test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Slow Server Connections?

lordatrocitieslordatrocities Member Posts: 462 Arc User
I am just wondering if any one else is having an issue with slower connections to the game server and forums. My ISP speeds are fine and my system is clean no malware or other that I can detect.

Any one else having slower speeds - hell even typing this message I am see a major lag issue.
What happened to those unique forum ranks I paid for?
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    birdforcebirdforce Member Posts: 28 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Its been bad for me since the servers came back online. Was good yesterday besides the random disconnects.
  • Options
    walligigwalligig Member Posts: 308 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Yep, well not on the forums but I just got kicked from the game and when I restarted it, it took a long time to load the launcher.

EDIT: I take that back. I can't even load the launcher now.
    sstosig2.png
  • Options
    lindalefflindaleff Member Posts: 3,734 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    I go from being disconnected every 30 minutes, to not being able to connect to the Account Server at all.
    I completed a 2-man CSE, ISE, and KASE, Optionals included. And I soloed Winter Invasion.
    My Ship Builds: USS Conqueror, HMS Victorious, HMS Concord, ISS Queen Elizabeth, Black Widow III
    Click here to view my DeviantArt.
  • Options
    jnerdy30jnerdy30 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Yeah. was laggy as hell for me on starbase 24
  • Options
    xablisxablis Member Posts: 236 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    lindaleff wrote: »
    I go from being disconnected every 30 minutes, to not being able to connect to the Account Server at all.

Same. And when I was able to get the launcher to actually load once it had a message about there being problems with the website, but normal gameplay is unaffected. LMFA, the launcher would not connect and then after closing the launcher and trying again the launcher won't even load properly.
  • Options
    crusty8maccrusty8mac Member Posts: 1,381 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Just signed on. The game is unplayable. I was finally disconnected about 10 minutes in. On to some other game.
  • Options
    khregkhreg Member Posts: 379 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    I'm just gonna call the game "Server Not Responding" because that's all I've been seeing the last ten minutes.

So yeah......donesky for tonight. Great maintenance job today, folks.
  • Options
    seaofsorrowsseaofsorrows Member Posts: 10,918 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Forums - Fine

Game - Totally unplayable
    Insert witty signature line here.
  • Options
    retepeladretepelad Member Posts: 44 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Ditto. Was okay for a few minutes and now bupkis. DC on login, dc after login, just dead.
  • Options
    lordatrocitieslordatrocities Member Posts: 462 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    It shows the server as being up. I have tied to connect via the Arc laucher and thru Steam with no joy.

I was worried, and still am, that it migh be something funky with my LAN but everything else seems to be working fine. I haven't tried to log into other games yet but will try that now. If that goes off without issue than its safe to say its possibly a server issue with STO.
    What happened to those unique forum ranks I paid for?
  • Options
    cody0893cody0893 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    i just bought 2 new ships dc's are rampid and lag is horrid
    They killed your Alt's now they want your main
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Same here. Unable to actually connect. Server times out.
  • Options
    seiberkagenekoseiberkageneko Member Posts: 55 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    I'm getting hit with massive lag spikes as well, disconnecting for upwards of five minutes at a time before I give up and just relog. Stuck on a mission now because I can't complete it in the few minute window before I lag out again.
  • Options
    zeatrexzeatrex Member Posts: 212 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    The launcher is taking forever to load it's content, so it is something on their end. The ENGAGE button doesn't even appear!
  • Options
    captainpetey001captainpetey001 Member Posts: 68 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    I've had at least one dozen "server not respondings" in the 10 minutes I was logged in. I got dq'd and now I get login server timeouts. But then again, this sort of things is expected whenever a large patch is implemented.

Ay ay ay ...
  • Options
    ungoymanungoyman Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    I was able to play part of a mission about 20 minutes ago, then lag and disconnect. Now I can't log in at all.
  • Options
    admiralkirkadmiralkirk Member Posts: 17 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Forums - Fine

Game - Totally unplayable

this really sucks
  • Options
    retepeladretepelad Member Posts: 44 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    .. Now the Launcher won't load.

STOffline again. <sigh>
  • Options
    overkilltbpoverkilltbp Member Posts: 68 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Also just started happening to me, I was on 1 toon fine and switched to another, tried to go back and got DC'd and now its not letting me hit play at all.. :(
  • Options
    ungoymanungoyman Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Launcher's sitting at "Patch" but not doing anything. *sigh*
  • Options
    protoneousprotoneous Member Posts: 3,038 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Having issues at same time as OP. Was in Fleet Alert unplayable due to rubber banding then got disconnected. Unable to get back in-game. West Coast.
  • Options
    poppafatzpoppafatz Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Just got screwed out of marks for the fifth time in borg disconnected. I don't mind being disconnected so much BEFORE I waste my time. I really hate that mission and this makes it intolerable but I still have my daily reps to feed. Why does the server say it's up?
  • Options
    kryptkprkryptkpr Member Posts: 16 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    I've had at least one dozen "server not respondings" in the 10 minutes I was logged in. I got dq'd and now I get login server timeouts. But then again, this sort of things is expected whenever a large patch is implemented.

Ay ay ay ...

This is what happens when you do not properly test your 'fixes' on a live clone before implementing them. This is the norm though, im surprised that anyone is able to be in the game at all, would be nice if they actually learned from all the time they have done this but alas that will never happen and we the players will be force to continue to suffer.
  • Options
    zedbrightlander1zedbrightlander1 Member Posts: 14,777 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Same here. Just got kicked out as I was setting up my crafting and Doff Mission stuff for the over night and

} WHAM! {

I was booted.

I feel like Fred Flintstone when he goes to puts out the cat and then the cat puts him out.

"WILMA!"

}}} BANG-BANG-BANG {{{

"WILMA!"
    f5cc65bc8f3b91f963e328314df7c48d.jpg
    Sig? What sig? I don't see any sig.
  • Options
    darkwilow13darkwilow13 Member Posts: 30 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    24ms ping

16.67 mbps download
    2.6 mbps upload

Can do anything else online I want.

Can't stay connected to the game and when I can get in lots of lag and server not responding.

They absolutely need to get their **** together and get this game to the point where people can play it for more than a half hour at a time.

I'm now referring to the game as:

Star Trek OFFLINE
  • Options
    poppafatzpoppafatz Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Yay my engage lit. Chars wont load. Still wont load. Chars loaded. Disconnected.
  • Options
    gholendhorgholendhor Member Posts: 447 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    This server instability has been a thorn in my side for a few weeks now,but since today's patch it has become much worse.Cryptic had better address this problem pronto or they might see people flee the game for other games that seem to have no problems with keeping theirs stable.They might also want to get someone to explain that they are aware of the problem and are looking into fixing it.as it stands a major issue is happening and they remain tight liped.hearing from them might ease some of the anger that is growing in their player base.
  • Options
    methos71methos71 Member Posts: 336 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Started playing around 4PM EST, earlier today. Connection was so awesome and lag-free, on top of discovering that UI lag had also been fixed, that I proverbially snorted STO like a coke fiend!

I barely ate today and was about to finish up my last business before logging out, at almost exactly 12AM EST, when I experienced the worst rubberbanding I've ever seen. Tried jogging from the ESD Caitian Security Officer back to the ESD transporter pad. Constant rubberbanding and freezes. Then timeouts. Then a disconnect right before beaming to Academy. More of the same minutes later.

Methinks the servers are dead right now.
    "Don't try to be a great man. Just be a man and let history make its own judgments." -Zefram Cochrane
    Vice-Admiral Methos Corinthian
    methos71
    screenshot_2012-03-27-13-37-23.jpg

• Options
    baeleforbaelefor Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    They really need to improve their servers. It's surprisingly awful. New Romulus is just about unplayable.