Install Arc
Options

Some fixes heading your way and other FYIs

13»

Comments

• Options
    cromarty1cromarty1 Member Posts: 138 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    I hope you are all enjoying STOs 5th anniversary. Our first 5 year mission is completed, and we look forward to the next 5 years.

I wanted to give you a heads up on some known issues that we are working on. Some of these were mentioned in other threads, but I wanted to repost to make sure the info got out.

Many of you were experiencing lag/rubber-banding. A quick fix was put in place for this and that issue should be largely resolved now. A permanent fix will go out next week.

There is an issue with all powers in the power tray going grey whenever you modify the tray. A fix for this is on the way by next week.

There is a known issue with the Omega mini game in Sol and a few other maps where you won’t get credit for the missions We have a fix and will get this one out as soon as possible. Until then, you can do your omega mini game on Star Fleet Academy.

We ran a fix-up on special Bridge Officers to replace old powers that a player may have deleted in the past. The fix-up works, however, if that Boff was on a station seat, its powers may be out of order and attempting to modify his powers may make things worse. If you simply unslot and reslot that BOff from his station, the problem should correct itself. A fix is on the way.

There are other issues we are also working on, but these were some top issues that several people asked about and I wanted to let you know that we were aware and were working on them.

LLAP

Al "Captain Geko" Rivera

seems lots of so called fixed or fixes are as buggy as the game it self what is going on even the bug fixes come and go im tired of it as with menny others its like those disconnects before I quite it was 5 or 6 a day at leaste and log in server still hardly warking at best its almost like thares a patching bug because it all just gets to be scramble eggs and only thing that helps is completely uninstall and reinstall to make it a tinny bit better
    and every time I see a patch note im expecting something meaningfull as the number of bugs are like cockroaches infesting the game no joke
  • Options
    sadnonmagesadnonmage Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    I've had soem PC issues and haven't played in a couple years, can anyoen tell me how long the current patch will take, I believe I patched sometime around Halloween 2014 last.....
  • Options
    scrooge69scrooge69 Member Posts: 1,108 Arc User
    edited February 2015

Many of you were experiencing lag/rubber-banding. A quick fix was put in place for this and that issue should be largely resolved now. A permanent fix will go out next week.

There is an issue with all powers in the power tray going grey whenever you modify the tray. A fix for this is on the way by next week.

if u ment the 5th of FEB with "next week" it didnt work
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    cdiakcdiak Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    scrooge69 wrote: »
    if u ment the 5th of FEB with "next week" it didnt work

I was just wondering the same thing. it's been over a week and more than one patch since this thread was started, and none of the tray issues seem to be resolved. I could care less if the icons are grey or not, I am more concerned with how unresponsive all my tray powers are. It feels like I am playing on dialup.

What did the devs do to the tray animations? Seems like all my powers are either on or off, with no activation between, and it takes a full second to show if it's been triggered or not. It means you can never tell if you need to keep mashing the button to activate the power you need to keep from dying, or if you need to mash a different button.
  • Options
    spookpwaspookpwa Member Posts: 316 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    I hope you are all enjoying STOs 5th anniversary. Our first 5 year mission is completed, and we look forward to the next 5 years.

I wanted to give you a heads up on some known issues that we are working on. Some of these were mentioned in other threads, but I wanted to repost to make sure the info got out.

Not fixed....
    We ran a fix-up on special Bridge Officers to replace old powers that a player may have deleted in the past. The fix-up works, however, if that Boff was on a station seat, its powers may be out of order and attempting to modify his powers may make things worse. If you simply unslot and reslot that BOff from his station, the problem should correct itself. A fix is on the way.

How abot a fix so that the new intel and command Boffs work properly?

And for heaven's sake put someone on the game client crash issue that started for quite a few of us. Having crashed in triple digits now since anniversary patch patience is running out.

I don't want you to take this personally but these sort of things should be fixed before patch even went live. The absurd amount of bugs introduced during anniversary patch kind of makes one come to the conclusion that that patch was not debugged when released.

I can only speculate in that you felt forced to release it since it was the beginning of anniversary, despite not being finished with it.

Edit: Having read though entire thread now, I think I should add that I really did not enjoy the sliding floors in new mission.
    Double_e23652_217093.jpg

A test server is supposed to be used to properly test patches before patching anything....
  • Options
    mcclain420mcclain420 Member Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Still TERRIBLE lag/rubber banding! Been like this for a month making the game unplayable!
    Still the problem with boffs disappearing from their stations!
    The anniversary mini game is still buggy as hell!
    I log on and try to transwarp somewhere but its on a cooldown even though I had just logged on!
    Everyday I log in some of my dilithium has mysteriously vanished!

I really used to enjoy playing this game but with the above reasons going on this long it may be time for me to invest my time/money elsewhere.
  • Options
    cptniteusercptniteuser Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Hope it all tested correctly before release. :D
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    mbaa2011mbaa2011 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Just started in the Hobus system. Still having severe issues with lagging/rubber banding. Unable to destroy anything except myself.
  • Options
    predconpredcon Member Posts: 478 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    I'm getting a lot more random CTDs since this event started. In fact, less random, and almost more like clockwork. There are no log files being generated, and if I try to log back in, I can do so with almost zero delay. I would venture to say that the "solution" to lagging/rubberbanding was to patch in a timed "crash", kicking players out of the game every so often, for the purposes of reducing server load.
  • Options
    mikoto8472mikoto8472 Member Posts: 607 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    When I open the BOFF pack containing three Delta Ops Pack BOFFs, the boff comes with all four intel powers on both space and ground.

I always like to then train that Boff, say, the Trill female eng/int one with a mixture of intel and engineering abilities. However I find myself unable to train her in any engineering moves. I do all the right things but the skill isn't learnt and the manual doesn't vanish.

Is there a known issue or fix for this? I had to buy a specialization training manual off the exchange, along with a new engineering boff then use it to hybridize him with the correct mix of moves.
  • Options
    emplehodemplehod Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    I noticed that this patch did not fix the missing SPACE abilities that should show when you look at a BOFF (no, not commissioned ones).

It also did not fix the missing icon for the KDF players for "Call Trade Freighter". It is still just a solid white box. It broke in the patch that changed the skills system.
  • Options
    magewarrior69magewarrior69 Member Posts: 54 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    As a couple of people have posted here already, there is a 1-3 second delay in the skill/power activation after you press the button to use it and on some space/ground missions it can take even longer at times, the original post here by the Dev said they have addressed this and while it is a little better sometimes, it is far from fixed!!! Also while in combat the whole trey greys out for 1-3 seconds periodically and makes it almost impossible to know if you have a skill activated or not until it is too late and those 1-3 second delays and gray outs can make the difference between killing or being killed, please fix this ASAP!!!!!
  • Options
    xeyowynnxeyowynn Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    "There is an issue with all powers in the power tray going grey whenever you modify the tray. A fix for this is on the way by next week."

Not a big deal, I can live with it.

But...

Skill icons on Ground stays greyed out, even if you are in skill range.
    Activated weapon skills in ground combat (green border around icons) are not blinking anymore.
    Both Space and Ground skills should be activated instantly on key press, but there are 1-3 secs deleay on most of the abilities. Many times you have to hold down a key to use a skill but that may doesnt works too, skills sometimes just gets on global cooldown on key press, without anything else happens.
  • Options
    starmergestarmerge Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Lag fix where? If anything it got worse.
  • Options
    zunaguliizunagulii Member Posts: 26 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    did u mean permanent without fix maybe? cause it sure as hell looks like it :mad::mad::mad:
  • Options
    tinead51tinead51 Member Posts: 449 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    I hope <snip>

LLAP

Al "Captain Geko" Rivera

Smoke and mirrors folks, smoke and mirrors.
  • Options
    flash525flash525 Member Posts: 5,441 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    flash525 wrote: »
    On January 29th, the following change was made to the Aegis Set:
      The Aegis Set pieces have had their Bind Rules updated to Bind on Equip to Account.
    • This change will affect any newly created Aegis Set gear and brings the Bind Rules in line with the other High End Crafting Gear.

As I no doubt expect you know, this change only applies to the set pieces that are crafted after the patch went into effect. The set I have, unfortunately for me (and anyone else in my situation) was acquired before the patch went live, and our expensive sets are still bound.

Can someone please look at getting this fixed?
    If someone could be so kind?
    attachment.php?attachmentid=42556&d=1518094222
  • Options
    vetteguy904vetteguy904 Member Posts: 3,886 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Sounds like i have not missed much
    sig.jpg
  • Options
    virusdancervirusdancer Member Posts: 18,687 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    starmerge wrote: »
    Lag fix where? If anything it got worse.

They've been trying to hit the submit button for the fix for weeks now...but it just ignores them clicking it. ;)
  • Options
    johnniemesojohnniemeso Member Posts: 65 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    please fix

1) direct3d fatal error
    http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=386311

for me the delta crashing splash screen causes crash when it loads

2)

delta patrol mission lag
    http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?p=21902331&posted=1#post21902331

(sorry i can't find a thread with better detail)
    some of delta patrol missions lag so badly due to graphical overload or something. some have suggested it is due to the clouds. fps so low like 1 per few seconds

these are the ones i have fumbled through without being able to see what is happening

ocampan convoy
    shivolia
    parein
    nanipia
    legira
    wyanti kroida

can't be bothered going any further with delta missions

you could allow a graphics option to have no clouds and just a black sky with a few dots for stars, like in real life space. even when i select min graphics and safe mode, clouds still show

Dust to dust trench scene is slightly laggy - it is the only ground mission which lags for me. probably too much stuff going on which can't be seen from trenches anyway
  • Options
    mackbolan01mackbolan01 Member Posts: 580 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    and having 2 copies of stun grenade in the boff training store is so damn funny i nearly filled my shorts with brown organic matter..............
  • Options
    javaman1969javaman1969 Member Posts: 298 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    Please fix bridge stations so they don't keep emptying; forcing me to reassign officers several times whenever I play.
    His methods have become unsound.
This discussion has been closed.