test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Temporal Insight

virusdancervirusdancer Member Posts: 18,687 Arc User
edited March 2015 in PvP Gameplay
http://www.arcgames.com/en/games/star-trek-online/news/detail/9080423
Delta Recruits will be playing a parallel story to that of their chosen faction. They have a list of goals that they can achieve at any time, and completing these goals will see them rewarded with equipment, Marks, and other rewards beneficial not just to the Delta Recruit, but to all characters on the same account. Completing the story arcs of your chosen faction will reward you with a unique Starship Trait for all characters on your account: Temporal Insight. This trait will proc a Damage Immunity when you use any Hull Heal on your starship.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    tk79tk79 Member Posts: 1,020 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    To be used right before you're getting vaped? Yes please.

But knowing Cryptic, the duration will be something like... 0.2s.
    U.S.S. Eastgate Photo Wall
    STO Screenshot Archive

• Options
    dontdrunkimshootdontdrunkimshoot Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    STO being in a nose dive confirmed. throttling back to the grind and cost levels that actually retained players would be crazy though, better come up with some convoluted make a new character nonsense instead!

not that i would care ether way at this point, its not just the unreasonable to the power of 4 grind and cost walls to being pvp ready, its also how awful and broken pvp has become otherwise, thats all it takes for me to have 0 interest in the entire game anymore
  • Options
    thay8472thay8472 Member Posts: 6,102 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    Temporal Insight

Gain access to 20 new reputations for 5 minutes. Using this ability lowers your willpower by -%100.
    2gdi5w4mrudm.png
    Typhoon Class please!
  • Options
    praxi5praxi5 Member Posts: 1,562 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    Seriously? I'm hoping there's a hefty CD involved.

Otherwise, hello Aux to SIF!

EDIT: Any hull heal? How will it work with HE and other HoTs (Dauntless trait, Agent Nerul, Samsar console, Borg 2pc, etc)? Are you "immune" for the whole duration?
  • Options
    mrskhan1mrskhan1 Member Posts: 24 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    http://imgur.com/d76l9OG

http://imgur.com/NSAuJwt

second one imho has a bigger Star Trek component. And it looks almost real, not like the first's deteriorated game engine on which they ended up building a senseless grind. Glad I've left. Need for Speed Rivals is so much better; when I'm buying Driveclub as well I'd be gone nice and clean from here lol.
  • Options
    snoge00fsnoge00f Member Posts: 1,812 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    **** that bull**** grind.

They make it easy to grind specialization points and it would be an interesting deal.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited March 2015
    snoge00f wrote: »
    **** that bull**** grind.

They make it easy to grind specialization points and it would be an interesting deal.

Heh, I've kind of forgot about grinding those out.

Intel 23/30
    Command 23/30
    Pilot 15/15
    Commando 0/15

Can't remember if somebody said Extrovert was working or not...but that, Consultant DOFFs, and yeah...hrmm...

Course, just how much of a distraction might this be to slowdown what's going on with that and the rest.

I'm just curious (and put off) by what might be locked behind this particular grind to unlock for the account.
  • Options
    dgdolphdgdolph Member Posts: 592 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    [x] Temporal Insight getting triggered by 2-piece-borg-set hull heal ticks = 100% immunity uptime :D ...just like give you all :rolleyes:
  • Options
    edited March 2015
    dgdolph wrote: »
    [x] Temporal Insight getting triggered by 2-piece-borg-set hull heal ticks = 100% immunity uptime :D ...just like give you all :rolleyes:

Heh, there is the "use" part in the little they mentioned as opposed to the "receive" bit...but that will still get into the various "use" heals out there.
  • Options
    edited March 2015
    Heh, there is the "use" part in the little they mentioned as opposed to the "receive" bit...but that will still get into the various "use" heals out there.

Well, we all know about craptics correctness concerning descriptions :rolleyes:

Anyway it's just a guess how they are going to kill PvP once more (even if unintended). Feel free to quote me when it turns out my prediction was correct :)
  • Options
    edited March 2015
    dgdolph wrote: »
    Well, we all know about craptics correctness concerning descriptions :rolleyes:

Anyway it's just a guess how they are going to kill PvP once more (even if unintended). Feel free to quote me when it turns out my prediction was correct :)

Thing is, folks have been complaining about the Surgical Rock 'n Roll Strikes...and this might give them something to help with that.

My particular grimace regarding it (and potentially anything else the Delta Recruits unlocks) would be the manner by which we'll have to go about acquiring it (and anything else) by grinding out what's basically going to be a disposable toon.
  • Options
    edited March 2015
    ... by grinding out what's basically going to be a disposable toon.

For me, the Line was crossed some time ago with DR. I don't even care to log on more often than every 2-3 weeks to say hello. Now, I just lean back and hope for better times or for seeing a nice spectacle when it's all going to hell. If I can't have fun playing this game anymore, I'm at least going to have fun seeing this damn game burning to death. Season 8 was the beginning of the end. I beleive this is the end of the end.
  • Options
    sal1111sal1111 Member Posts: 59 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    Let me tell you what I like most about this idea of forcing people to roll new toons to grind.

Perhaps even the most moronic of window licking PvE kidz will tell Cryptic to stuff this junk game and uninstall like the majority of us that bother to come here anymore have done.

Roll more toons, I swear Cryptic is the most bat dung crazy developer in the entire gaming industry. Spend 2 years making alts painful, then when the metrics tell you people get bored with your game in a matter of hours, increase the grind... and when that doesn't work... try to force people to grind new toons. LMAO

I will hand it to them... unexpected. Only because I think even there strongest haters wouldn't have believed they where quite that stupid.