test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Anniversary Event Ending Soon!

pwlaughingtrendypwlaughingtrendy Member Posts: 2,966 Arc User
Star Trek Online’s 5th Anniversary event is ending soon! Monday, March 2nd will be your last chance to earn Anniversary Qmendations for the Kobali Samsar Cruiser, play the Omega Molecule mini-game to collect Omega Particles and to earn the Kobali Uniform costume from the Dust to Dust featured episode.

Make sure to grab you Samsar, Captains!

~LaughingTrendy
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• riccardo171riccardo171 Member Posts: 1,802 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    fun fact: Presidio is longer than the Samsar, but handles way better.

Glorious Starfleet Master Race ...when it comes to ship building :cool:
  • sfc#5932 sfc Member Posts: 992 Bug Hunter
    edited February 2015
    Will the Samsar not be placed in the lobi store?
  • tinead51tinead51 Member Posts: 449 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    I'll pass, first time for everything.
  • skymagus00skymagus00 Member Posts: 140 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Quick question: what of the other Dust to Dust rewards, specifically the deflector, shield and engines? Will those being going too or will they remain available?
  • krampaskrampas Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    [Edit: Sorry; wrote too fast, my question was already answered in the blog]
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • ravenofborgravenofborg Member Posts: 81 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    What about the 5 year anniversary accolade? Is it just not going to be added?
  • sqwishedsqwished Member Posts: 1,475 Bug Hunter
    edited February 2015
    skymagus00 wrote: »
    Quick question: what of the other Dust to Dust rewards, specifically the deflector, shield and engines? Will those being going too or will they remain available?

They've already said in a previous statement that they will remain along with the ability to process the omega particle materials.
    Oh, it's not broken? We can soon fix that!

• smeeinn1tsmeeinn1t Member Posts: 618 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    sqwished wrote: »
    skymagus00 wrote: »

They've already said in a previous statement that they will remain along with the ability to process the omega particle materials.

Good news, for some reason I'm not too keen on the D2D miss and don't feel like running through it again right now, so I can pick up the last 2 pieces after the event.
    V9BQ6SM.gif
    "A human being should be able to change a diaper, plan an invasion, butcher a hog, conn a ship, design a building, write a sonnet, balance accounts, build a wall, set a bone, comfort the dying, take orders, give orders, cooperate, act alone, solve equations, analyze a new problem, pitch manure, program a computer, cook a tasty meal, fight efficiently, die gallantly. Specialization is for insects." — Lazarus Long --->Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • fatman592fatman592 Member Posts: 1,207 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Excellent, server stability should be improving soon.
  • fatman592fatman592 Member Posts: 1,207 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    All the randoms parked everywhere farming omega particles will be gone.

I'm hoping less players will translate to less load, thus less lag.

Wishful thinking I'm sure...

And I'm sure Geko thinks the reports of lag are just an error, not on their end and totally a feature of the new difficulty settings. Or something like that. I don't know, I'm just some boring guy spouting nonsense.
  • hulk108hulk108 Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Hi does dust to dust go away after the end of the anniversary?? Ty if you reply.
  • sentinel64sentinel64 Member Posts: 900 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    hulk108 wrote: »
    Hi does dust to dust go away after the end of the anniversary?? Ty if you reply.

Most likely (99%) that the mission will live on in the Storyline Arc for DR, and still have most of the rewards (seems that the uniform is being removed, but probably will resurface in Lobi Store).

The question is about where it is placed; some seem to think it will be after the Vaadwaur End-story at level 60, but it would make more sense to be part of the Kobali Prime ground story arc since the last mission in that deals with the whole Kobali bio-resqeuencing activities (and the ending is telling)

Introduction Mission

“The Kobali Front”

Level 53+

Act I

“The Cavalry” • “The Son”

Level 53+

“The Temple of my People”

Level 54+

Act II

“Data Recovery” • “Looming Shadows”

Level 55+

“Hidden Assault” • “A New Warfare”

Level 56+

Act III

“Breaking the Wall” • “With Our Last Breath” • “Our Chance for Peace”

Level 57+

Act IV (added) :D

"Dust to Dust"

Level 58+
  • farmallmfarmallm Member Posts: 4,630 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    I was hoping the costumes would stay after the event. Since I didn't finish the story. Just got far enough to get the Boff. Oh well, I usually stay in my "Faction" costumes anyways. At least my Boff still has her costume.
    Enterprise%20C_zpsrdrf3v8d.jpg

USS Casinghead NCC 92047 launched 2350
    Fleet Admiral Stowe - Dominion War Vet.
  • senatorvreenaksenatorvreenak Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Where can we find the STO 5 year celebration accolade??? :confused:
  • hulk108hulk108 Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    sentinel64 wrote: »
    Most likely (99%) that the mission will live on in the Storyline Arc for DR, and still have most of the rewards (seems that the uniform is being removed, but probably will resurface in Lobi Store).

The question is about where it is placed; some seem to think it will be after the Vaadwaur End-story at level 60, but it would make more sense to be part of the Kobali Prime ground story arc since the last mission in that deals with the whole Kobali bio-resqeuencing activities (and the ending is telling)

Introduction Mission

“The Kobali Front”

Level 53+

Act I

“The Cavalry” • “The Son”

Level 53+

“The Temple of my People”

Level 54+

Act II

“Data Recovery” • “Looming Shadows”

Level 55+

“Hidden Assault” • “A New Warfare”

Level 56+

Act III

“Breaking the Wall” • “With Our Last Breath” • “Our Chance for Peace”

Level 57+

Act IV (added) :D

"Dust to Dust"

Level 58+
    Ty you for answering my question.🙏
  • irm1963irm1963 Member Posts: 682 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    TYVM for allowing us to continue making Omega upgrades after the event ends, didn't expect that.
  • robeasomrobeasom Member Posts: 1,911 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    You can make the upgrade kits so for anyone who has a load will be worth it but hopefuly they bring them back for Summer event or something like that as not many people want to go to Risa all the time or maybe make the omega particle a weekend event so we can get them again. As for the rewards like the kobali set will remain.
    NO TO ARC
    Vice Admiral Volmack ISS Thundermole
    Brigadier General Jokag IKS Gorkan
    Centurion Kares RRW Tomalak
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • questeriusquesterius Member Posts: 8,317 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Star Trek Online’s 5th Anniversary event is ending soon! Monday, March 2nd will be your last chance to earn Anniversary Qmendations for the Kobali Samsar Cruiser, play the Omega Molecule mini-game to collect Omega Particles and to earn the Kobali Uniform costume from the Dust to Dust featured episode.

~LaughingTrendy

Finally an end to this madness. Dragged out far too long and too much lag and disconnects.

Don't wait until march 2nd, end it yesterday.
    This program, though reasonably normal at times, seems to have a strong affinity to classes belonging to the Cat 2.0 program. Questerius 2.7 will break down on occasion, resulting in garbage and nonsense messages whenever it occurs. Usually a hard reboot or pulling the plug solves the problem when that happens.
  • robeasomrobeasom Member Posts: 1,911 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    yeah this game has more bugs in it than gameplay I wish they would concentrate on bug removal rather than content removal or accolade removal
    NO TO ARC
    Vice Admiral Volmack ISS Thundermole
    Brigadier General Jokag IKS Gorkan
    Centurion Kares RRW Tomalak
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • skymagus00skymagus00 Member Posts: 140 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    sqwished wrote: »

Ah, thanks; I must have missed that one. :cool:
  • raj011raj011 Member Posts: 987 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    I need 10 days to collect the remaining Anniversary Qmendations, could you extend the the date for another week or increase the amount of Anniversary Qmendations we receive, please?
  • aot86aot86 Member Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    curious... will the new tab "special projects" be permanent or for a short period to allow you to finish up crafting together what you farmed?
  • gavinrunebladegavinruneblade Member Posts: 3,894 Arc User
    edited February 2015

~LaughingTrendy

Please put the samsar wand kobali costume in the lobi store or provide some way to keep earning them. Both are too pretty to be gone forever.

And thanks for making that costume available to all factions, armor bits that actually show colors were quite needed by Klingons.

Thanks also for making omega crafting permanent, and I do hope the mini game returns more often than once a year. It was a good one.
  • themariethemarie Member Posts: 1,055 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Glad to see it go.

I used to look forward to the anniversary events - now it's just more grind.

Year Six (if there is a Year Six) lets get back to basics -- reward the players for standing with you despite your utter lack of care. Give them something rewarding without having to CLICK ALL THE THINGS thousands of times.

Not going to happen though it is. :)
  • jimazoid2004jimazoid2004 Member Posts: 24 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Will the Omega r&d still be available to craft if you still have leftovers? or when its over, it goes away too?
  • monkeybone13monkeybone13 Member Posts: 4,640 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Will the Omega r&d still be available to craft if you still have leftovers? or when its over, it goes away too?

Yes. Cryptic has said already that the R&D projects for the Omega Particle Traces will stay for good and they are going to be placed in a separate special category instead of being in the Science category. We won't be able to get any more Omega Particle Traces once the anniversary event ends but we'll always be able to craft the items if we have leftover stuff. And of course you'll still be able to buy traces from the exchange, at least until the supply runs out. :)
  • tinead51tinead51 Member Posts: 449 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    reyan01 wrote: »
    Hate to say it, but considering it SHOULD have been a landmark anniversary, it's felt like a bit of a non-event to me, personally.

My thoughts entirely, such a shame considering alot of us have been around since the first.
  • hyplhypl Member Posts: 3,719 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Why is the uniform going away? That's...really dumb. :rolleyes:

IIRC, Temporal Ambassador still rewards you the costume pieces after first time completion. Solanae suits are still available from A Step Between Stars. What gives?
This discussion has been closed.