Install Arc
Options

Hard these days to find fun in Star Trek online

2»

Comments

• Options
    thatcursedwolfthatcursedwolf Member Posts: 1,617 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    "I hate the game yet I'm going to keep playing it and hang out on the game's official forums talking about how much I hate it" = cool dude

You can't be a hipster if you're not seen hating something that everyone likes.
    This is my Risian Corvette. There are many like it, but this one is mine.
  • Options
    gradiigradii Member Posts: 2,824 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    sonnikku wrote: »
    Delta Rising basically redefined the game from being a casual mmo it was to a hardcore mmo like the rest. If you're the sort of player that pushes a 70k dps build and likes running nothing but premades with other like minded players around a vent server and headsets then this is the best expansion ever. If you were a casual that liked to pug and still get a lot out of the game without a large investment however, this xpack was a big debbie downer.

People's opinion of the expansion will likely depend on which side of the fence they fall upon.

Since when? I run any STF with my non min maxed ship and do just fine. I consider DPS parsing and min maxing obsessions to be an enormous waste of time and distraction from real fun, and it applies even now.

I've been gone for 6 months but that still applies wherever I've gone so far.

"He shall be my finest warrior, this generic man who was forced upon me.
    Like a badass I shall make him look, and in the furnace of war I shall forge him.
    he shall be of iron will and steely sinew.
    In great armour I shall clad him and with the mightiest weapons he shall be armed.
    He will be untouched by plague or disease; no sickness shall blight him.
    He shall have such tactics, strategies and machines that no foe will best him in battle.
    He is my answer to cryptic logic, he is the Defender of my Romulan Crew.
    He is Tovan Khev... and he shall know no fear."
  • Options
    som3one1som3one1 Member Posts: 94 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    I used to be able to play like 40-60 hours a week before DR. Now I just barely log on. Where it used to feel like I could make a difference I now feel like I'm not even contributing. Sure I probably do, but the feeling is just gone and that is something that makes most current stuff feel pointless.

As a bonus to the general feeling of pointlessness the rewards feel like they are so worthless now that its not even worth starting the grind. Do I want it to become better? Of course I do but Cryptics vision appears to be far from what I used to find enjoyable and as such i basically no longer log on apart from RP with my fleet.

Ah well, at least GW2 doesn't suck yet.
    If you are reading this you have stopped reading my post and are now reading my signature.
  • Options
    millimidgetmillimidget Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    hypl wrote: »
    Psst.

There's a "secret" spot in the game where you can have loads of fun, totally unaffected by any updates. A few dozen players have been exploiting this secret spot like mad to have fun since season 9. The funny thing is the devs STILL have no idea this area exists. To find it can be a simple task or an extremely difficult one, depending on your mindset. One is not simply invited to the secret fun spot. Open your mind, take a good look around, and if you're lucky, you'll find it.

Maybe we'll see you there...
    Talk about the elitism...
    "Tolerance and apathy are the last virtues of a dying society." - Aristotle
  • Options
    delilahwilddelilahwild Member Posts: 63 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    I sympathize. But with all respect, the solution is not in this forum. The solution is to organize.
  • Options
    crowley875crowley875 Member Posts: 187 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    My active days are numbered on STO. I came back to this game shortly before the winter event of last december. Back then I was quite active, spend days on the game doing stuff. Now I can't even be bothered to take 2 steps before I get bored and hit the logoff button. My reasons are for the most part already outlined in earlier post of this thread.

I have a total of 3 characters on my account. 1 on level 60, 1 on 50, and 1 somewhere in the lower levels. When the XP weekend hits I might take the lower level one to 50, not sure yet. As for grinding for spec points or leveling up to 60, not going to happen.

One thing I might be happy about is when this blasted anniversary event will be over. Maybe the lag will decrease, making the game a bit more playable. It might convince me to carefully start doing my dailies again. Can't say for certain though.