test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Cryptic can we get a Spock memorial

captainransomcaptainransom Member Posts: 126 Arc User
edited March 2015 in Ten Forward
Would it be possible to get a memorial for Leonard Nimoy on Vulcan? Many fans that play STO have been going to Vulcan to pay their respects. Tastefully done obviously.

Edit: seems someone started the same request thread.
giphy.gif

"It's easy to cling to principles when you're standing on a vessel with its bulkheads intact, manned by a crew that's not starving."

Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    gulberatgulberat Member Posts: 5,505 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Whoops...I just did the same in the Art subforum.

Christian Gaming Community Fleets--Faith, Fun, and Fellowship! See the website and PM for more. :-)
    Proudly F2P.  Signature image by gulberat. Avatar image by balsavor.deviantart.com.
  • Options
    taylor1701dtaylor1701d Member Posts: 3,099 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Signed again.
    [img][/img]OD5urLn.jpg
  • Options
    ddesjardinsddesjardins Member Posts: 3,056 Media Corps
    edited February 2015
    Hard to know where to draw the line.

I'd prefer to see a memorial for all of Treks's contributors, with them mentioned by their first names. Something for everyone including Gene, James, DeForrest, Majel, Leornard etc
  • Options
    battykoda0battykoda0 Member Posts: 959 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Signed also.
    Wow. There is a new KDF Science ship. I'll be!
  • Options
    captainransomcaptainransom Member Posts: 126 Arc User
    edited February 2015

I'd prefer to see a memorial for all of Treks's contributors, with them mentioned by their first names. Something for everyone including Gene, James, DeForrest, Majel, Leornard etc

^ yes to this.
    giphy.gif

"It's easy to cling to principles when you're standing on a vessel with its bulkheads intact, manned by a crew that's not starving."

• Options
    kamenriderzero1kamenriderzero1 Member Posts: 906 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    double yes
    Everywhere I look, people are screaming about how bad Cryptic is.
    What's my position?
    That people should know what they're screaming about!
    (paraphrased from "The Newsroom)
  • Options
    lexxie1983lexxie1983 Member Posts: 80 Arc User
    edited February 2015

yes to this
    n8eym7c.jpg

click for bigger image
  • Options
    rattler2rattler2 Member, Star Trek Online Moderator Posts: 58,174 Community Moderator
    edited February 2015

I'll have to agree with this idea. Instead of individual things, have like a "Wall of Honor" or something at Starfleet Academy that can act as a memorial and can be added to.
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
  • Options
    lordakuralordakura Member Posts: 62 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    *signed* RIP Spock you will be truly missed
  • Options
    shinseialphashinseialpha Member Posts: 18 Arc User
    edited February 2015

I like this idea very much, something in the form a a memorial Garden as an additional part to the map would be good.

Perhaps a plaque for each @gethralkin suggested this on Twitter for Mr Nimoy (https://twitter.com/gethralkin/status/571408496375148544), with his last tweet.

I would also like to suggest the following two things (I know there are issues with getting permission):

1. A new ship, perhaps in the style of the Jellyfish from the Star Trek (2009) film. which will be available for purchase on the Zen store with a portion of the proceeds going to Mr Nimoy's Charity.

2. Along with the new changes to the galaxy map, perhaps one of the sectors could be named after or in honour him and those that have passed.

What do you think of these?
    =/\= Original STO (forum account) Name: Shinsei ~ Registration Date: July 2008 =/\=
  • Options
    phrgphrg Member Posts: 82 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    rattler2 wrote: »
    I'll have to agree with this idea. Instead of individual things, have like a "Wall of Honor" or something at Starfleet Academy that can act as a memorial and can be added to.

/\ Supporting this idea but would suggest a 'neutral' location.
  • Options
    roroatan79roroatan79 Member Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    I believe a statue in place of the fountain on Vulcan a more than suitable place for Spock. The memorial for all the others who have passed to be somewhere neutral. But a statue for spock on vulcan is a must.
  • Options
    bluesunshot#7246 bluesunshot Member Posts: 39 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Yes i agree. Something need to be done.
  • Options
    aiurdaeaiurdae Member Posts: 64 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    I want something on New Romulus. Like the Embassy or Command Center, except it would be a small memorial area. In Canon Spock helped make the RR possible, and was a well known unificationist. It would also be a nice touch if you could every so often see D'Tan come there. Like on a timetable.
  • Options
    cavaleriuscavalerius Member Posts: 126 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    What about a dedicated memorial planet to those laid to rest that helped in Star Trek's development, with say, a tribute lane featuring the greatest people who are no longer with us?

Planet: Memoria

Full Description:

A lush M-Class world, Jewel of the Celes Sector, and arguably all of the Quadrant.
    Claimed by the Federation during the 23rd Century, Memoria was selected as the site
    for the Federation monument to peace & exploration, but this fell through in favor
    for a shrine to the individuals of the Federation who have fought to maintain peace
    in the galaxy. During the early 24th Century, the site was amended to include other
    great figures from throughout local space, and as such, during the Klingon-Fed war
    Memoria was considered neutral territory despite being well inside Federation borders.

To date, no other planets have been discovered which rival the beauty of Memoria,
    and despite featuring no large settlements, thousands of pilgrimages are made each
    year to the planet.
    Beta Antares Shipyards advanced Starship development project.
    CLASSIFIED
    [SIGPIC]the_forseeable_future_by_jetfreak_7-d3dvsud.png
    [/SIGPIC]
    SUPPORT LOGICAL FEDERATION STARSHIP DESIGNS!
  • Options
    katee1313katee1313 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    cavalerius wrote: »
    What about a dedicated memorial planet to those laid to rest that helped in Star Trek's development, with say, a tribute lane featuring the greatest people who are no longer with us?

Planet: Memoria

Full Description:

A lush M-Class world, Jewel of the Celes Sector, and arguably all of the Quadrant.
    Claimed by the Federation during the 23rd Century, Memoria was selected as the site
    for the Federation monument to peace & exploration, but this fell through in favor
    for a shrine to the individuals of the Federation who have fought to maintain peace
    in the galaxy. During the early 24th Century, the site was amended to include other
    great figures from throughout local space, and as such, during the Klingon-Fed war
    Memoria was considered neutral territory despite being well inside Federation borders.

To date, no other planets have been discovered which rival the beauty of Memoria,
    and despite featuring no large settlements, thousands of pilgrimages are made each
    year to the planet.

definitely yes