What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

In the meantime, in Neverwinter...

ivantomdisplayivantomdisplay Member Posts: 0 Arc User
edited March 2015 in PvP Gameplay
Just a quick patch note:
*Pvp: Characters remain on map for 15 seconds following logout
[10:49] [Combat (Self)] Your Proton Barrage deals 96581 (43411) Proton(Critical) to Seto.
Poor soul didnt have time to log out.
Post edited by ivantomdisplay on

Comments

• Options
    rmy1081rmy1081 Member Posts: 2,840 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    *scratches at the Neverwinter window like a starving puppy wanting in from the rain*

seriously though. it's the same freaking game engine...
  • Options
    dontdrunkimshootdontdrunkimshoot Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    and STO devs are on the other side of the window, licking it. they literally cant bring themselves to spend 5 minutes doing something for pvp, they just cant. hows appealing to all the carebear casuals going for ya cryptic? by their very definition they are unretainable, no mater what. next they will probably try to appeal to the SJW that want all hair and all costumes unlocked on males and females, so they can play gender scrabble and make this game star tumblr second life. watch that back fire, when they find 1 little thing wrong with the gesture and screech at them on twiter for a week.

what are successful games doing? games people play for years, games that are not only played in mass, but have thousands of people watching it be played on twitch? those are games were pvp is almost exclusively the focus. and its a formula that could work here too.

the pvper is the perfect player for this game's business model, we are hard core, we need to be at our best so we can let skill do the rest, so we will put up with some grind. sure as hell not THIS much grind, but pre DR was about right. we gobble up and cashin for powercreep like its cocaine, bring on the ships, we buy them all. we keep loging in every day, we never run out of things to do because we keep ourselves entertained. you don't have to spend 1000 man hours and pay voice actors out the TRIBBLE to do a big o'l episode that will be only worth playing once, and will get most of those loveable carebears to log in just once. a new map every decade or so would be enough. not to mention, the INCREDIBLE amount of BS we've proven we will put up with over the years, the incompetence required to finally drive us all off, its staggering.
  • Options
    ursusmorologusursusmorologus Member Posts: 5,328 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    the pvper is the perfect player for this game's business model, we are hard core, we need to be at our best so we can let skill do the rest, so we will put up with some grind. sure as hell not THIS much grind, but pre DR was about right. we gobble up and cashin for powercreep like its cocaine, bring on the ships, we buy them all. we keep loging in every day, we never run out of things to do because we keep ourselves entertained. you don't have to spend 1000 man hours and pay voice actors out the TRIBBLE to do a big o'l episode that will be only worth playing once, and will get most of those loveable carebears to log in just once. a new map every decade or so would be enough. not to mention, the INCREDIBLE amount of BS we've proven we will put up with over the years, the incompetence required to finally drive us all off, its staggering.

I'm going around cleaning up alts that I haven't played since DR and finding ships I bought just to test loadout theories--Fleet Kamarag with 2xBFAW and EPtE? Shield-stripping Fleet Nebula? Pure tetryon build with Hirogen ships and sets? Projects that were abandoned with DR, no money spent on anything since DR, no time spent on anything since DR.
  • Options
    snoge00fsnoge00f Member Posts: 1,812 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    Nice, change. I know of one guy who posts here in these forums who would not like that one. lol.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    reverseandereverseande Member Posts: 80 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    snoge00f wrote: »
    Nice, change. I know of one guy who posts here in these forums who would not like that one. lol.

Its for neverwinter not sto.Talon Jones will simply end the game from task manager anyway.
  • Options
    ibuyevryshipibuyevryship Member Posts: 280
    edited March 2015
    Just a quick patch note:
    *Pvp: Characters remain on map for 15 seconds following logout

well they missed that part after 5 year here :( . BTW glad to see Super Ivan have fun in another game !!!
    Its for neverwinter not sto.Talon Jones will simply end the game from task manager anyway.

somone from my fleet seen him logout then wait for him to log back in and then reported that guy

10:56] [Tell] T'Ln J'nas@etherealplanes: ****ing ******
    [10:56] [Tell] T'Ln J'nas@etherealplanes: ****ing ****** TRIBBLE ******
    [11:01] [Tell] T'Ln J'nas@etherealplanes: ****ing ****** do it 1 onn 1 u ****ing fagghot TRIBBLE ******
    [11:04] [Tell] T'Ln J'nas@etherealplanes: thats what i thought u scared ****** TRIBBLE ****** ;0
    [11:04] [Tell] T'Ln J'nas@etherealplanes: ****ing scared of me :0
    [11:10] [Tell] T'Ln J'nas@etherealplanes: im gonna kill you you ****ing ****** TRIBBLE ******
    [11:12] [Tell] T'Ln J'nas@etherealplanes: u ****ing ****** TRIBBLE ******
    [11:12] [Tell] T'Ln J'nas@etherealplanes: you ****ing ****** ill ****ing kill you ******
    [11:13] [Tell] T'Ln J'nas@etherealplanes: ill kill you u ****ing ****** TRIBBLE ****** boy
    [11:13] [Tell] T'Ln J'nas@etherealplanes: u ****ing low life piece of **** ******
    [11:13] [Tell] T'Ln J'nas@etherealplanes: u ****ing ****** **** sucker
  • Options
    etherealplanesetherealplanes Member Posts: 414
    edited March 2015

Actually I wouldn't give a flying **** since I am here to troll space pvpers anyway. So hahahah
  • Options
    edited March 2015
    well they missed that part after 5 year here :( . BTW glad to see Super Ivan have fun in another game !!!

somone from my fleet seen him logout then wait for him to log back in and then reported that guy

10:56] [Tell] T'Ln J'nas@etherealplanes: ****ing ******
    [10:56] [Tell] T'Ln J'nas@etherealplanes: ****ing ****** TRIBBLE ******
    [11:01] [Tell] T'Ln J'nas@etherealplanes: ****ing ****** do it 1 onn 1 u ****ing fagghot TRIBBLE ******
    [11:04] [Tell] T'Ln J'nas@etherealplanes: thats what i thought u scared ****** TRIBBLE ****** ;0
    [11:04] [Tell] T'Ln J'nas@etherealplanes: ****ing scared of me :0
    [11:10] [Tell] T'Ln J'nas@etherealplanes: im gonna kill you you ****ing ****** TRIBBLE ******
    [11:12] [Tell] T'Ln J'nas@etherealplanes: u ****ing ****** TRIBBLE ******
    [11:12] [Tell] T'Ln J'nas@etherealplanes: you ****ing ****** ill ****ing kill you ******
    [11:13] [Tell] T'Ln J'nas@etherealplanes: ill kill you u ****ing ****** TRIBBLE ****** boy
    [11:13] [Tell] T'Ln J'nas@etherealplanes: u ****ing low life piece of **** ******
    [11:13] [Tell] T'Ln J'nas@etherealplanes: u ****ing ****** **** sucker

Oh hi zelda **** even you have people trolling your TRIBBLE across multiple games they must really hate you. Was funny I was in hobos for awhile you remember? :P Btw where has reporting me gotten you guys? HMMMMM? :P
  • Options
    edited March 2015
    rmy1081 wrote: »
    *scratches at the Neverwinter window like a starving puppy wanting in from the rain*

seriously though. it's the same freaking game engine...

What do you expect you moron neverwinter is beating this game out on steam now. Besides I am doing more to fix some of this games pvp while all you idiots do is QQ from another game over here. Now how pathetic is that?
  • Options
    edited March 2015

More than likely just hotkey the disable Ethernet adapter.
  • Options
    ibuyevryshipibuyevryship Member Posts: 280
    edited March 2015
    Oh hi zelda **** even you have people trolling your TRIBBLE across multiple games they must really hate you. Was funny I was in hobos for awhile you remember? :P Btw where has reporting me gotten you guys? HMMMMM? :P

Getting trolled in other game from ppl in STO is a acomplishment in my case, and ya you got kicked after you did reveal your identity
  • Options
    edited March 2015
    Getting trolled in other game from ppl in STO is a acomplishment in my case, and ya you got kicked after you did reveal you identity
    But yet you wanted me? Hobos never took in ****ty pvpers must have been doing something right. LOL Ever heard of those who live in glass houses should not throw stones? Well did you just rage on inner circles ts? I mean **** I type my stuff out. But to take the time to get on someones ts3 to curse them out because you ****ed up in another game. LMFAO

What else is funny is I have had alts in Pandas, 32nd vipers, and TRH too. Yet I suck at space pvp HMMM

Also consider if they did bring that feature over here. You damn well know they would break it to punish people that get random dc'ed by the server.
  • Options
    wildweasalwildweasal Member Posts: 1,053 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    hmmmmm i see this threAD is going to end badly
    3ondby_zpsikszslyx.jpg
  • Options
    edited March 2015
    It's the pvp forums since when do threads end any other way then bad?
  • Options
    gregkanegregkane Member Posts: 278 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    But yet you wanted me? Hobos never took in ****ty pvpers must have been doing something right. LOL Ever heard of those who live in glass houses should not throw stones? Well did you just rage on inner circles ts? I mean **** I type my stuff out. But to take the time to get on someones ts3 to curse them out because you ****ed up in another game. LMFAO

What else is funny is I have had alts in Pandas, 32nd vipers, and TRH too. Yet I suck at space pvp HMMM

Also consider if they did bring that feature over here. You damn well know they would break it to punish people that get random dc'ed by the server.

Erm i dont think uve ever been in trh on thisaccount or ur oruginal one spud, sorry ;)
  • Options
    warmaker001bwarmaker001b Member Posts: 9,205 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    wildweasal wrote: »
    hmmmmm i see this threAD is going to end badly

What's Cryptic going to do? Stop developing for PVP?
    XzRTofz.gif
  • Options
    mrskhan1mrskhan1 Member Posts: 24 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    either way you're not going to beat a McLaren P1 driver in DC which alternates DRS and KERS on straights after accumulating enough kinetic energy from braking. You just don't.
    What's Cryptic going to do? Stop developing for PVP?

Did they even develop it? If so when lol
  • Options
    edited March 2015
    edalgo wrote: »
    Same for Vipers

Umm yeah that was the point of an alt account. Clearly you never figured those out :P It was almost 2 years ago as well. TRH heroes was during season 5. But again you would never know this because it was never revealed. Let's just say Yoda was taken in by my sciscort piloting. It was him that brought me in. But I didn't stay too long. The alts were just to prove the same people that said I suck wanted me. I did the same thing with fs and fes on ground.
  • Options
    ussenterpisezussenterpisez Member Posts: 163 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    Same for Vipers

Same for Pandas lol,

I remember bantering you about inviting you to a ground panda fleet (that didnt exist) :)

None of you ****** alts either

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited March 2015
    That's truly sad you have to create alt accounts to go incognito otherwise no1 wants you .

And your rejects are not being terrible at PvP as much as being a terrible human being.

That's why no1 wants you.

Unfortunately the Devs don't care about trolls ingame otherwise all your alts would be banned once discovered.

Well my time in your fleet was well enough spent same for the others. What's really funny is everyone in my family and who I work with considers me a great human being imagine that? Have you people ever considered I come here and treat you guys exactly the way you deserve and present yourselves? Thanks for the invite :) btw And no biebs if I ever said I was in a ground panda fleet I must have either been drunk or trolling you because I know you guys don't and can't handle ground and that would tick you off. I never seriously said I was in a ground Pandas fleet in other words.

Also I have made peace with a good majority of the ground community that we all once hated each other. You know why? It's to rebuild ground and make it the dominate form of sto pvp. So all you guys can do is QQ from afar about LOL spacebar in about a year. I am working hard on testing as well as managing stuff that affects ground and have even come up with some actual counters to the worst module ever created for ground pvp.

What it comes down to is pvp is dead, nobody cares, I will never meet any of you in real life, and if you don't like what I have to say ignore me in game. If you can't figure out how to use ignore like the csm's tell you to in your reply e-mail about me, then you are just plain TRIBBLE.
  • Options
    lucho80lucho80 Member Posts: 6,600 Bug Hunter
    edited March 2015
    Neverwinter in general seems to be doing better than STO.

1) The game is going to XBOX One

2) They actually polished their gateway. STO abandoned theirs like they do a lot of things, (PvP abandoned. Doff success/crit system needs to be fixed and they know how to do it but it would take too much time. Accolades are an afterthought and you're lucky if they ever fix a bugged one. New Romulus never got that promised Reman section. Exchange needs attention badly.)
  • Options
    edited March 2015
    lucho80 wrote: »
    Neverwinter in general seems to be doing better than STO.

1) The game is going to XBOX One

2) They actually polished their gateway. STO abandoned theirs like they do a lot of things, (PvP abandoned. Doff success/crit system needs to be fixed and they know how to do it but it would take too much time. Accolades are an afterthought and you're lucky if they ever fix a bugged one. New Romulus never got that promised Reman section. Exchange needs attention badly.)

I find it totally hilarious they added /logout prevention into that games pvp before this one. That just blows my mind :P I guess a lot of people are logging out in pvp over there. Hmm gotta wonder if it's not balanced like this game.
  • Options
    gregkanegregkane Member Posts: 278 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    Umm yeah that was the point of an alt account. Clearly you never figured those out :P It was almost 2 years ago as well. TRH heroes was during season 5. But again you would never know this because it was never revealed. Let's just say Yoda was taken in by my sciscort piloting. It was him that brought me in. But I didn't stay too long. The alts were just to prove the same people that said I suck wanted me. I did the same thing with fs and fes on ground.

Im calling bull**** on this, im near sure wasnt long ago u were blabbing about who was yoda he wasnt here in season 0.75 or some other TRIBBLE next ull be telling me u created the trh lecter sciscort tbr build, as for ur skills, i dont know, i dont care, ur a d1ck thats all that matters- u could b best pvpr in sto when u are an ******* to everyone wether they deserve or not u loose all credebility and therefore are not worth the argument
  • Options
    mrskhan1mrskhan1 Member Posts: 24 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zWMEtfCT5iY

come on dudes, this is getting hilarious :P
  • Options
    tk79tk79 Member Posts: 1,020 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    lucho80 wrote: »

NW's Gateway had Exchange access from the start, among other very good things, and it's easy to use. It's sad that the STO team can't get some in-house lessons from its peers' experiences.

I also have to wonder where the STO Web Developers are. Cryptic's Jobs page has no open positions but I see nothing ever done in that department.
    U.S.S. Eastgate Photo Wall
    STO Screenshot Archive

• Options
    bluegeekbluegeek Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    Captains,

If you would like to continue this discussion, please refrain from anything that even hints at flaming or trolling. No insults, no taunting. Not necessary input to discuss this.

In order to keep this constructive, what specific features would you guys like to see ported over from Neverwinter's PvP? Or Champions, for that matter? (Aside from the change to the logout timer, which I think is a good idea across the board for both PvP and PvE.)
    My views may not represent those of Cryptic Studios or Perfect World Entertainment. You can file a "forums and website" support ticket here
    Link: How to PM - Twitter @STOMod_Bluegeek
  • Options
    wast33wast33 Member Posts: 1,855 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    bluegeek wrote: »
    Captains,

If you would like to continue this discussion, please refrain from anything that even hints at flaming or trolling. No insults, no taunting. Not necessary input to discuss this.

In order to keep this constructive, what specific features would you guys like to see ported over from Neverwinter's PvP? Or Champions, for that matter? (Aside from the change to the logout timer, which I think is a good idea across the board for both PvP and PvE.)

what features?! sry, but made me like giggle and puking at the same time lol :D... no offence geek, but instantly i had to think of stahls babbling 'nw is partly meant to be the testing ground for all the soon(tm) coming pvp-features (s8 :D). once finished there we will carry em over to sto, as both games run the same engine yaddayadda...'

i don't wanna flame (they started! ;):D)! now, if they'd be interested in suggestions for features i'd say may first just implement all the cool things they babbled about for years?

+they got a subforum with tons of ignored suggestions made for years now to dig through. by now they can do that on their own imho!

/off

btw: that post is clearly on topic... i hope at least ^^ :-D
This discussion has been closed.