses, boxes, marks from missions, odd numbers of marks, marks that make taco feel funny, or any marks delivered on a day that ends in 'y'.

Thanks for the detailed info. :D
    TOIVA, Toi Vaxx, Toia Vix, Toveg, T'vritha, To Vrax: Bring in the Allegiance class.
    Toi'Va, Ti'vath, Toivia, Ty'Vris, Tia Vex, Toi'Virth: Add Tier 6 KDF Carrier and Raider.
    Tae'Va, T'Vaya, To'Var, Tevra, T'Vira, To'Vrak: Give us Asylums for Romulans.

Don't make ARC mandatory! Keep it optional only!
  • halcyon3halcyon3 Member Posts: 60 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    How about a bonus ancient power cells weekend??
  • randwulf0969randwulf0969 Member Posts: 34 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    While I'm sure this is great for some players, I've already maxed out rep gear on my main toon and no longer really care much about my alts. I need points for specializations and stuff for upgrading my gear. Also, need a ton of dil for personal and fleet projects.
  • nishkacmnishkacm Member Posts: 133 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    I seriously hope that this doesn't replace the R&D weekend.

If this is on top of the R&D weekend then it's all fine, but I saved up roughly 120 boxes and I'm running out of space.

[edit]
    Never mind, R&D weekend is next week! :')

I should have double checked before writing my post.
  • crusader2007crusader2007 Member Posts: 1,883 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    Sorry but could care less about MARKS/REPS...just need XP/SPECS....Could we just do XP weekends instead till April 2015? Might as well since the metrics dont seem to be working on Cryptic's side. Who can log in to get crappy XP/Specs unless it is a bonus weekend!!! let alone who cares for marks?
    DUwNP.gif

• lordhavelocklordhavelock Member Posts: 2,248 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    Thanks for the extra marks. I don't really need more marks, but I suppose it's never bad to have more fodder to feed to the marks-to-dilithium-ore gristmill. Sure wish I could convert more than 50 marks at a time though. 500 and 1000 mark-to-dil converters are sorely needed.

:rolleyes:

halcyon3 wrote: »
    How about a bonus ancient power cells weekend??
    A bonus Elite Marks weekend wouldn't be a bad thing.

BTW, if you're having trouble getting APCs, as of the Feb 26th update, you can now get APCs in solo play doing the At the Gates and The Last Stand open missions (one each) on Kobali Prime Adventure Zone. It's how I've been getting mine lately.

Sorry but could care less about MARKS/REPS...just need XP/SPECS....Could we just do XP weekends...

/Vote +1 for more XP. :)

You can find/contact me in game as @PatricianVetinari. Playing STO since Feb 2010.
  • farmallmfarmallm Member Posts: 4,630 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    Good to see this again. I need the marks for my KDF who is doing the Delta Rep, my Romulan who just started the Dyson Rep, and my Fed Eng who needs some for some Delta Rep gear.

I will make good use off this promotion.
    Enterprise%20C_zpsrdrf3v8d.jpg

USS Casinghead NCC 92047 launched 2350
    Fleet Admiral Stowe - Dominion War Vet.
  • ikonn#1068 ikonn Member Posts: 1,450 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    As much as I like Bonus Marks, I am so glad I can skip this event... I have all my Reps at T5 and most of the Rep gear I need for certain characters. Now, I and can simply sit back and enjoy playing the game instead of feeling rushed to hoard as many marks as possible in a short time-span.
    -AoP- Warrior's Blood (KDF Armada) / -AoP- Qu' raD qulbo'Degh / -AoP- Project Phoenix
  • tarran61tarran61 Member Posts: 827 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    Looking forward to it, we need the marks for gear and fleet projects. Onward we go....
    Positive thoughts.
    NeAC.gif
  • leethorogoodleethorogood Member Posts: 302 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    Still no featured episode re-run. :(
  • shadowkoshshadowkosh Member Posts: 1,688 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    how about a featured episode rerun? I could use another Reman and Breen Boff :D
  • rmxiiirmxiii Member Posts: 221 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    shadowkosh wrote: »
    how about a featured episode rerun? I could use another Reman and Breen Boff :D

I would love a Featured Episode rerun as well, but after we get our new Delta Recruit Character so they can also get the fun stuff like the Cane, Shard, and Reman and Breen BOFFs as well.
  • dracounguisdracounguis Member Posts: 5,358 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    Marks schmarks. I need bonus of the other things to buy rep items. Marks are easy enough to come by.
    Sometimes I think I play STO just to have something to complain about on the forums.
  • themariethemarie Member Posts: 1,055 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    I second/third/28th the call for a bonus Elite-Mark weekend. I would like to be able to get 2-8 power-cells or undine-whatits per run for a short period of time.

IN FACT... if Cryptic DOES NOT do this thing I will eat this entire cement-mixer full of green jello. Mmm large truck mmmmmmm.....
  • rnjuchiharnjuchiha Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    I'm still too mad about what ya'll did to the dilithium weekend to give a darn about any other bonus weekends.
  • chipg7chipg7 Member Posts: 1,577 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    Have we really gotten to the point where everything is being complained about?

- "Too many events"
    - "Not the reward I wanted, so I'll complain about it"
    - "They added / fixed / updated this content, but it's not what I wanted, so it sucks"
    - "They boosted several things, but decreased a single thing, so STEALTH NERF!"

This sums up a couple of the posts above mine, as well as some whining I've seen about events and giveaways elsewhere in the forum recently.

Sorry all, but this is bonus marks. It's a no-extra-effort bonus to rewards for doing what you're likely already doing.

Relax, put down the pitchforks. Or keep complaining, and maybe we'll just stop getting bonuses of any type altogether. Then there'll be something to complain about, and that'll be the forumites who ruined the fun for those of us who enjoy and are thankful for all these little bonuses and freebies :mad:

/rant

Thanks for the info Trendy :D
  • captainmal3captainmal3 Member Posts: 436 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    Eh, my reps are all done on my main and I have the rep gear I want so the rep marks don't do much for me, but I'm sure it'll help newer players or those who still have alts. The extra fleet marks are nice though, can never have too many fleet credits. I suppose if nothing else those extra rep marks = a small bonus to dilithium ore. All in all, while not a huge deal to me, I have no actual complaints about this event.
  • warpangelwarpangel Member Posts: 9,427 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    chipg7 wrote: »
    Everything has always been complained about, it's nothing new.
    Sorry all, but this is bonus marks. It's a no-extra-effort bonus to rewards for doing what you're likely already doing.
    Exactly. Unfortunately, thats all it is. These bonus weekends used to be something to look forward to. During the event, you would do something different, something to break your routine. Now they're just, do what you always do and get a little something extra on the side.

Thing is, I got thousands of excess marks of every type on every toon and converting them into dil ore 50 at a time is too much work. In a way, I was happy they disqualified mark conversion from the dil bonus weekend, because I was no longer encouraged to perform a horribly boring chore for profit. But since I no longer convert marks in large numbers, there's no particular reason to gain them in large numbers either.

Until they make a marks conversion project that takes at least 1,000 marks at a time (or some other system that lets me convert a quantity of marks with a reasonable amount of effort), marks are useless for me as a reward.
    edited March 2015
    warpangel wrote: »
    Everything has always been complained about, it's nothing new.

Exactly. Unfortunately, thats all it is. These bonus weekends used to be something to look forward to. During the event, you would do something different, something to break your routine. Now they're just, do what you always do and get a little something extra on the side.

Thing is, I got thousands of excess marks of every type on every toon and converting them into dil ore 50 at a time is too much work. In a way, I was happy they disqualified mark conversion from the dil bonus weekend, because I was no longer encouraged to perform a horribly boring chore for profit. But since I no longer convert marks in large numbers, there's no particular reason to gain them in large numbers either.

Until they make a marks conversion project that takes at least 1,000 marks at a time (or some other system that lets me convert a quantity of marks with a reasonable amount of effort), marks are useless for me as a reward.

Exactly! I honestly have more than 50k Omega Marks on my main toon. If I were to convert them all it would be a time consuming, tedious, and repetitive task that I could quite literally hurt myself doing. As there is a refining limit for dil I don't see why there needs to be an artificially arduous conversion process for marks to dil. I mean, this is a game after all. It's supposed to be fun.
    edited March 2015

I agree that some of the complaining is just complaining but some of it is constructive criticism, too. For example, a Bonus Mark Weekend might be great for some players, but for others it really is quite irrelevant. It is advantageous for Cryptic/PWE to have and recognize feedback about what they are doing. If a promotion is falling flat or a change is outraging players I can't imagine it is good for PWE's bottom line to ignore them. As I pointed out in another thread, STOs growth is tied to its "referability"; something that has, IMHO, been in steady decline since I began playing. Listening to what players like, dislike, and insights on how STO can be improved can increase referability. This would be good for everyone.
  • possiblyboredpossiblybored Member Posts: 30 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    This 50% bonus is applied to the base rewards for all content that is eligible for the Daily Bonus Marks.

Does this mean that filing Commendation Reports at the fleet starbase no longer generates extra marks? I've been hanging on to my extra CXP for this weekend...
  • zeuxidemus001zeuxidemus001 Member Posts: 3,357 Arc User
    edited March 2015

- "Too many events"
    - "Not the reward I wanted, so I'll complain about it"
    - "They added / fixed / updated this content, but it's not what I wanted, so it sucks"
    - "They boosted several things, but decreased a single thing, so STEALTH NERF!"

This sums up a couple of the posts above mine, as well as some whining I've seen about events and giveaways elsewhere in the forum recently.

Relax, put down the pitchforks. Or keep complaining, and maybe we'll just stop getting bonuses of any type altogether. Then there'll be something to complain about, and that'll be the forumites who ruined the fun for those of us who enjoy and are thankful for all these little bonuses and freebies :mad:

/rant

Thanks for the info Trendy :D

I really think the complaining is like this for example. If I log in I am not really disgusted or angry with anyone but when I get on there the queues are empty. On top of that if there is anyone in the queues it starts hitting me how many times I had to do those on my alts just to get the traits which were pretty much removed/nerfed/screwed over any way you can look at it. So then i'm like bleh there is nothing here I want so then if I check forums I remember to rant about how much I can't stand grind and lack of kdf development lol.

So when you get down to it the complaining has its merits and the problem is when they started f2p they explained how lockboxes will never go away but yet they were making all this money off them but nothing was coming out as new content to play. So then they started these reps where essentially you were starting over from scratch. Then once metrics dropped off because ppl were tired of grind they put out those rep tokens, then they nerfed the traits so the upcoming reps would get attention lol. So 2014 was about grinding for the holidays and for however long the existing player base could grind until they got sick of the paywall grind. So in the end Cryptic and PWE have been so concerned over grinds and making their profits that they neglected the one aspect they are both suppossed to be about... and that is designing a "GAME" that is designed around having "FUN" roflmao. So to end this wall of text I will give a hypocritical example since I mostly play KDF with lack of KDF development all they have been doing is pushing battle cruisers and 1 raptor because if they ever push the envelope on raiders they would actually have to build content to raid. As a lot of KDF players were mostly liking those bops its kinda useless to play KDF if your raider can't raid anything.
  • aelfwin1aelfwin1 Member Posts: 2,896 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    gazurtoid wrote: »
    I wonder what has been nerfed this time around...

Well , since you've asked , Multiple Choice Mark Packages no longer award the .5 bonus .

First we could not get a .5 Dil bonus for our Marks (but got called "hoarders" by our fellow players) , and now this .

... thanks guys ...
  • kintishokintisho Member Posts: 1,040 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    at least this event is useful for alts and new chars even though the game is now ULTRA unfriendly to alts in general....
  • drakethewhitedrakethewhite Member Posts: 1,240 Arc User
    edited March 2015

It seems so. They're not much good will on these forums currently.

I'll enjoy the bonus marks (soon to be dilithium except for a alt or two), especially during the CE event after increasing the choice of type there.

Sure I have other issues I'd like addressed, but that's not going to ruin this event for me.
  • isvarnaisvarna Member Posts: 108 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    themarie wrote: »
    IN FACT... if Cryptic DOES NOT do this thing I will eat this entire cement-mixer full of green jello. Mmm large truck mmmmmmm.....

I've had a cement mixer before. It was every bit as unpleasant as I feared and then some. But at least now I have no qualms about serving them to people that deserve it.
    ↓ ↓ This is why we can't have nice things. ↓ ↓
  • sinn74sinn74 Member Posts: 1,149 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    "Hoard your fleet marks now, before a new fleet holding arrives."