test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Anyone do the Ramps on Very Hard and not die (Dust to Dust)?

tigerariestigeraries Member Posts: 3,492 Arc User
That is the only one I am missing... I think on Very Hard the bridges/ramps only stay up for like 4 or 5 seconds. Easy had them up for 8 seconds.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    nimbullnimbull Member Posts: 1,564 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Came close on one toon using the tab targeting.
    Green people don't have to be.... little.
  • Options
    rmy1081rmy1081 Member Posts: 2,840 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    I used a piercing plasma rifle in FPS mode. (I think any long range, fast firing weapon will work, like a split beam rifle) I ran forward while moving my mouse back and forth shooting the targets. It worked for me unless I lagged out. FPS mode seems to be the best.
  • Options
    nikolaykuznetsovnikolaykuznetsov Member Posts: 149 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Yes on main toon, using Delta Compression Phaser Rifle.
    Max. One-Hit: 114,966 (Quantum Torpedo - Salvo II (Federation Typhoon Class Battleship))
  • Options
    lhoygowlhoygow Member Posts: 311 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Yes, using a MACO rifle and TAB targeting. It can be done, shoot one at a time, advance and shoot next wall. If your auto target snags the wrong one then you are basically screwed.
  • Options
    ussprometheus79ussprometheus79 Member Posts: 727 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Yes, quite easy. Tab targetting is your friend.
    If you've come to the forums to complain about the AFK system, it's known to be bugged at the moment.
  • Options
    nephiannephian Member Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    The highest number of injuries I have ever had in STO was from doing Dust to Dust Very Hard / Elite on the evening hours of release day. I refused to let the lag & desync stop me. My character has rubber band PTSD now. I haven't played the damn thing since.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    thay8472thay8472 Member Posts: 6,108 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Yes, quite easy. Tab targetting is your friend.

^^ just shoot the next gen as your about to need it and boom... it's easy.
    2gdi5w4mrudm.png
    Typhoon Class please!
  • Options
    kodachikunokodachikuno Member Posts: 6,020 Arc User1
    edited February 2015
    I have pulled it off exactly once in like 12 runs
  • Options
    anazondaanazonda Member Posts: 8,399 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Yea... did it first time around... Was pretty easy too.
    Don't look silly... Don't call it the "Z-Store/Zen Store"...
    Let me put the rumors to rest: it's definitely still the C-Store (Cryptic Store) It just takes ZEN.
    Like Duty Officers? Support effords to gather ideas
  • Options
    sistericsisteric Member Posts: 768 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    I did it with dual pistol on my third toon. First two died only on the last set using rifles.
    Federation: Fleet Admiral Zombee (Alien Tactical)::Fleet Admiral Danic (Vulcan Science)::Fleet Admiral Daniel Kochheiser (Human Engineer)
    KDF: Dahar Master Kan (Borg Klingon Tactical)::Dahar Master Torc (Alien Science)::Dahar Master Sisteric (Gorn Engineer)
    RR-Fed: Citizen Sirroc (Romulan Science)::Fleet Admiral Grell (Alien Engineer)
    RR-KDF: Fleet Admiral Zemo (Reman Tactical)::Fleet Admiral Xinatek (Reman Science)::Fleet Admiral Bel (Alien Engineer)
    TOS-Fed: Fleet Admiral Katem (Andorian Tactical)::Lieutenant Commander Straad (Vulcan Engineer)
    Dom-Fed: Dan'Tar (Jem'Hadar Science)
    Dom-KDF: Kamtana'Solan (Jem'Hadar Science)

CoHost of Tribbles in Ecstasy (Zombee)
  • Options
    eldioraeldiora Member Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Yeah did it on very hard, was relatively easy for me because I have a melee tac.

First I used Movement Accelerator for speed, then Tachykinetic Wave to trigger all the panels at once and then running trough with max speed.
  • Options
    jexsamxjexsamx Member Posts: 2,802 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Haven't managed it deathless yet, not sure I will, but it's not really that hard. Tricky thing for me was keeping my eye on the damn floor while shooting those wall dealies. All my deaths were just from being in slightly the wrong place...
  • Options
    kodachikunokodachikuno Member Posts: 6,020 Arc User1
    edited February 2015
    jexsamx wrote: »
    Haven't managed it deathless yet, not sure I will, but it's not really that hard. Tricky thing for me was keeping my eye on the damn floor while shooting those wall dealies. All my deaths were just from being in slightly the wrong place...

aye timing isnt the issue, its the 'instant retract' pads
  • Options
    jbmaverickjbmaverick Member Posts: 935 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Did it last night with a MACO rifle as an Engineer. Used shooter mode so I could ensure I was targeting the correct generator, only shot one at a time and moved to the corresponding platform before activating the next, since I had to ensure I didn't stand on one of the sensor pads. Probably took me half a dozen attempts, mostly because I kept trying to rush it and trigger multiple generators in a row which resulted in not enough time when I needed to start hitting the next set of generators.

The universe has a wonderful sense of humor. The trick is learning how to take a joke.
  • Options
    mirrorchaosmirrorchaos Member Posts: 9,844 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    only time i had problems on very hard was when i had some lag, but thats about it. otherwise the very hard ramps.. theres nothing to it. i have my controls setup to auto tab closest off screen targets when the primary fire key is pressed, sometimes free look with the mouse for a nudge in the right direction for the primary fire.

anything else would be the zephy shotgun, but the dyson rifle is good for the nodes. easy to do in under 2 minutes.
    T6 Miranda Hero Ship FTW.
    Been around since Dec 2010 on STO and bought LTS in Apr 2013 for STO.