test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Placing Console to upgrade Slot changed rank & breaks functionaliy INVESTIGATING

xelkhasxelkhas Member Posts: 64 Arc User
I was just curious about how the stats would change on a:

[Console - Tactical - Vulnerability Locator Mk XII [+PhP]]

if i would upgrade it.
So i placed it in the slot and did nothing more - just canceled it.

Now the consoles have changed in Rank from "Subadmiral II" to "Vice Admiral".

Now the really bad "part":

2 of them are still applying the crit chance and the increased damage to the ship (tested on space map) - each given about 500 damage.

The other 2 does only apply their crit chance - any damage modification is not applied. So after just placing them there, it seems damage mod is broken or they are not anymore recognized as PhP console - i am missing now about 1100 dmg on my torpedos each and don't know how to "repair" that.

Any hint? Known Bug? Why does just "looking" at it breaks them? They was really "expensive" in terms of time, dilithium and fleet marks - can't afford trashing them.

Ticket-ID is: #2,907,515.

Edit: Now the 3rd console is affected too. No damage buff. Seems a virus spreading.
Post edited by xelkhas on

Comments

• Options
    crypticfrostcrypticfrost Member Posts: 1,479 Cryptic Developer
    edited November 2014
    I was able to reproduce the change in rank, but not the loss of damage bonus. Does this still apply after the 11/20 update? If so, can you get me the character's name@handle?
    STO QA Team
  • Options
    edited November 2014
    Hi, yes it does still not work after yesterdays patch - 3 of them are not applying their damage increase, one does.

Handle is: Tela'laau@xelkhas

Tested a few seconds ago:

Without consoles cloaked damage of a Gravimetric Photon Torpedo is about 6500:

1. First still working console does result in about 7111 damage, so about 600 dmg added for the first one.
    2. All other 3 are not increasing the damage further, only crit chance.

PS: Thanks for looking into this.
  • Options
    edited December 2014
    Any news on this, still investigating? I confirmed that even with the latest patch 3 of 4 consoles are still not working like they should.
  • Options
    edited January 2015
    Bump.
    Got some news here - my ship got 4 slots, lets name them A, B, C, D and got 4 consoles 1, 2, 3, 4.
    I can put consoles 1-3 in whatever slot - damage buff is not applied.
    The 4th console does apply its damage buff, but only in Slot D. If i put console 4 in Slot A, B or C its like the other ones - no damage buff, only at the 4th slot.
    Thats really weird.

Some other notes:

I switched the Ship rom Fleet T'varo T5-U to non Fleet one - there Console 1-3 are working in Slot A, B, C - only console 4 fails in all slots.
    Switched back to the Fleet T'Varo one - same as above, only one does work - really ODD - this did all work before release of T5U stuff :-(. It's too expensive to acquire 4 new consoles and a new Fleet T'varo + T5U upgrade ... is there some progress here in fixing this?
  • Options
    edited March 2015
    Bump - still the same - any news from the investigation?
  • Options
    colonelchenchuancolonelchenchuan Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    FWIW, I had something similar happen with cannons. The stats were the same, the MX level was the same except one was listed as lower rank...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited May 2015
    *bump* Still the same - some news from the investigation?