test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

IF you had to remove ONE ship from your ship slots?

tucana66tucana66 Member Posts: 710 Arc User
With the addition of new T6 ships this month, I've seen a few comments from players wanting more ship slots added to the game. For some, there's a limit of ship slots available for purchase; some have maxxed out their ship slots; and for others, they have their own reasons or complaints.

So, here's an odd question...

If you had to remove ONE ship that you have slotted, which one would it be?

For me:
* any of my Mirror ships (FED, KDF or ROM) since they cannot be upgraded to T5-U.
* FED: Deep Space Science Vessel (since I don't have the fleet version, and this version isn't T5-U upgradeable either)
* FED: Chimera Heavy Destroyer (just not impressed with this ship)
* KDF: Bortasqu'
* ROM: Dhelan Warbird

How about you?
Post edited by tucana66 on

Comments

• Options
    revandarklighterrevandarklighter Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    I would dismiss any ship that can be reclaimed unless I use it frequently.
    If that's not enough any mirror ship since they are easy to reobtain.
    After that any ship that can't be upgraded starting with the one with the least sentimental value....
  • Options
    jonsillsjonsills Member Posts: 10,365 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Any of the ships a particular toon has outleveled are up for grabs. What in Gre'thor is my Vice Admiral going to do with a Miranda?
    Lorna-Wing-sig.png
  • Options
    edited February 2015
    jonsills wrote: »
    Any of the ships a particular toon has outleveled are up for grabs. What in Gre'thor is my Vice Admiral going to do with a Miranda?

Actually I still have my very first Miranda arround....nostalgia. But that's only on one character. After all that thing was created about 2 minutes after this game went live. :)
  • Options
    jarvisandalfredjarvisandalfred Member Posts: 1,549 Bug Hunter
    edited February 2015
    jonsills wrote: »
    What in Gre'thor is my Vice Admiral going to do with a Miranda?

A T1 STF. That's why I tend to discharge my T2/3/4 ships while leveling, but that first one stays.
    SCM - Crystal C. (S) - [00:12] DMG(DPS) - @jarvisandalfred: 8.63M(713.16K) - Fed Sci

SCM - Hive (S) - [02:31] DMG(DPS) - @jarvisandalfred: 30.62M(204.66K) - Fed Sci

Tacs are overrated.

Game's best wiki

Build questions? Look here!
  • Options
    edited February 2015
    A T1 STF. That's why I tend to discharge my T2/3/4 ships while leveling, but that first one stays.

For that I have an nx and Connie and that bop.... They can be reclaimed at will for t1 stfs or
    Pvp
  • Options
    ccarmichael07ccarmichael07 Member Posts: 755 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Galaxy Class.

Most underpowered and worthless ship in the game.

But, since I don't fly one, it's not a problem I have.

"You shoot him, I shoot you, I leave both your bodies here and go out for a late night snack.
    I'm thinking maybe pancakes." ~ John Casey
  • Options
    ashstorm1ashstorm1 Member Posts: 679 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Definitely the Risian Corvette. As it turns out, i never used it a single time since i have it.
  • Options
    dgdolphdgdolph Member Posts: 592 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    I'd delete all T6 ships if I had any...they are just broken and op and therefore not worth buying/using.

T4 was still the best in terms of balance.
  • Options
    edited February 2015
    dgdolph wrote: »
    I'd delete all T6 ships if I had any...they are just broken and op and therefore not worth buying/using.

I like that attitude ^^
  • Options
    he11bladehe11blade Member Posts: 98 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    I'm one of those folks asking for the ability to have more ships (see my link below, in my signature). Adding ship slots for purchase sounds difficult, according to Charles Gray, Lead Content Designer, so I am rallying support to either:

a) Make all ships reclaimable (not just C-store purchases), or
    b) Add the ability to rebox ships we've unpacked

Cryptic is eventually going to see a loss in revenue with regards to ship and lock box key sales. Dozens of new ships are added to the game every year. Eventually, you max out the number you can own. At that point, you either have to give up ships forever or stop buying them. Since the big prize in lock boxes is a ship, there's less need for keys. There's also less desire to participate in events since they also offer a ship as the big reward.

Before anyone says "just get rid of some ships", bear in mind that lock box, lobi, event and fleet ships are not reclaimable. Many of us don't want to permanently lose a ship we've invested money in or worked to earn.

So, let ys discharge ships to keep personal fleets manageable. Then, let us reclaim them, as needed, when we want to play them. They can do it for C-store ships so they should be able to do it for all of them! :D
    f86cqFw.png
  • Options
    generalmocogeneralmoco Member Posts: 1,634
    edited February 2015
    If I had to remove one ship from my list it would be all my T6 and T5U and my T5.5....

I'll stick to a Miranda full of Mark 14 epic beams
  • Options
    farmallmfarmallm Member Posts: 4,630 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Hard choice for me.

Fed - I might let the Mirror Heavy Cruiser go. Since I'm out of space. I would love to kept my Connie Refit. But I had to let it go a while back.

KDF - I might let the Obelisk Carrier go. Since I don't use it on this character. And I have the Breen carrier instead.

Romulan - I still have a couple lower Ts to let go.
    Enterprise%20C_zpsrdrf3v8d.jpg

USS Casinghead NCC 92047 launched 2350
    Fleet Admiral Stowe - Dominion War Vet.
  • Options
    lordvalecortezlordvalecortez Member Posts: 479 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    I recently ditched the Risian Corvette and Obelisk Carrier (free version). I never even flew those things...
    Cheers from Antonio Valerio Cortez III, Half-Celestial Archduke of the Free Marches Confederacy.
  • Options
    nimbullnimbull Member Posts: 1,564 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Zombie ship most likely after I level it. Command cruisers are just meh. Unless of course they gave it an ability to eat starship brains (bridges) by grabbing a ship and opening the front of mine to munch on the enemy bridge.
    Green people don't have to be.... little.
  • Options
    alcyoneserenealcyoneserene Member Posts: 2,412 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Sad to hear about Risian Corvettes being sent to the ship graveyard. I actually look forward to getting one from the Risa event as it's the one thing I missed out on while grinding for an Odyssey, and all the other awesome goodies.

I dismiss most of the other free ships while leveling up, except some BoPs and the intrepid because nostalgia from the show and Pathfinder. Sovereign might be next in line, as the Regent looks so much better and I still see others flying it now and then, though the ship looks real fine in Nemesis, and its interior is my favorite from all of what feds got to offer to a uhh mirror insurgent.
    Y945Yzx.jpg
    Devs: Provide the option to Turn OFF full screen flashes from enemy ship explosions
    · ♥ · ◦.¸¸. ◦'¯`·. (Ɏ) V A N U _ S O V E R E I G N T Y (Ɏ) .·´¯'◦.¸¸. ◦ · ♡ ·
    «» \▼/ T E R R A N ¦ R E P U B L I C \▼/ «»
    ﴾﴿ ₪ṩ ||| N A N I T E S Y S T E M S : B L A C K | O P S ||| ₪ṩ ﴾﴿
  • Options
    jagdhippiesjagdhippies Member Posts: 676 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    My shuttle is the first to go... again.

I actually didn't unpack my kobali cruiser because I am low on slots and all of my current ships are either in use or required FSMs.
    My carrier is more powerful than your gal-dread
  • Options
    jonsillsjonsills Member Posts: 10,365 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    My shuttle is the first to go... again.

I actually didn't unpack my kobali cruiser because I am low on slots and all of my current ships are either in use or required FSMs.
    Required Flying Spaghetti Monsters??

My main is currently in command of USS George Romero. My Tac, whose ships are all named for military leaders from Earth history, commands USS Vlad Tepes. My KDF-Rom is still a Subcommander, but when she hits Subadmiral she'll be unpacking the RRW Virinat's Revenge (she's still a little touchy about that whole Elachi invasion thing).

Half the fun of getting a specialized ship is figuring out the proper name! (Like the Ferengi on my emergency backup accoung; he unlocked a Risian cruiser, the RXS Latinum Princess, during the last summer event, but now owns the USS Lestat.)

Now, on my main I have had to open up a slot a couple of times, but the ships I dismissed are both low-level and reclaimable in a pinch...
    Lorna-Wing-sig.png
  • Options
    iconiansiconians Member Posts: 6,987 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    I would probably dismiss a great portion of my Fleet ships, if I'd known they would have been displaced by T6 ships. I originally purchased them out of nostalgia and appreciation for the early-game vessels which seems like it was a lifetime ago.

However, in their present state of being hangar queens they simply remind me not of how much fun I had years ago when I was first playing the game (and now able to take them out for a spin in the end game and still be competitive and viable), but they remind me of the highly questionable ethical monetization practices Cryptic has made their current policy.
    ExtxpTp.jpg
  • Options
    shinnok918shinnok918 Member Posts: 312 Arc User
    edited February 2015

aww he wants just the sucky free ships.....

sorry i like the t5's and my t6 faeht is a work of art.
  • Options
    scififan78scififan78 Member Posts: 1,383 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    reyan01 wrote: »
    Well, I am an idiot.

Removed a ship from my ship slot earlier (tac version of the new command cruiser - discharged it to swap to the sci version). Sadly, had a number of items on the ship I discharged that I forgot to remove - rep items, MkXIV items. And can't access them now. If I select a ship that had said items in it's loadout, it says those items are equipped on another ship - presumably the one I discharged.

Feel like such a fool - should have just increased the number of ship slots I have :(

Ouch, I feel for ya man. Seriously, much sympathy to you.
  • Options
    seriousdaveseriousdave Member Posts: 2,777 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    I usually kick most low tier ships once I outlevel them, also reclaimable store-ships I don't use tend to make a quick leave. Not gonna buy slots for stuff I never use and could always reclaim.

Though some toons are pretty decked out with those non reclaimable event ships. Simply can't bring myself to scrap them.
  • Options
    berginsbergins Member Posts: 3,453 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Well, I am an idiot.

Removed a ship from my ship slot earlier (tac version of the new command cruiser - discharged it to swap to the sci version). Sadly, had a number of items on the ship I discharged that I forgot to remove - rep items, MkXIV items. And can't access them now. If I select a ship that had said items in it's loadout, it says those items are equipped on another ship - presumably the one I discharged.

Feel like such a fool - should have just increased the number of ship slots I have :(

Ugh. Ouch. Sorry to hear that.

It does bring me back to my initial thought when I read the OP: Part of my decision making process would have to include remembering that each of my ships in storage is holding a bunch of gear in storage.
    "Logic is a little tweeting bird chirping in a meadow. Logic is a wreath of pretty flowers which smell BAD." - Spock
  • Options
    mustrumridcully0mustrumridcully0 Member Posts: 12,963 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Mirror Ships, lower tier ships, and then any ship I could reclaim.

But don't forget to remove special consoles. Unless they are ship-bound, like the Nebula's tachyon detection grid console. (The "other" Tachyon console works ,but not the one that extends to other ships.)
    Well, I am an idiot.

Remember, kids, to learn of the mistakes other people make, because you never have enough time to make the mistakes all by yourself. ;)
    Star Trek Online Advancement: You start with lowbie gear, you end with Lobi gear.
  • Options
    riccardo171riccardo171 Member Posts: 1,802 Arc User
    edited February 2015

Not really. Some T6 are nice and not overpowered, like the Intrepid. It has nothing OP compared to some T5U vessels, the new command ships are really nice as well and very balanced.

Cmdr Intel needs a hell of a nerf.
  • Options
    decroniadecronia Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Well, this 'experience' has discouraged me sufficently that I doubt I'll be logging in again any time soon. To lose so many items via one stupid little mistake, that the Devs could resolve if they really wanted to (heck, the items still appear - I just can't equip them), is a little too much.

As much as I sympathise you do have responsibility here too. To say the devs could fix it when you could just remove the items is a case of passing the blame. Don't get me wrong I have done it myself so I am not saying I have never been there in this and other games, I just realise it was my own carelessness and get on with it. I don't expect the devs of those games to account for this when the tools are there for me to use.
  • Options
    seriousdaveseriousdave Member Posts: 2,777 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Not really. Some T6 are nice and not overpowered, like the Intrepid. It has nothing OP compared to some T5U vessels, the new command ships are really nice as well and very balanced.

Cmdr Intel needs a hell of a nerf.

I wouldn't say "overpowerd" but "unbalanced" along with the rest of the game. People still achive 100k+ dps without the high intel stuff. The whole frigging game would need some great rebalance to work properly again.

But cryptic always seeks to do it the easy(lazy) way. Inflate npc hp to infinity and give people expensive new toys to shorten the time to blow the npcs up. Intel was just the latest addition to that scheme. Command is focused on team play and we already read negative feedback about it here and there because they don't get crazy dps with their new toys.

I'm pretty sure the next spec will be some high dps stuff again that will even overshadow the intel spec and probaly will drive lead dps to 200k+ or TRIBBLE like that.
  • Options
    mustrumridcully0mustrumridcully0 Member Posts: 12,963 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Agreed. But it is indicative of a VERY poor system that you are not reminded that you have loads of equipment attached to the ship in question.

Conisdering that the game repeatedly asks questions like "Do you really want to beam up?" or "Do you really want to warp to the next sector?" I find it odd they DON'T give you a "Do you really want to delete not only your ship but it's equipment" prompt as a reminder. It just seems far too easy, and seemingly completely unforgivable, to make such a mistake. It feels like "never mind how much time/money you spent on those items - you made a stupid mistake and should be punnished!"

And as I said, it wouldn't be quite so bad if not for the fact that attempting to equip a loadout that used those items they DO appear - but they're greyed out, and when floating over them with the mouse the text 'these items are equipped on another ship' appears.

So yes - I made a stupid mistake, I know that. But the point remains that one of the reasons that the Devs don't fix such issues is likely that players might try and pull a fast one and claim that the items lost were all MkXIV Epic, whereas they can SEE the items I lost - the evidence is still there.

There is a safety check already for dismissing the whole ship - you have to type out the ships (or bridge officers) full name. That is already there to stop you from doing something unintentionally and without second thoughts.
    Star Trek Online Advancement: You start with lowbie gear, you end with Lobi gear.
  • Options
    meimeitoomeimeitoo Member Posts: 12,594 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    I will not remove any ship, whatsoever, for whatever reason, until they fix the age-old bug where discharging a ship screws up each and every loadout on the ships you commissioned prior to discharging the one in question.
    3lsZz0w.jpg
  • Options
    meimeitoomeimeitoo Member Posts: 12,594 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Well, my own stupid fault - I know that. And whilst I have submitted a ticket, I'm pretty sure that nothing will come of it.

Again - I FULLY release that it's my own stupid fault; BUT it is a pity that they're not retrivable - they still appear, in a fashion, when I try switching to a loadout on any ship that used those items, but they can't be equipped.

Ouch. Yeah, I fear those items will be permanently gone. :(

Simple Ship Discharge leaps to mind, auto-unloading everyhing upon discharge.
    3lsZz0w.jpg