test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Unable to train Delta Pack Boffs. *and more*

fataiityx3fataiityx3 Member Posts: 22 Arc User
edited February 2015 in PC Gameplay Bug Reports
My Intel / Tac officer on my Fed lost her Commander skill slot, while already max rank, it just disappeared. I could not do anything to bring it back, so I kicked her from the roster and claimed a new set. This fixed the issue of having only 3 skill slots at max rank, but then I noticed a new bug.

I can train all my Bridge officers except the Delta Pack Boffs and Mission Boff / Intel Sci.

For example, I made a Avoid target lock III training booklet, yet the skill does not even appear on the possible skill train list.

Even booklets bought from the trainer do not work, I tried to load her up with TT1, and I couldn't train it, even though "Learn" was clickable, even telling me how much it would cost. I then tried to train some of my backup non-intel boffs and it worked just fine.

I don't have time to test teaching skills on every single boff, but as of right now, my newly claimed Intel / Tac cannot use anything but the default, being unable to learn anything at all.

I'm sure this bug carried over to my other characters as well. Nothing more fun then coming home from work and loading into slide-show ESD and then a ship with all reset bars and no way to return it to normal. :(
Post edited by fataiityx3 on

Comments

• Options
    entrancedandrewentrancedandrew Member Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Having the exact same problem. It's breaking my builds currently so I am eagerly waiting for this to be fixed.
  • Options
    admiraldunwalladmiraldunwall Member Posts: 57 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    I'm unable to even CLAIM my intel boffs now...

I keep getting a message claiming that I already have a intel boff in my crew, despite never previously claiming the pack on that character.
    tumblr_n8bewt4QjC1qm2fu4o2_r1_400.gif
    "Polls are so annoying, let's make a poll to see who agrees!"
  • Options
    hugin1205hugin1205 Member Posts: 489 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    have you promoted them?

I felt stupid when I got my command BOff and couldn't train him.....only to realize I hadn't promoted him/her. After promoting, everything was allright (except some BOffs still switch skills every once in a while)
    18 characters
    KDF: 2 tacs, 2 engs, 3 scis
    KDF Roms: 3 tacs, 1 eng, 1 scis
    FED: 2 tacs, 1 eng, 2 scis
    TOS: 1 tac
    all on T5 rep (up to temporal)
    all have mastered Intel tree (and some more specs Points)
    highest DPS: 60.982
  • Options
    internetonsetaddinternetonsetadd Member Posts: 98 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    fataiityx3 wrote: »
    I can train all my Bridge officers except the Delta Pack Boffs and Mission Boff / Intel Sci.

For example, I made a Avoid target lock III training booklet, yet the skill does not even appear on the possible skill train list.

Even booklets bought from the trainer do not work, I tried to load her up with TT1, and I couldn't train it, even though "Learn" was clickable, even telling me how much it would cost. I then tried to train some of my backup non-intel boffs and it worked just fine.

Having the same issue. Delta Ops tac boff is fully promoted. I cannot train him using a Tactical Team I training manual, nor any other tac manuals. It appears on the list and I can press the button (which makes a sound), but nothing happens, no training occurs.

Likewise, I'm also seeing that some Intelligence ability manuals do not appear as trainable on Delta pack boffs. When in inventory, they don't even appear on the list. For example: Subspace Beacon I.
  • Options
    crypticfrostcrypticfrost Member Posts: 1,479 Cryptic Developer
    edited February 2015
    I've not been able to reproduce a problem training an Intel Boff with non-Intel skills. Can those with this issue please let me know the name@handle of the affected character, and which Boff(s) cannot be trained?
    STO QA Team
  • Options
    internetonsetaddinternetonsetadd Member Posts: 98 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    I've not been able to reproduce a problem training an Intel Boff with non-Intel skills. Can those with this issue please let me know the name@handle of the affected character, and which Boff(s) cannot be trained?

The only character I've tried so far.

Apostr'phe@internetonsetadd

(KDF Rom using trainer in First City)

Boffs:

Remint - Reman Tac Intel from Ops pack

- Tried training TT1 and APB1 - both appear on the list, neither button press does anything

Openg - Rom Eng Intel from Ops pack

- Tried training EPTS1 and EPTW2 - both appear on list, neither button press does anything

Also scratch what I reported about Subspace Beacon 1. In double checking just now I realized it just wasn't where I expected it to be (in right column). I was able to train it. Sorry for any confusion.
  • Options
    katelrickatelric Member Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited February 2015

I have seen this issue on my new character. I just created her and figured I would claim the Intel Boffs to have a good set of them on the fed side. That leads me to believe the issue could be related to claiming the Delta Intel Boffs after the system change happened.

Amaterasu@katelric (currently level 3 FED character if that matters)

The Boffs are:
    Liza (tac/intel)
    Selhon (eng/intel)
    Vulak (science/intel)

I have been able to train Elisa Flores in a new ability. I tried to train Liza with Tac Team 1 and it would not work, however I was able to train Liza in an ensign level Intel ability.

I also checked a 2nd character Meia@katelric KDF side. I just now claimed the delta Intel officers Lethnna, Gretth, and Kunovih and tried to train each in a ensign level tac (tac team 1), science (polarized hull), or eng (eng team 1) ability and it did not work.

When attempting I click the learn button and it pops up the window saying that it will spend expertise and asking for an okay. I click okay, the pop up window disappears and nothing else happens. I can click the learn button an infinite amount of time.

On my other characters who had claimed the Boff before the system change, I see no issue in training any of them and can freely train them.

I hope this helps.

Edit:
    I just logged onto my FED affiliated Romulan who had not yet claimed the Delta Intel Boffs and did so. I cannot train on them either.

Margin Man@katelric
    Air (eng/intel)
    Fifteen (sci/intel)
    Lotar (sci/intel)

I tried to train Air in both Eng Team 1 and then promoted it all the way up and tried to train Eject Warp Plasma II. Neither worked.
  • Options
    lnbladelnblade Member Posts: 410 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    I'm also unable to train my Delta Rising intelligence BOffs, but only on characters who have commissioned the BOffs after the anniversary patch went live. On those characters, the DR intel BOffs are unable to train any tactical/engineering/science abilities, even when they're the appropriate rank and I have the manual in my inventory. They can train intelligence abilities without a problem. Characters who commissioned the BOffs prior to the patch have no problem training any skills.

I have a character with BOffs commissioned both before and after the patch, if that will help

Character Name: Drim@Lord_Nightblade

BOffs commissioned before DR (trainable): Sudo, Vonak

BOff commissioned after DR (not trainable): Jona
  • Options
    crypticfrostcrypticfrost Member Posts: 1,479 Cryptic Developer
    edited February 2015
    I have been able to verify this bug. Thanks for your help.
    STO QA Team