What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Slow Server Connections?

2»

Comments

• retepeladretepelad Member Posts: 44 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    methos71 wrote: »
    Methinks the servers are dead right now.

All your base are belong to us.
  • retepeladretepelad Member Posts: 44 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    officially declare this a Cryptic Server Crash situation.

Quick! Assume crash positions!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a5QBuJla5do
  • kryptkprkryptkpr Member Posts: 16 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Two separate posts now on the same issue, some people are fine,(bro in game w/o issues) many are not. Cryptic really needs to wake up and get their TRIBBLE figured out, I play 6 online games and this is the ONLY one that I have any kind of connection issues with, even after updates/patches, after 5 years and the amount of money they steal from players with the lock box scam( yes it is a scam and the 'bonus rewards' nor the 4 lobi you 'buy' is NOT worth the cost of a key in any realm of reality) there is ABSOLUTELY NO reason why we should not have IN GAME GM's, phone support and, ohh my....STABLE SERVERS!!!. But alas we will most likely be stuck with what we have until someone who values and cares about their players take over the game
  • hevak7hevak7 Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    I have been unable to play all day since latest patch.. The launcher loads fine, and updates.. but when I hit engage it just goes to the cryptic splash screen and hangs..then fatal error, cant initialize on demand patching, idle too long.. worked fine at 2 or 3 am pacific this morning.. Nothing since update..

Play through steam and even deleted the whole game, reloaded game and downloaded the whole 10+gb patch.. same issue all day.
  • zedbrightlander1zedbrightlander1 Member Posts: 14,782 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    retepelad wrote: »
    Quick! Assume crash positions!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a5QBuJla5do

Almost perfect, but...

http://youtu.be/a5QBuJla5do?t=50s

Somebody showed me how to do that so that you can get right to the part you really want everyone to see.
    f5cc65bc8f3b91f963e328314df7c48d.jpg
    Sig? What sig? I don't see any sig.
  • zedbrightlander1zedbrightlander1 Member Posts: 14,782 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    Aaaaaaaaand now we're back to slow and crashing servers again.
    f5cc65bc8f3b91f963e328314df7c48d.jpg
    Sig? What sig? I don't see any sig.
  • gholendhorgholendhor Member Posts: 447 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    In my opinion they really need to fix this problem before the Crystalline Entity event starts.If I have to repeat that event several times a day because I get disconnected and lose out on the rewards I will be angry.They really need to have an event start with no problems,so far they haven't done that in a long time.
  • khregkhreg Member Posts: 379 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    Horrible server connection/lagging/hicupping - check.

Disconnect - check.

Yet another night of total unplayability.
  • peterconnorfirstpeterconnorfirst Member Posts: 6,225 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    gholendhor wrote: »
    In my opinion they really need to fix this problem before the Crystalline Entity event starts.If I have to repeat that event several times a day because I get disconnected and lose out on the rewards I will be angry.They really need to have an event start with no problems,so far they haven't done that in a long time.

In my experience CC events tend to make game stability issues worse. Problem is with all that complain as of late (lag, snr, kicks, crashes, mass DCs) I have no idea what “worse” is supposed to lead to this time.

I also hope Cryptic takes a look into that map b4 the event goes live. I wanted to test some minor adjustments to my builds I made for it in preparation. On one run I entered the map when the battle was already over. On the second run the entity was around but we hand neither tholian ships … nor a reward after destroying it.
    animated.gif
    Looking for a fun PvE fleet? Join us at Omega Combat Division today.
    felisean wrote: »
    teamwork to reach a goal is awesome and highly appreciated