test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Why am I crashing in DX9 now?

synfoolasynfoola Member Posts: 156 Arc User
edited February 2015 in Graphical and Sound Issues
Never crashed during battles in either DX 11 or DX 9 pre-anniversary patch. I only switched back to DX 9 because you can't be bothered to fix your DX 11 client crashes in Sector Space.

Now I'm randomly crashing in the Undine Space Battle zone during battles.

Comp and vid card drivers all up-to-date.
Post edited by synfoola on

Comments

• Options
    overkilltbpoverkilltbp Member Posts: 68 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    I'm making a post here in this one because its most recent but the only time I've been crashing is alwasy in sector space, doesn't matter what zone of space it is, and it crashes at random intervails, like I can fly for 30mins without a crash and then only 2mins and crash.

And I don't even see and option for what DX Verson the game is running in, but I have 2 480GTX's in SLI all max settings, Game is beauitful,,, but and as much as mabye others are crashing in battles or something, why does mine crash in sector space? Just don't get it.

I'd think that maybe being all the ships there in sector space theres gotta be a memory leak or something, but thats just guessing. It if happens again tonight which I'm sure it will I'm remember to see the trouble ticket log or what not.
  • Options
    overkilltbpoverkilltbp Member Posts: 68 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    35340467 lastest ticket number.
  • Options
    cosmos913967cosmos913967 Member Posts: 16 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    This needs to be fixed.
  • Options
    cylphielcylphiel Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Yay, another post about this issue that will be completely ignored because they couldn't care less. It's absolutely insane that we should have to play an updated game in DX9 mode. This isn't 2006. Why are we forced to use an ancient technology as a workaround?

Why am I able to go into a certain mission in a certain new-ish storyline and manage to find an exploit, a game-breaking bug, and a new place for a CTD all in under an hour? Because obviously no one around here gives a TRIBBLE.
  • Options
    synfoolasynfoola Member Posts: 156 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Honestly, that's all that this game has become...workarounds. And now we're even running out of workarounds.

These bugs have been around forever and have only gotten worse since the anniversary patch. I've said this before...none of the shiny new ships or even the content matters if you crash on the way to your content, crash during the content, or are stuck redoing your freaking loadout while others have to finish your content for you.

It's ridiculous that a system that can run much more graphic intense games with no problem has to roll the dice every time this game is loaded.
  • Options
    crimsonlenacrimsonlena Member Posts: 58 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    I've been getting this too since the anniversary patch. Never crashed in battles before no matter how big, now its happening all the time, even in ground battles.
  • Options
    spectpspectp Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    I've been crashing to desktop or the game just hangs repeatedly at random spots. I have an XFX290 graphics card running DX11 on Windows 7-64. I tried changing the drivers and checking the hardware and stress testing the my system but STO and Neverwinter still crash at random spots. What did fix it for me was to set the lighting option to LOW. After that.. no crashes at all. It's a repeatable problem.
  • Options
    peterconnorfirstpeterconnorfirst Member Posts: 6,225 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    I've been getting this too since the anniversary patch. Never crashed in battles before no matter how big, now its happening all the time, even in ground battles.

Exactly the same here. Started with the ani patch.
    animated.gif
    Looking for a fun PvE fleet? Join us at Omega Combat Division today.
    felisean wrote: »
    teamwork to reach a goal is awesome and highly appreciated