What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Crystaline Event Bugged

2»

Comments

• snipey47asnipey47a Member Posts: 485 Media Corps
    edited March 2015
    dpsloss88 wrote: »
    I log in to play the Crystal Entity Event. The only reason most people are logging on today. Surprise Surprise. The event is bugged. You only complete it about half the time when you kill an Entity, and there is only an Entity in half of the event spawns. So basically you have to do 4 of them to get one completion.

You're doing it wrong.
  • js26568js26568 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    It's bugged. They've made changes to it and not tested them, and then when the bugs were reported they've been slow to respond to it. Even though they knew there was a Crystalline Entity event coming up.

They've dropped the ball here. No doubt about it.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Free Tibet!
  • gamer940gamer940 Member Posts: 168 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    You made the mistake of thinking tor was a f2p game.

TRIBBLE advertising I agree... when you accept that TOR isn't a F2P game and just sub... its fine.

It is free-to-play though. They announced publicly that it would be going to that, and then they turned around and locked out a sizable portion of the game's functionality unless someone still subscribed. The big kicker is that they strip functionality from people who fall on hard times and have to let their subscription lapse, basically making it pointless to keep playing.
  • antoniosalieriantoniosalieri Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    gamer940 wrote: »
    It is free-to-play though. They announced publicly that it would be going to that, and then they turned around and locked out a sizable portion of the game's functionality unless someone still subscribed. The big kicker is that they strip functionality from people who fall on hard times and have to let their subscription lapse, basically making it pointless to keep playing.

Don't disagree its a terrible model. Either go F2P or don't, can't argue that. Just saying as long as you accept its a Sub only game you can have fun in TOR.

I mean its not like blizzard will let you keep logging in if you fall on hard times.

I guess I'm saying blame EA and there TRIBBLE model... not Bio and there half decent no P2W no Super grind game. Don't get me wrong TOR isn't exactly my fav game in the world.... but ya Bio simply isn't on Cryptics level of incompetent. At least if something gets bug reported 1001 times, Bio doesn't make a big event around it. lol
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Dignity and an empty sack is worth the sack.
  • mrspidey2mrspidey2 Member Posts: 959 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    I finished it on all 7 of my characters without issues, The op must be doing something wrong.

Then again, i did it on normal. If you just want the shard there is absolutely no point in doing it on advanced.
    2bnb7apx.jpg
  • battykoda0battykoda0 Member Posts: 959 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    Netmarble, DE, and Bioware.

Ah, but BioWare is an EA slave. So they don't actually make any decisions any more. :P
    Wow. There is a new KDF Science ship. I'll be!
  • vesterengvestereng Member Posts: 2,252 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    The game is TRIBBLE now but they making plenty of money.

For sure they plucking all the whales beautifully so incompetent? No.

It wouldn't be difficult to make the game better, to un-nerf the grinding, turn down upgrading costs, to add animations to game etc.

For example, they could add modifers to upgrading - but why should they, when all the jackasses are already payng them for an un-finished game?

Call it the least motivated mmo company?

Seems with the star trek fanatic whales all you gotta do is to put it up for sale and they going to buy it.

No reason to create any content when you don't have to! Or reply to your customers on your own forum
  • adabisiadabisi Member Posts: 260 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    mrspidey2 wrote: »
    I finished it on all 7 of my characters without issues, The op must be doing something wrong.

Then again, i did it on normal. If you just want the shard there is absolutely no point in doing it on advanced.

If you are doing it for the shard i would assume you are doing it for the reward and the 50k dilithium...

Man wtf kind of gibbersih is this......your comments make no sense...Why do normal when for a minimal increase in effort you can get the reward plus the extra dilithium and extra research materials...

think before you write....

I stand corrected..maybe you cannot muster the pew pew or play style to survive on advance..my bad.
    Today we fight the GAULS......monstrous and HAIRY beyond reason.
    edited March 2015
    adabisi wrote: »
    If you are doing it for the shard i would assume you are doing it for the reward and the 50k dilithium...

Man wtf kind of gibbersih is this......your comments make no sense...Why do normal when for a minimal increase in effort you can get the reward plus the extra dilithium and extra research materials...

think before you write....

I stand corrected..maybe you cannot muster the pew pew or play style to survive on advance..my bad.

His point is valid... if all you want to do is run though 10 toons and get it done to collect a shard... why bother with advanced.

And we all know its advanced that is bugged... cause Cryptic still down't have the map auto warp people out when they fail.... and when they do there to stupid to warp out.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • gonaliusgonalius Member Posts: 893 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    adabisi wrote: »

The extra time and effort is not worth the extra 3340 Dil such would generate. The extra amount is quite pathetic over a two week timeframe.
  • futurepastnowfuturepastnow Member Posts: 3,660 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    I've asked myself this question a lot since DR.
    edited March 2015
    gonalius wrote: »
    The extra time and effort is not worth the extra 3340 Dil such would generate. The extra amount is quite pathetic over a two week timeframe.

In the time saved you could run a second or third alt though and make even more.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • scrooge69scrooge69 Member Posts: 1,108 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    14 runs 13 cool 1 laggy but all were successfull
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • thatcursedwolfthatcursedwolf Member Posts: 1,617 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    Everyone should strive for perfection, even if it's a perfect failure. :P

Perfect is the enemy of good.
    This is my Risian Corvette. There are many like it, but this one is mine.
  • suzy32suzy32 Member Posts: 383 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    Cryptic need to take a step back and just fix all the bugs before they add any more new content

http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=590121
  • evilmark444evilmark444 Member Posts: 6,950 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    dpsloss88 wrote: »
    Star Wars Galaxy doesn't count. They are already out of business. You cannot count companies that have gone bust.

Who are the other 3 MMOs? Or is that against the Name and Shame Policy?

Umm, SOE still exists, they just stopped SWG, EQ and EQ2 still exist
    Lifetime Subscriber since Beta
    eaY7Xxu.png
  • millimidgetmillimidget Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    I can name at least three worst.
    Please do. I'd love to know what other developers I should be deeply suspicious of, if not outright avoid.

And don't say Funcom; at best, Cryptic and Funcom are equals.
    Umm, SOE still exists, they just stopped SWG, EQ and EQ2 still exist
    When does EQN come out? Looks like that will be the next title that will seriously generate some amount of "this game will kill [insert other MMO title]."
    suzy32 wrote: »
    Cryptic need to take a step back and just fix all the bugs before they add any more new content
    Wouldn't even help. What they need is more hardware and better optimized databases, and a new ISP.
    "Tolerance and apathy are the last virtues of a dying society." - Aristotle
  • flash525flash525 Member Posts: 5,441 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    I've ran three, the two on my FED were fine, as soon as I took my KDF into one, it had already failed. I stuck with it, did the job, rewarded with nothing. I then attempted to go again and warped into an empty map (along with a bunch of annoyed players who had also just warped into an empty map).

I would concur that it is a TRIBBLE poor job for a promotional event to be released that doesn't actually work. Cryptic need a new team of bug detectors, cause the current folk just aren't seemingly capable.
    attachment.php?attachmentid=42556&d=1518094222
  • bobbydazlersbobbydazlers Member Posts: 4,534 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    played CEA with my fed and fed/rom and all was fine but when I played CEA with my kdf I had a feeling it was wrong as the entity was there but no other enemy, destroyed the entity and no reward, replayed CE in normal mode and it was fine.

you would think they would ensure this obvious bug was gone before running the event however its hardly the end of the world it just takes a little longer then it should.

I guess the trick is if anything looks amis quit and start over asap or maybe if you find the bug is localised to the advanced version stick to normal for this event.

When I think about everything we've been through together,

maybe it's not the destination that matters, maybe it's the journey,

and if that journey takes a little longer,

so we can do something we all believe in,

I can't think of any place I'd rather be or any people I'd rather be with.

• cptjhuntercptjhunter Member Posts: 2,288 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    I reserve that honor for turbine.
  • rosetyler51rosetyler51 Member Posts: 1,631 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    Oh yeah someone else I want to add. Not really a MMO company but gods Chucklefish are bad at this whole game making thing.
  • markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,231 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    I did normal 12 times today, and didn't notice any bugs.
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg
  • mirrorchaosmirrorchaos Member Posts: 9,844 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    Already did 8 runs with 8 characters ... guess I must be lucky ...

4 with 4 yesterday a few hours after the patch and half an hour to spock statues on vulcan and NR. Qapla Spock *Raises a D'K'Tagh*.
    T6 Miranda Hero Ship FTW.
    Been around since Dec 2010 on STO and bought LTS in Apr 2013 for STO.
  • catliketypingcatliketyping Member Posts: 611
    edited March 2015
    4 runs so far... but only 1 got the Crystal Shard. The Normal run didn't get the Shard. One of the 3 Advanced runs got the Shard.

I'd really like a new torpedo for my BoPs... but if this is how it's going to go, F*** it. It's not worth it for a new gimmick.
    Nessia (KDF Sci)
    IKS Korrasami (Fleet B'rel Bird of Prey Retrofit T5-U)