Install Arc
Options

New Federation Ships

2»

Comments

• Options
    solarwraithsolarwraith Member Posts: 188 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    The klingon ship will be ugly, but they will come with ship traits that will effectively increase outgoing DPS for the team by 200%.

Feds will get manoeuvrability bonuses of 5%, and a +25% bonus to forum whining. This will later get a nerf after a 2-page post by CaptainGecko, describing that it's not working as intended.

And the Romulan set will get 'Best New Ship in Class' Awards by JD Powers & Associates, and will be featured in Architectural Digest. They will have a 3/3/3/3 weapons layout with integral 360 degree 'Plasma Torpedo Cascade' and point defense hardpoints. The class will be called 'Jupiter Ascending' strictly to TRIBBLE off the Feds, and will of course come with an Advanced Battle cloak.

Heh, nicely played.
  • Options
    captaintrueheartcaptaintrueheart Member Posts: 296 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Is it just me or do the fed ships all look like they'll be some time of carrier?? I'm not sure what's up with their tail ends...

I was hoping for a T6 Assault Cruiser or some other T6 iconic ship other than whatever they're calling the new Intrepid class. :(
    =/\= ================================= =/\=
    Captain Ariel Trueheart Department of Temporal Investigations
    U.S.S. Valkyrie - NCC 991701
    =/\= ================================= =/\=
  • Options
    proteus22proteus22 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    i am going to wait to buy them after they fix ui nothing i hate more that a ship i bought with a cool consile power that i can't use because it won't fire because of ui problems. the feds here are my predictions they are designed to be mva capable the science one i believe will have a drone or auzilliary ship on back of tail section and am hoping the tac comes with a phaser torus
  • Options
    drkfrontiersdrkfrontiers Member Posts: 2,477 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    If these are the last KDF ships we can hope to see... I'm somewhat disappointed. Esp. considering HOW LONG we have waited.
  • Options
    mustrumridcully0mustrumridcully0 Member Posts: 12,963 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    If these are the last KDF ships we can hope to see... I'm somewhat disappointed. Esp. considering HOW LONG we have waited.

While I have mostly given up hope... If this is a flagship continuation and the parts with the Bortas are interchangeable...

Ah, who am I kidding. That's probably not what will happen.
    Star Trek Online Advancement: You start with lowbie gear, you end with Lobi gear.
  • Options
    hyperionx09hyperionx09 Member Posts: 1,709 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    So the Bortasqu was nice-looking but useless, and these new KDF Command ships are bland-looking but potentially useful.

Would they sell enough to make Cryptic reconsider? Or will it be a repeat of the Bortasqu fiasco (which IIRC, resulted in a long drought of no KDF ships)?
  • Options
    themetalstickmanthemetalstickman Member Posts: 1,010 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    The Romulan ships look amazing as always. Unfortunately, the KDF ships are too blocky for Minecraft. Seriously, they're awful.

The Fed ships I am not sure. Two of them look like the lovechild of a Prometheus (which I love) and an Oberth. The third one looks like an Olympic and an Oberth (both of which I hate). I think with a little mixing and matching they might look pretty good.

The real question is, is this their final form? The wishful thinker in me is hoping the Klingon ships are just unfinished, but considering the unholy Cochrane and Envoy classes, that is probably not the case.
    Og12TbC.jpg

Your father was captain of a starship for twelve minutes. He saved 800 lives, including your mother's, and yours.

I dare you to do better.
  • Options
    azniadeetazniadeet Member Posts: 1,871 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    They look nice. Back to Trek.

Nice job art team. Kudos.
  • Options
    rekurzionrekurzion Member Posts: 697 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    rather than design your own ship how about fan votes?
  • Options
    reginamala78reginamala78 Member Posts: 4,593 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Heh, full T6 ships, plus the Insipidation mechanic, plus even a hangar thrown on too huh? Oh brother. :rolleyes:
  • Options
    khan5000khan5000 Member Posts: 3,007 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    grrrr and I just bought the Guardian
    Your pain runs deep.
    Let us explore it... together. Each man hides a secret pain. It must be exposed and reckoned with. It must be dragged from the darkness and forced into the light. Share your pain. Share your pain with me... and gain strength from the sharing.
  • Options
    hyperionx09hyperionx09 Member Posts: 1,709 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Eh, the Guardian is still solid having a strong tanking capability with its console and access to OsS 1 and 2.

Anyway, I will definitely buy the Mega Bundle. 9 ships for the price of 6? YES PLEASE.

Even though I'm not likely to get my KDF alts up sufficiently to use them.

http://www.arcgames.com/en/games/star-trek-online/news/detail/9066073-tier-6-command-ships
  • Options
    jexsamxjexsamx Member Posts: 2,802 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    It wouldn't be a problem if many Trekkies didn't act like a bunch of grognards all of the time. :rolleyes:

inorite

The Fuzzyprise won the popular vote, which means more people were grognards about the Odyssey than the Fuzzyprise!

People are only so resistant to it because it's actually original. I think it's gorgeous - not the most beautiful starship ever produced, but it has more positive qualities and is more recognizably Federation than some canon ships - Sabre, Freedom, Akira, etc. It's not even that different in terms of design from the typical cruiser, it's just got pylons in an unusual place.

But Trek fans are well known for behaving like this when confronted with anything new or different.
  • Options
    khan5000khan5000 Member Posts: 3,007 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Eh, the Guardian is still solid having a strong tanking capability with its console and access to OsS 1 and 2.

Anyway, I will definitely buy the Mega Bundle. 9 ships for the price of 6? YES PLEASE.

Even though I'm not likely to get my KDF alts up sufficiently to use them.

http://www.arcgames.com/en/games/star-trek-online/news/detail/9066073-tier-6-command-ships

It is a solid ship...I do like the new ships though
    Your pain runs deep.
    Let us explore it... together. Each man hides a secret pain. It must be exposed and reckoned with. It must be dragged from the darkness and forced into the light. Share your pain. Share your pain with me... and gain strength from the sharing.
  • Options
    tritan2409tritan2409 Member Posts: 101 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    The fed ship with the pointer "saucer" section looks very similer to the Aegis class from the Star trek Armada games.

Would like to see more angles of all of these prior to release.
  • Options
    decroniadecronia Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    jexsamx wrote: »
    inorite

The Fuzzyprise won the popular vote, which means more people were grognards about the Odyssey than the Fuzzyprise!

People are only so resistant to it because it's actually original. I think it's gorgeous - not the most beautiful starship ever produced, but it has more positive qualities and is more recognizably Federation than some canon ships - Sabre, Freedom, Akira, etc. It's not even that different in terms of design from the typical cruiser, it's just got pylons in an unusual place.

But Trek fans are well known for behaving like this when confronted with anything new or different.

That's right people don't like it because it is original, though it looks a tad derivative to me. It has nothing to do with not liking it because they may find it ugly. Personally I do not like the look of it. It is not on the ame level of ugliness as the Fed intel ships are to me, but it is not sometyhing I will be jumping for, until I see it in game as it could just be the pic that I don't like and I may like it in the round.

Notice I am keeping this to me and not extending it as a whole other than to counter you. why? Because it is only my opinion on the looks as yours is yours. I can't claim to speak for "people".
  • Options
    aelogriaaelogria Member Posts: 65 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    ltminns wrote: »
    On Twitter:

Star Trek Online retweeted
    Swallrus_Art ‏@Swall_dev 52m52 minutes ago
    @trekonlinegame @Salami_Inferno @CaptainGeko New Federation Ships are on the way check back tomorrow!

Hopefully this is the first of three including: "New KDF Ships are on their way" and "New Romulan Ships are on their way"

Klingons need love too. I wonder if they realize why the KDF side doesnt have that many players is the lack of love and choices and things to do. Its like a side quest.

I just wish there was a T6 science ship. You have pleanty of choices. Except a Scienceish ship and/or a T6 Bird of Prey. So my science Klingon is stuck in the Breen Carrier to get Gravity Well out there.

@Desdecardo since 2008.
  • Options
    decroniadecronia Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    edalgo wrote: »
    Another 5 or 6000 Zen pack I won't be purchasing.

6k each three pack or 12k for all nine. I might be interested, but I am holding out for carriers myself. They could work under engineering.
  • Options
    willamsheridanwillamsheridan Member Posts: 1,189 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    i am a bit disappointed that the Fed cruisers only have the attract fire and shield frequency modulation Cruiser commands. i think those two are the least used commands of all 4. Weapons systems efficiency would be great to reduce energy drain.
  • Options
    woodwhitywoodwhity Member Posts: 2,636 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    They are releasing tanks. I doubt those can outperform the Ody in either dps or tanking. Which makes them TRIBBLE from the beginning. Like most of the recent additions.