test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Cryptic killed the hamsters again.

Comments

• x0rphenx0rphen Member Posts: 40 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    *Does the Jedi Handwave thing* These arent the Login Servers you are looking for ;)

And dont forget, its all just a reporting error *cough*
  • smilegcb2#3786 smilegcb2 Member Posts: 110 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Ok, No Server ? No Monney for you Cryptic/PWE !

My Wallet is now blocked for your Website if you not resolve the situation ...
  • zellkarrathzellkarrath Member Posts: 182 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Crytpic tried to replace the Hamster with a Tribble to save money. Unfortunately, Tribbles don't really run on Hamster wheels. So the server promptly exploded. They are in the midst of replacing the Tribble with a Hamster again now.
  • borgx666borgx666 Member Posts: 127 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    seriously the Borg need to assimilate STO and Cryptic then maybe we will get some of that Borg perfection that this game so severely needs!!! :/
    Sto%20Final.png
  • sboslayersboslayer Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Not being funny like, but seriously. Can we have some consistency with the servers? I don't normally complain, but this has been getting worst. A bit of customer focus or a real and plausible explanation would be nice e.g. we are sorry to report were having server issues that require new kit? or something like a clear and specified reason. Would bring some understanding and good PR.

Honesty pays and would actually bring some faith in the game back.

P.S. I have enjoyed all the updates etc, but i'd like to play them :P
  • arthdaynearthdayne Member Posts: 24 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    tritan2409 wrote: »
    wow, almost managed 10 mins of play there....

10 minute uptimes is one of STO's little pleasures
  • valkriststormvalkriststorm Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Stop putting Reptilians in charge of the hamsters, dang it!
    (We all saw That Scene from V, right?)

Also: stuck at login server.
  • renner64renner64 Member Posts: 21 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    It really dosnt surprise me any more it has been like this sence around oct 2014 till now.Weekly updates running wellpast posted times and when they don't make the time we have to look in another games forms to find out why.trendy is the worst and smirks not far behind as keeping us posted and at this point they really need to clean house and fire the lot of them.
    :mad:
  • shevetshevet Member Posts: 1,667 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    borgx666 wrote: »
    seriously the Borg need to assimilate STO and Cryptic then maybe we will get some of that Borg perfection that this game so severely needs!!! :/

On the other hand, there's the final answer to the Borg threat. Get Cryptic to run their servers. Problem solved!

"Assimilation2_Timeout" :D
    8b6YIel.png?1
  • nagyervinnagyervin Member Posts: 56 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    borgx666 wrote: »

Unfortunately the Borg deemed STO and Cryptic not worthy for assimilation.
    Your Plasma Torpedo - Heavy III deals 174321 (66343) Kinetic Damage(Critical) to I.R.W. Valdore. :o
  • keepitnastykeepitnasty Member Posts: 0
    edited February 2015
    And this is why your average, casual and normally patient player is spending less money...
  • mcscarypantsmcscarypants Member Posts: 70 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Well, I managed to log in for 10 whole minutes. So TRIBBLE all this, I'm off to play a game that doesn't crash every time the devs do "maintenance". If you even believe that BS.
  • mintyfresh05mintyfresh05 Member Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Cant log in, timeout message.... lag for weeks before patch making stfs unplayable, constant DC's, 5 years and still massive tech or programmer issues.....
    I know tech issues happen from time to time but come on......its more like from time to time you can play the game properly.....
  • borgx666borgx666 Member Posts: 127 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    nagyervin wrote: »
    Unfortunately the Borg deemed STO and Cryptic not worthy for assimilation.

haha yea your absolutely right, i forgot the Borg dont assimilate unworthy speices :D
    Sto%20Final.png
  • aelfwin1aelfwin1 Member Posts: 2,896 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    meimeitoo wrote: »
    Yep, login server is down again. So much for Iconians' optimistic notion of them working on a 'more permanent' solution.

Bu they ARE working on a more permanent solution ... !

... known in some corners as "the ultimate solution" ...
  • bloodyrizbloodyriz Member Posts: 1,756 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    davideight wrote: »
    maintenance, extended maintenance, further extended maintenance - server still crashes 5minutes after playing.

cryptics people should all be fired. they just really suck at their job. in no other industry this kind of work would be tolerated.

You do realize that the vast majority of their employees have nothing whatsoever to do with the server maintenance, right?
    signature.png
    We come in peace, SHOOT TO KILL!
  • shpoksshpoks Member Posts: 6,967 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    This has become waaaay past sad and entered the realm of hillarious/pathetic.
    HQroeLu.jpg
  • mavolio121mavolio121 Member Posts: 25 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Since I'm new and not well known...yet...I could smuggle in a 15 lb New York City Sewer Rat that could run that login wheel at warp speed the feeble little Tribble was running on without even breaking a sweat.:P
  • mintyfresh05mintyfresh05 Member Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    any word at all from cryptic?
  • shandarilshandaril Member Posts: 20 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    oh dear :X i stayed off line longer today cos i thought their might be problems ... since the game was getting hella buggy befor maint started >< ...

guess the hamsters all went on strike in the end after all =X and the assmilated ones crashed =X
  • atlmyklatlmykl Member Posts: 305 Arc User1
    edited February 2015
    shpoks wrote: »
    This has become waaaay past sad and entered the realm of hillarious/pathetic.

The hamster joke was funny the first 40 times I heard it back in the days of ******** in 2004. 11 years later its not funny or witty.
  • davideightdavideight Member Posts: 460 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    bloodyriz wrote: »
    You do realize that the vast majority of their employees have nothing whatsoever to do with the server maintenance, right?

looking at the current state of the game, their communication, coding, maintenance, server stability, marketing and management -

they all should be replaced. i cant even think of ONE employee thats doing his job in a half way fulfilling manner.

i mean: maintenance extended - when did we learn about it? 2hrs AFTER the first maintenance window expired.

how often did we read "fixed loadout bug" and its still there.

how often did they nerf dilithium and stfs just for the sake of marketing "milking customers"

i could go on for 100 further lines of examples. but im tired about talking in detail.

i can only say, if this game shuts down ever, it will be a major relief, so someone else might create a startrek game again.
  • kodachikunokodachikuno Member Posts: 6,020 Arc User1
    edited February 2015
    any word at all from cryptic?

actually they were pretty quick on it
    tumblr_mr1jc2hq2T1rzu2xzo1_400.gif
    tacofangs wrote: »
    STO isn't canon, and neither are any of the books.
  • peterconnorfirstpeterconnorfirst Member Posts: 6,225 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    ......its more like from time to time you can play the game properly.....

Well yea. Prety much thats how it is for the past weeks. :confused:
    animated.gif
    Looking for a fun PvE fleet? Join us at Omega Combat Division today.
    felisean wrote: »
    teamwork to reach a goal is awesome and highly appreciated
  • azhrarn010azhrarn010 Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    They should contact CCP about their genetically enhanced hamsters. :P
    These servers could probably benefit from their increased toughness.

EVE Downtime generally doesn't last more than 30 minutes (it's often as little as 10 minutes), and while the servers might be a bit shaky after an expansion launch, at least they'll be up for the most part.

I managed to log in for 5-10 minutes, then it all exploded again. It's 21:30 here, my time is quite limited. I'd like to send out a full set of Doffs at the very least before heading off to bed. :D
  • czertik123czertik123 Member Posts: 1,122 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    bloodyriz wrote: »

well, but they HAVE emploes resposible for peridocal server dissaster right ? so in fact is si miracle that everthing is ok, and these guys should be fired, minimaly. im sure some wish them way less fortunate events.
    I REALY REALY didnt finded worse mmo game when it is related to game/server stability.
  • abby64abby64 Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Ever since the start of the current event nothing has worked right.No Q-mendation,having them taken away,getting no Kabali ship & now not even able to log in,not happy.If i was not a lifetimer i would walk away.
  • czertik123czertik123 Member Posts: 1,122 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    mavolio121 wrote: »
    Since I'm new and not well known...yet...I could smuggle in a 15 lb New York City Sewer Rat that could run that login wheel at warp speed the feeble little Tribble was running on without even breaking a sweat.:P

pls, do it, it is onlyest chance for us to play game.
  • aelfwin1aelfwin1 Member Posts: 2,896 Arc User
    edited February 2015

Must have happened while Smirk was still on the clock ... .
  • bloodyrizbloodyriz Member Posts: 1,756 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    davideight wrote: »
    looking at the current state of the game, their communication, coding, maintenance, server stability, marketing and management -

they all should be replaced. i cant even think of ONE employee thats doing his job in a half way fulfilling manner.

i mean: maintenance extended - when did we learn about it? 2hrs AFTER the first maintenance window expired.

how often did we read "fixed loadout bug" and its still there.

how often did they nerf dilithium and stfs just for the sake of marketing "milking customers"

i could go on for 100 further lines of examples. but im tired about talking in detail.

i can only say, if this game shuts down ever, it will be a major relief, so someone else might create a startrek game again.

There are quite a few in the art department (off the top of my head) that are doing a bang up job, AND engaging in fruitful communication with their customers.

I can understand the frustration, I wanna play too, but seriously, IT'S A GAME! I am sure you have others on your system you can play in the meantime, and if you hate it so much, cast your vote, and leave the metrics completely.
    signature.png
    We come in peace, SHOOT TO KILL!