test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

In Memorium List (Missing Names)

wanderintxwanderintx Member Posts: 144 Arc User
I noticed Carol and David Marcus were not on the list on page two of the memorial when you interact with it. (Bibi Besch 1940-1996 and Merritt Butrick 1959-1989 both left us some time back.)

Also Andreas Katsulas 1946-2006 (Actor: Tomalak)

Brock Peters 1927-2005 (Actor: Admiral Cartwright & Joseph Sisko)

Kellie Waymire 1967 - 2003 (Actor: Elizabeth Cutler in Enterprise)

Michael Piller 1948-2005 (Writer and Producer)

John Colicos 1928- 2000 (Actor: Kor in TOS and DS9)

Persis Khambatta 1948-1998 (Actor: Ilia in ST:TMP)

Fred Freidberger 1915-2003 (Producer TOS)

Jeffrey Hunter 1926-1969 (Actor: Christopher Pike in TOS) We've actually lost most all of the original pilot main cast.

Harve Bennett 1930-2015 (Producer ST:2-5, Writer, Admiral Bennett in ST:5)

Paul Winfield 1939-2004 (Actor: Capt. Terrell in ST:2 and Dathon in TNG)

Also, thanks janus1975, James Doohan's quote has a "to to" in the first line. Should just be one of those.

Any others we are missing? I am talking about the longer list when you interact with the memorial and click "Continue" and not the names on the physical memorial. Please note them in this thread along with their role in Star Trek (actor, writer, etc.) and their year of birth and death.
Post edited by wanderintx on

Comments

• Options
    bberge1701bberge1701 Member Posts: 726 Bug Hunter
    edited March 2015
    Unfortunately, quite a few of the guest stars in TOS have passed at this point, so the list would become quite long. :(

One name that immediately springs to mind is Sarek (Mark Lenard).

Edit: Whoops, my bad. Posted this before seeing the memorial in game. I didn't realize there was an additional list of names, not just the big names on the plaque.
  • Options
    eksell1eksell1 Member Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    Kellie Waymire (1967–2003)Crewman Elizabeth Cutler in the Enterprise series
  • Options
    carlosbflycarlosbfly Member Posts: 682 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    Surprised that Michael Piller wasn't on there. Given that Gene is and we're including people then who aren't actors, Piller made a massive contribution to Trek.
  • Options
    qjuniorqjunior Member Posts: 2,023 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    I would prefer it if only main cast members get a mention by name, otherwise it might get ridiculous at some point. It takes a whole lot of people to make a tv show. Are we going to put the catering staff on the memorials too ?

I'm not against people like Mark Lenard though, who did play an important an recurring role in more than one show and some movies.
  • Options
    edited March 2015
    If you interact with the memorial panel and click "Continue" you can see a longer list of names, which does include Mark Lenard. This is where I am talking about adding names.
  • Options
    doubleohninedoubleohnine Member Posts: 818 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    Yeah, if you were being more "in universe" about it, Sarek would get a statue before Spock. And honestly I doubt either would have got a statue, considering the way Vulcans are.

My idea was better:

If I were EP, this is the memorial I would do: I would want it to make sense In game. The stuffy Vulcans would never honor Spock with anything on Vulcan. New Romulus isnt worthy to have ANYTHING there. As for getting visited by Klingons too, who cares, load your Fed toon, we all have one.

I would have a mini mission where Admiral Quinn was dedicating a new memorial / inspiration wing on the grounds of Starfleet Academy dedicated to the finest crew in Starfleet, the crew of the USS Enterprise 1701. It would be a small building on the campus, you would walk in the front door to a small lobby that had pictures of the Enterprise and clickable memorial plaques that opened popup text to describe some of the ship and crew's most memorable missions. The plaques would only have a faint outline glow to them, not that over the top firery glow STO uses now. Then a door in the center of the lobby that opened up to a scale TOS Bridge of the USS Enterprise. Inside, a holographic representation of Kirk, Spock, Scotty, Bones, Uhura, Chekov, and Sulu. They wouldnt flicker like obvious holograms either. They would be at their iconic stations with one or two canned animations each.

Kirk would mostly look at his view screen with that signature grin on his face. After a few seconds, he'd press the intercom button on his right arm console and lean over to mouth inaudible words into it where we see his mouth move. He'd sit back then a blonde generic yeoman with an obvious nod to Rand would appear out of thin air by the turbolift, walk down to Kirk, hand him a padd, he looks it over, signs it, hands it back to her, she walks back up to turbolift doors and disappears until the animation reloads in a few minutes.

Spock would be sitting at his station, ocasionally looking back at the viewscreen. He'd stand up and lean over to look into his viewer thingy. Then he'd stand straight up, turn to look at the viewscreen, raise an eyebrow. Then sit back down to start the loop over again. Each character would be on a 3 minute loop.

Uhura would look back and forth at her station and the viewscreen, holding her hand to her ear occasionally.

Sulu and Chekov would look lively at their stations always seated and looking at viewscreen. Scotty would be at station on the right. Mccoy would stand near Uhura, and be on a loop to walk down by the captain and stand and look at viewscreen with Jim, then walk back up, and walk over to stand near Spock during the loop minute Spock is standing up and looking at viewscreen too.

By each character would be a small readable plaque mounted into the console areas by the characters. It would also have a subtle glow around the plaque outline. Each plaque would say the characters full name, with starfleet service record year span 22XX - 22XX written below the character name. Each plaque would have the bottom half reserved for the actor's name if we already lost them. So Spock's gold plaque would say
    Spock
    Starfleet Service
    22XX - 22XX
    In Loving Memory of
    Leonard Nimoy
    19XX - 2015

When you click on the plaques, it had a long description of that characters most memorable moments of their service in Starfleet.

Kirk's plaque would be mounted standing up on the left arm of his chair. The others would be hard mounted into the stations right next to them, and Mccoys somewhere between Uhura and the turbolift where he'd stand next to. I dont want any glowy floaty things in there. I want the plaques to blend in, very subtle glows, and the viewscreen would have memorable mission moments as a slideshow on the viewscreen. We can take our toons onto the bridge and stand next to each character to take our printscreen picture with them.

Id want the best representation of each actor's face possible. As well as Picardo was drawn, not like Seven, the animated NPCs really need to look a LOT like Shatner, Nimoy, Kelly, etc. When the actor passes away, we fill in the death year under their name on the plaque. Starfleet academy would do this in their world, now that it seems Spock is not coming back, and Star Trek and STO owe a lot to the original crew that started it all. I would think each actor would be fine with using their young faces as a memorial with the rest of their cast.

Icing on the cake would be to have Patrick Stewart read each characters biography after you clicked on the plaques, but thats likely asking too much.

Anyways, thats how Id tastefully memorialize the original crew and the actors who played them.
    STO: @AGNT009 Since Dec 2010
    Capt. Will Conquest of the U.S.S. Crusader
  • Options
    gfreeman98gfreeman98 Member Posts: 1,200 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    qjunior wrote: »
    I would prefer it if only main cast members get a mention by name, otherwise it might get ridiculous at some point. It takes a whole lot of people to make a tv show. Are we going to put the catering staff on the memorials too ?

I'm not against people like Mark Lenard though, who did play an important an recurring role in more than one show and some movies.
    My sentiments exactly. Main cast. Gene since he created it.

Mark Lenard - I'd say yes. Major recurring character.

Majel? Number One in the pilot, Nurse Chapel of course, plus the computer voice for many of the series. Overall though a minor role so I'm torn. I'll give a hesitant yes.
    screenshot_2015-03-01-resize4.png
  • Options
    qjuniorqjunior Member Posts: 2,023 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    gfreeman98 wrote: »
    My sentiments exactly. Main cast. Gene since he created it.

Mark Lenard - I'd say yes. Major recurring character.

Majel? Number One in the pilot, Nurse Chapel of course, plus the computer voice for many of the series. Overall though a minor role so I'm torn. I'll give a hesitant yes.

And Lwaxana Troi on TNG and DS9. I'd say she deserves a place on the list.
  • Options
    thutmosis85thutmosis85 Member Posts: 2,358 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    gfreeman98 wrote: »

+ Lwaxana Troi ... Barett was probably in more Episodes than Nimoy ... just sayin ...
    Patch Notes : Resolved an Issue, where people would accidently experience Fun.
  • Options
    welcome2earfwelcome2earf Member Posts: 1,746 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    + Tomalok (Andreas Katsulas) for the Romulans.

...or just troll and put G'Kar. :P

/SWEDISH MEATBALLS!
    T93uSC8.jpg
  • Options
    edited March 2015
    qjunior wrote: »
    And Lwaxana Troi ...
    Ugh. I have tried to wipe that from my mind! ;)
  • Options
    leethorogoodleethorogood Member Posts: 302 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    Kang and Koloth are listed but no Kor! :(
  • Options
    janus1975janus1975 Member Posts: 739 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    Can I suggest to people (could the OP add this to their post as an edit too?) that if there's a name that should be on the plaque, that you give the name, their title, and years of birth/passing away and Trek link? For example, "Joe Citizen, Actor, 1930-2005 (TOS S1E3)"

And shouldn't have to say but will: check if they're on the expanded list first (you need to read the plaque and see page two to do so).

That way it will be faster and easier for Cryptic to act on your information.

Also, please note there is a "to to" in James Doohan's quote.
  • Options
    catoblepasbetacatoblepasbeta Member Posts: 1,532 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    + Tomalok (Andreas Katsulas) for the Romulans.

...or just troll and put G'Kar. :P

/SWEDISH MEATBALLS!
    Would be a better fit than Spock for New Romulus, I think. Spock's reunification plan seemed....'controversial' among Romulans, to put it lightly.

Personally, I think it would be nice if we could get memorials on our planets that honor actors that have passed-that played members of those factions.
  • Options
    edited March 2015
    Just launched game and visited ESD. Majel Barrett is on the plaque and Mark Lenard is listed on the secondary page.

Nicely done, simple and very tasteful. Kudos.
  • Options
    thutmosis85thutmosis85 Member Posts: 2,358 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    Would be a better fit than Spock for New Romulus, I think. Spock's reunification plan seemed....'controversial' among Romulans, to put it lightly.

Meh "Old" Romulus maybe ... but he's a perfect fit for New Romulus & the Republic ... after all they put D'Tan in charge ... the little boy tutored by Spock ...

http://en.memory-alpha.org/wiki/D%27Tan
    Patch Notes : Resolved an Issue, where people would accidently experience Fun.
  • Options
    catoblepasbetacatoblepasbeta Member Posts: 1,532 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    Meh "Old" Romulus maybe ... but he's a perfect fit for New Romulus & the Republic ... after all they put D'Tan in charge ... the little boy tutored by Spock ...

http://en.memory-alpha.org/wiki/D%27Tan
    Yes, I'm aware.

But I find it hard to believe that the entire republic consists of reunificationists.

And I still think the direction Cryptic took the Republic in was mistaken.
  • Options
    edited March 2015
    janus1975 wrote: »

Thank you. I updated the original post as suggested.
  • Options
    petematepetemate Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    Persis Khambatta - Played Ilia the Deltan navigator in ST-TMP
  • Options
    cecil08cecil08 Member Posts: 163 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    Yeah, if you were being more "in universe" about it, Sarek would get a statue before Spock. And honestly I doubt either would have got a statue, considering the way Vulcans are.

My idea was better:

If I were EP, this is the memorial I would do: I would want it to make sense In game. The stuffy Vulcans would never honor Spock with anything on Vulcan. New Romulus isnt worthy to have ANYTHING there. As for getting visited by Klingons too, who cares, load your Fed toon, we all have one.

I would have a mini mission where Admiral Quinn was dedicating a new memorial / inspiration wing on the grounds of Starfleet Academy dedicated to the finest crew in Starfleet, the crew of the USS Enterprise 1701. It would be a small building on the campus, you would walk in the front door to a small lobby that had pictures of the Enterprise and clickable memorial plaques that opened popup text to describe some of the ship and crew's most memorable missions. The plaques would only have a faint outline glow to them, not that over the top firery glow STO uses now. Then a door in the center of the lobby that opened up to a scale TOS Bridge of the USS Enterprise. Inside, a holographic representation of Kirk, Spock, Scotty, Bones, Uhura, Chekov, and Sulu. They wouldnt flicker like obvious holograms either. They would be at their iconic stations with one or two canned animations each.

Kirk would mostly look at his view screen with that signature grin on his face. After a few seconds, he'd press the intercom button on his right arm console and lean over to mouth inaudible words into it where we see his mouth move. He'd sit back then a blonde generic yeoman with an obvious nod to Rand would appear out of thin air by the turbolift, walk down to Kirk, hand him a padd, he looks it over, signs it, hands it back to her, she walks back up to turbolift doors and disappears until the animation reloads in a few minutes.

Spock would be sitting at his station, ocasionally looking back at the viewscreen. He'd stand up and lean over to look into his viewer thingy. Then he'd stand straight up, turn to look at the viewscreen, raise an eyebrow. Then sit back down to start the loop over again. Each character would be on a 3 minute loop.

Uhura would look back and forth at her station and the viewscreen, holding her hand to her ear occasionally.

Sulu and Chekov would look lively at their stations always seated and looking at viewscreen. Scotty would be at station on the right. Mccoy would stand near Uhura, and be on a loop to walk down by the captain and stand and look at viewscreen with Jim, then walk back up, and walk over to stand near Spock during the loop minute Spock is standing up and looking at viewscreen too.

By each character would be a small readable plaque mounted into the console areas by the characters. It would also have a subtle glow around the plaque outline. Each plaque would say the characters full name, with starfleet service record year span 22XX - 22XX written below the character name. Each plaque would have the bottom half reserved for the actor's name if we already lost them. So Spock's gold plaque would say
    Spock
    Starfleet Service
    22XX - 22XX
    In Loving Memory of
    Leonard Nimoy
    19XX - 2015

When you click on the plaques, it had a long description of that characters most memorable moments of their service in Starfleet.

Kirk's plaque would be mounted standing up on the left arm of his chair. The others would be hard mounted into the stations right next to them, and Mccoys somewhere between Uhura and the turbolift where he'd stand next to. I dont want any glowy floaty things in there. I want the plaques to blend in, very subtle glows, and the viewscreen would have memorable mission moments as a slideshow on the viewscreen. We can take our toons onto the bridge and stand next to each character to take our printscreen picture with them.

Id want the best representation of each actor's face possible. As well as Picardo was drawn, not like Seven, the animated NPCs really need to look a LOT like Shatner, Nimoy, Kelly, etc. When the actor passes away, we fill in the death year under their name on the plaque. Starfleet academy would do this in their world, now that it seems Spock is not coming back, and Star Trek and STO owe a lot to the original crew that started it all. I would think each actor would be fine with using their young faces as a memorial with the rest of their cast.

Icing on the cake would be to have Patrick Stewart read each characters biography after you clicked on the plaques, but thats likely asking too much.

Anyways, thats how Id tastefully memorialize the original crew and the actors who played them.

This is a good idea but you'd have to get sign off from CBS and rights to the actors faces unless you want the STO representations of them to look nothing like them (see: McCoy and Scotty in the missions you meet them).

It's probably not possible to pull off. I think the current memorials are great.
  • Options
    welcome2earfwelcome2earf Member Posts: 1,746 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    SO I guess it would be in bad taste to put in Ricardo Montalban at SFA? lol
    T93uSC8.jpg
  • Options
    medalionemissarymedalionemissary Member Posts: 612 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    eksell1 wrote: »
    Kellie Waymire (1967–2003)Crewman Elizabeth Cutler in the Enterprise series

Man I really liked her too... made season 1 that much better for Enterprise in the 3 eps she was in, but really now...

I knew this would happen

If you honor one, you have to honor everybody... they can't win
    Deep Space Nine in HD, make it so!
  • Options
    leethorogoodleethorogood Member Posts: 302 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    I just had a thought, the next time they update First City I so hope they include the hall of heros, complete with statues! :cool:
  • Options
    quepanquepan Member Posts: 540 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    While I agree that there are some actors that contributed to recurring roles should be at least listed in the TEXT.

Remember this is a game and alot of things happen in game that dont make real sense to the Trek universe . i think having the statues where they are is fine and the plaques are in great locations . this is for the players not really the characters to pay there respects and memorialize these great people that influenced Generations with there Talents and visions in story telling .
  • Options
    edited March 2015
    Man I really liked her too... made season 1 that much better for Enterprise in the 3 eps she was in, but really now...

I knew this would happen

If you honor one, you have to honor everybody... they can't win

Shouldn't be too hard to these names to the text list. It already includes a good mix of camera and behind-the-scenes talent. I knew this was done somewhat hastily, so there are bound to be gaps.
  • Options
    mhirtescmhirtesc Member Posts: 581 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    wanderintx wrote: »
    I noticed Carol and David Marcus were not on the list on page two of the memorial when you interact with it. (Bibi Besch 1940-1996 and Merritt Butrick 1959-1989 both left us some time back.)

Also Andreas Katsulas 1946-2006 (Actor: Tomalak)

Brock Peters 1927-2005 (Actor: Admiral Cartwright & Joseph Sisko)

Kellie Waymire 1967 - 2003 (Actor: Elizabeth Cutler in Enterprise)

Michael Piller 1948-2005 (Writer and Producer)

John Colicos 1928- 2000 (Actor: Kor in TOS and DS9)

Persis Khambatta 1948-1998 (Actor: Ilia in ST:TMP)

Also, thanks janus1975, James Doohan's quote has a "to to" in the first line. Should just be one of those.

Any others we are missing? I am talking about the longer list when you interact with the memorial and click "Continue" and not the names on the physical memorial. Please note them in this thread along with their role in Star Trek (actor, writer, etc.) and their year of birth and death.

I started a thread before I found this one, so I'll just add my two names here.

-- Merritt Butrick (David Marcus, aka Kirk's son), Actor, 1959 - 1989

-- Fred Freidburger (although I can see why he was skipped over, for obvious reasons), Producer, 1915 - 2003
  • Options
    adabisiadabisi Member Posts: 260 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    I think a simple..."too all those who have passed"...is simple enough

The more names you add the more tacky it feels to me.
    Today we fight the GAULS......monstrous and HAIRY beyond reason.
  • Options
    medalionemissarymedalionemissary Member Posts: 612 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    Geez... how about a IN Memorium patch with the regular update patches cuz they keep missing a Grip Handler who worked on one episode of Star Trek TOS while we're at it?
    Deep Space Nine in HD, make it so!