test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Can't change quantity in Omega Shards R&D project

dkratascodkratasco Member Posts: 585 Arc User
edited February 2015 in PC Gameplay Bug Reports
Before today patch it was possible to set quantity of crafted Shard up to 5 (similar as components) now no matter what quantity I set it always start producing only 1.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    hyplhypl Member Posts: 3,719 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Yup, bugged here too.

Seriously... :rolleyes:
  • Options
    kithousekithouse Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    I'm finding the same problem.
  • Options
    philosopherephilosophere Member Posts: 607 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    dkratasco wrote: »
    Before today patch it was possible to set quantity of crafted Shard up to 5 (similar as components) now no matter what quantity I set it always start producing only 1.

Same with me. This is really gonna TRIBBLE up my upgrade dreams... well maybe a bit over-dramatic, but will certainly nerf them... :(

(ooops... I said nerf) :rolleyes:
    Are we there yet?
  • Options
    donkeybong420donkeybong420 Member Posts: 97 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    this is the case with me as well, there has been talk on zone chat about it as well.
  • Options
    jaxinajaxina Member Posts: 69 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Same for me...

also when i try to slot a new project with quantity 1 i get a 0% success chance with every doff, green, blue or very rare, choosable.
  • Options
    edited February 2015
    jaxina wrote: »
    Same for me...

also when i try to slot a new project with quantity 1 i get a 0% success chance with every doff, green, blue or very rare, choosable.

I had that happen on the first toon (science) I logged into (level 15 in science r&d if that makes a difference). Changed to my tac-toon who does not have level 15 in science r&d, and it shows 100 percent success rate. Still no multiple crafting per slot though... :(
    Are we there yet?
  • Options
    lucho80lucho80 Member Posts: 6,600 Bug Hunter
    edited February 2015
    Lol, maybe that was the only way they could take out adding crafting bonuses from them. Bad fix for a problem that only affected clueless players.

The minigame has decided to reward VR/rare stuff less frequently also which sucks.
  • Options
    zensutrazensutra Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Same here, can't do more than one quantity in R&D, it just ignores it. Also, Particles outside ESD STILL don't count, had to use the SFA workaround...although I guess that should be in another thread.

Patch your patch, Cryptic! Now it's breaking things that weren't broken before!
  • Options
    sqwishedsqwished Member Posts: 1,475 Bug Hunter
    edited February 2015
    Add another one to this thread, Cant craft multiple slithers either.
    Oh, it's not broken? We can soon fix that!

• Options
    seifer1701seifer1701 Member Posts: 109 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Same, cannot craft more than a single shard with many silvers in inventory. The slider option to set quantity is available, I set the quantity, but then the Cost still shows a value equal to 1 produced, duration shows value of 1hr (which is a single produced)

FYI a friend in fleet says he still can change the quantity, so assuming he's not overlooking something, it sounds like we may not all be affected.
  • Options
    arcangelslayarcangelslay Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Same issue, I'm away all weekend, was going to leave a load of R&D on to get Omega Tech.
  • Options
    edited February 2015
    seifer1701 wrote: »
    Same, cannot craft more than a single shard with many silvers in inventory. The slider option to set quantity is available, I set the quantity, but then the Cost still shows a value equal to 1 produced, duration shows value of 1hr (which is a single produced)

FYI a friend in fleet says he still can change the quantity, so assuming he's not overlooking something, it sounds like we may not all be affected.

Question is if if he can actually start a multiple shard crafting project.... I can change quantity to craft as well and confirm it, but it still only shows the input materials for 1, and if I start the project, only time remaining for one. :confused:
    Are we there yet?
  • Options
    mhall85mhall85 Member Posts: 2,852 Arc User1
    edited February 2015
    Same issues. :(
    d87926bd02aaa4eb12e2bb0fbc1f7061.jpg
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Yup, can't make batches here either... This anniversary is one big epic fail after another.
  • Options
    burstorionburstorion Member Posts: 1,750 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Anyone tested if you can batch create an non omega item? if you can, this may be another frickin' stealth nerf...
  • Options
    edited February 2015
    burstorion wrote: »
    Anyone tested if you can batch create an non omega item? if you can, this may be another frickin' stealth nerf...

You can batch create other items....
    Are we there yet?
  • Options
    edited February 2015
    Bort has replied in another thread(s) that this change was not intended. See the links below:

http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showpost.php?p=22126611&postcount=19

http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showpost.php?p=22127201&postcount=5

Now that's a relief, but have no idea how long it will take to correct.... hope before the next scheduled patch. :confused:
    Are we there yet?
  • Options
    arcangelslayarcangelslay Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    burstorion wrote: »

Yeah I've batch created beam components as a test. They work, omega stuff doesn't.
  • Options
    lilleandlilleand Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Same problem.
    Can only make one omega sliver/shard/fragment at the time.
    I can make multible components in the beam school(for superior upgrades).
    The R&D allso show 0% succes on making that 1 omega Sliver/shard/fegment, but have only tjecked with very rare doff.
    Haven't noticed if i get reward or not. Realy hope i do, since i allready ran the projects 10 or soo times.
  • Options
    kappataugammakappataugamma Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Same here...
  • Options
    olisjolisj Member Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    I just hope this issue gets fixed ASAP. No one can process multiples since last update.
  • Options
    matkempmatkemp Member Posts: 31 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Unable to set multiply projects on the Omega traces projects, like everyone else above.

Hope they apply a fix for this really fast, as it will have a massive negative impact on people who have to go to work.
  • Options
    edited February 2015
    Borticus has posted in another thread that the projects and materials will be there for the foreseeable future. :)
    We recently came to the decision to allow the Omega Projects to remain available indefinitely, after the conclusion of the Anniversary Event.

We will be moving these projects to a new "Special Projects" R&D School in a future patch, so that they do not clutter up the Science R&D School as they currently are. The "Special Projects" School will behave very similarly to Officer Training in that it does not have any projects that reward, nor rely upon, Skill Levels or Research XP.

As stated previously, the Omega Stabilization Mini-Game (and thus source of Omega materials) will go away when the Event is over. But anything you have gathered between now and then will be yours to keep, and continue to refine forever.
    Are we there yet?