What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Some fixes heading your way and other FYIs

Comments

• captainoblivouscaptainoblivous Member Posts: 2,284 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    iconians wrote: »
    Thanks for the update, Mr. Rivera.

This. Devcom like this rarely happens, which is sad imo.
    I need a beer.

• timelord004timelord004 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    am i the only person that the recent patch for the anniversery has now rendered the game unplayable? play for 10 minutes and the character/ship either gets stuck or will not let me exit dialouge. and whats bad is when it does this i cant just exit it. i have to open task manager on the desktop and close out sto. and i lost one of my boffs all together. beam overload has been replaced with torpedo overload. so now i have 2 torpedo overloads and i cant fix it because i cant even play it. I really do love this game but this is absolutely horrible.
  • jamesbrycejamesbryce Member Posts: 69 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Is there anything that can be done to eliminate the few seconds lag that exists with trying to activate weapons in combat in both space and ground instances? I prefer not to put my weapons on auto-fire but have found myself doing so just to get around this. My preference is having manual control over computer control
  • brantregarebrantregare Member Posts: 102 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    NO Gecko, I am NOT enjoying the 5th anniversary What in Ghenna where you people thinking when you decided to change my boffs powers? Changing them to random stuff that does not fit my build or play style at that? Now I know why I waited until tonight to give the new year a try: I knew that yall would find some way to mess it up. I ain't got the time or heart to try to sort the mess out you've made just with my BOffs... definitely not up to figuring out what other stuff you've stuck a shiv into.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • seaofsorrowsseaofsorrows Member Posts: 10,918 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    I hope you are all enjoying STOs 5th anniversary. Our first 5 year mission is completed, and we look forward to the next 5 years.

I wanted to give you a heads up on some known issues that we are working on. Some of these were mentioned in other threads, but I wanted to repost to make sure the info got out.

Many of you were experiencing lag/rubber-banding. A quick fix was put in place for this and that issue should be largely resolved now. A permanent fix will go out next week.

There is an issue with all powers in the power tray going grey whenever you modify the tray. A fix for this is on the way by next week.

There is a known issue with the Omega mini game in Sol and a few other maps where you won’t get credit for the missions We have a fix and will get this one out as soon as possible. Until then, you can do your omega mini game on Star Fleet Academy.

We ran a fix-up on special Bridge Officers to replace old powers that a player may have deleted in the past. The fix-up works, however, if that Boff was on a station seat, its powers may be out of order and attempting to modify his powers may make things worse. If you simply unslot and reslot that BOff from his station, the problem should correct itself. A fix is on the way.

There are other issues we are also working on, but these were some top issues that several people asked about and I wanted to let you know that we were aware and were working on them.

LLAP

Al "Captain Geko" Rivera

Thank You!!

This type of communication and updating the community is HIGHLY appreciated. Thank you for keeping us in the loop.

Live long and prosper. :D
    Insert witty signature line here.
  • rabin26rabin26 Member Posts: 21 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    There is a known issue with the Omega mini game in Sol and a few other maps where you won’t get credit for the missions We have a fix and will get this one out as soon as possible.

Hopefully this includes making sure the Bajor particles are in the social-instance Bajor System and not the mission-instance Bajor System from "Crack in the Mirror" where they are apparently currently spawning.

Thanks for the update on the team's efforts to get the warp field stabilized again for smooth flying.

ETA: There's been some confirmation from in-game chat that collecting the particles in "Crack in the Mirror" will complete the Bajor portion of the daily.
  • khenaliankhenalian Member Posts: 59 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    I must say that no, I am not enjoying the anniversary release at all. This was a horrible, botched release. Someone should be fired.

If I presented my wife with an Anniversary gift like this, she would want a divorce. It's like you guys didn't even try to get this right.
  • zntechzntech Member Posts: 153 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    There is some truth in your writings coraxdraco & koihimenakamura but but.
    You have to look in the Shard database architecture to understand the problems and of course there is lightheadedness of Cryptic to much i think .
    I work with the Open-Stack, Docker and SAP which they are not much different (they are different but it isn't important right now) then Shard in cloud Cryptic have.
    Problems are huge but you can't release 1/2 or 2/3 even 4/5 working system online it is ... I don't know what to say ......
    In the beginning there was all and then become nothing

I AM PISSED OFF AFTER 3 YRS. I STILL CAN'T USE OR CHANGE OR DELETE OUTFIT IN 3 OF 5 OUTFIT SLOTS ON MY KLINGON TOON !
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • sunfranckssunfrancks Member Posts: 3,925 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Just want to chime in and say, the Vlugta Asteroid Field isn't spawning molecules, either...

Edit: I have since been told that the Molecules are in the airlock, and not on the surface like the waypoint states.
    Fed: Eng Lib Borg (Five) Tac Andorian (Shen) Sci Alien/Klingon (Maelrock) KDF:Tac Romulan KDF (Sasha) Tac Klingon (K'dopis)
    Founder, member and former leader to Pride Of The Federation Fleet.
    What I feel after I hear about every decision made since Andre "Mobile Games Generalisimo" Emerson arrived...
    3oz8xC9gn8Fh4DK9Q4.gif

• zntechzntech Member Posts: 153 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    To "Captain Geko" Rivera

What Bajor Omega particles do in Cardasian mission episode "Crack in The Mirror" Bajor Space Map??????????????????????????????????????????????
    In the beginning there was all and then become nothing

I AM PISSED OFF AFTER 3 YRS. I STILL CAN'T USE OR CHANGE OR DELETE OUTFIT IN 3 OF 5 OUTFIT SLOTS ON MY KLINGON TOON !
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • jrq2jrq2 Member Posts: 263 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    jam3s1701 wrote: »
    And dude wayyy to wind someone up I am pretty sure none! Of this was intentional thus they deserve some leway surely....

You would think after 5 years they would have better control of their system.

Their leeway ran out 2 years ago.

It is clear to everyone that they just don't care about their work, because if they did, they would have paid attention to what they were doing and not roll out such a crapy update to begin with.

It is also clear to everyone that no one is in control of the game, anyone that works knows that in order to get things done the team has to be in sync with everyone else and the way that happens is good leadership and constant follow up to make sure everything is running smoothly.
  • chrysanthenoirchrysanthenoir Member Posts: 37 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Fixes next week are great but when you cannot move a single character, when they are all stuck in unresponsive maps, one at esd, one outside esd, one outside k7, one inside k7...the bug reporting button does not work, the warp out does not work, nothing moves at all, you feel like you are banging your head against a brick wall.
    As a lifetime member I am feeling seriously let down, I am completely unable to play the game, the characters I can get to are completely stuck and unresponsive, the others...I don't know as they will not even load up.
    Then if I am lucky enough to get into the game at all, I am booted off within a minute due to the servers being unresponsive.
    Have tried to contact GM in game, get an error message saying the connection to the server times out so no go there either.
    Getting really fed up and frustrated with all of this, all I want is to be able to play my game.

:mad:
  • doubleohninedoubleohnine Member Posts: 818 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    jrq2 wrote: »
    You would think after 5 years they would have better control of their system.

Their leeway ran out 2 years ago.

It is clear to everyone that they just don't care about their work, because if they did, they would have paid attention to what they were doing and not roll out such a crapy update to begin with.

It is also clear to everyone that no one is in control of the game, anyone that works knows that in order to get things done the team has to be in sync with everyone else and the way that happens is good leadership and constant follow up to make sure everything is running smoothly.

This.

I forgot to even look at my BOFFs before I logged out in rubberbanding frustration Day One. Im afraid of what I'll find when I log in in a few weeks where hopefully this mess is sorted out. :mad:
    STO: @AGNT009 Since Dec 2010
    Capt. Will Conquest of the U.S.S. Crusader
  • ralphgraphiteralphgraphite Member Posts: 628 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Geko, thanks for the update. Nothing but positive news here!
  • cromarty1cromarty1 Member Posts: 138 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    I hope you are all enjoying STOs 5th anniversary. Our first 5 year mission is completed, and we look forward to the next 5 years.

I wanted to give you a heads up on some known issues that we are working on. Some of these were mentioned in other threads, but I wanted to repost to make sure the info got out.

Many of you were experiencing lag/rubber-banding. A quick fix was put in place for this and that issue should be largely resolved now. A permanent fix will go out next week.

There is an issue with all powers in the power tray going grey whenever you modify the tray. A fix for this is on the way by next week.

There is a known issue with the Omega mini game in Sol and a few other maps where you won’t get credit for the missions We have a fix and will get this one out as soon as possible. Until then, you can do your omega mini game on Star Fleet Academy.

We ran a fix-up on special Bridge Officers to replace old powers that a player may have deleted in the past. The fix-up works, however, if that Boff was on a station seat, its powers may be out of order and attempting to modify his powers may make things worse. If you simply unslot and reslot that BOff from his station, the problem should correct itself. A fix is on the way.

There are other issues we are also working on, but these were some top issues that several people asked about and I wanted to let you know that we were aware and were working on them.

LLAP

Al "Captain Geko" Rivera

1/10 the said fixes happen 10 times the fixes in added content sorry this thread is misleading!
  • norobladnoroblad Member Posts: 2,624 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    is it official that the vaadwaur pol weapon proc will no longer be effectively 100%?
  • rsoblivionrsoblivion Member Posts: 809 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    noroblad wrote: »
    is it official that the vaadwaur pol weapon proc will no longer be effectively 100%?

Yes Borticus said it'll be fixed to the usual 2.5% for space and 5% for ground next patch.
    Chris Robert's on SC:
    "You don't have to do something again and again and again repetitive that doesn't have much challange, that's just a general good gameplay thing."
  • supersagatsupersagat Member Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    :confused::confused::DI understand that with New content there is going to be bugs in the system that you could not have caught until it goes live. You have a process that you have to go threw a lot of checks and bug still get threw the cracks.

But your costing us Game time, IF a roll back major fixing on this scale isn't conducted you going to lose a lot of player base which will cause a Ripple effect on other parts in the game. what am I referring to is but not limited too. IE:

> Frustrated players Due to unresolved in-game bugs
    > A lot of player failing to complete event cause ships aren't functional.
    > longer Que times for space and ground Ques
    > and my favorite the slow down of purchase in game product that your trying to sell

Lets face it nobody want to buy broken goods or even partial broken goods.
    I Sugguest inform the players of when this fix will take place or conduct a roll back until the bug is fix on your dev's end.
  • raventomoeraventomoe Member Posts: 723 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Thanks again for the update Gecko. I do not pity your jobs right now.

A letter to the forumites that are with me

You know...I'm watching this forum go this way and that on everything and it is kinda killing my wanting to be at least a part of this forum on some days. But today, I was watching a video in my list of regular videos on Youtube and well...The Mighty Jingles was not even talking STO. I don't even think he plays STO but his words have a certain element of truth to them in regards to us and our beloved Star Trek Online.

Just a few thoughts on that matter and a reminder to not give the Devs a hard time. They have to work hard as Gre'thor and I bet some days make mining Rura Penthe look like a summer vacation for them.
    "The Multiverse, the ultimate frontier..."
    Thus begins...Lyrical Trek
  • ddesjardinsddesjardins Member Posts: 3,056 Media Corps
    edited February 2015

LLAP

Al "Captain Geko" Rivera

Awesome - thanks for the update.

Great interview (part one) on Priority One Podcast #207 - I really enjoy listening to what you have coming. It humanizes the communication, and gives us a better sense of the commitment your team has to the end experience.
  • gavinrunebladegavinruneblade Member Posts: 3,894 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Thanks for the update.

Others have pointed put the issues you missed, please do address them as well.

Did want to say I enjoyed the new mission immensely and was really glad you got Kim to return for it. Your interview of her was fun too.

Looking forward to the fixes.
  • cdnhawkcdnhawk Member Posts: 108 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    I'm more than a little irritated that all of my BOFFs were reset to default powers, meaning I had to spend EC on buying manuals, then retrain, then reslot, then rebuild my tray from scratch, which was made somewhat more difficult by the fact that you changed all the BOFF power icons.

Imagine my further frustration when I joined an STF only to discover that my BOFFs had magically unslotted themselves again, leaving my tray empty.

Interestingly enough, this has only happened with 2 of my ships. The others BOFF stations are properly slotted, BUT their skills were reset.
  • jackal1701apwjackal1701apw Member Posts: 669 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Thanks for the info...

One thing that I have noticed - all my boffs that were stored (in inventory and mail) have lost all of their powers. They still have traits but no powers.

I had hundreds (if not thousands) of these and was keeping them for use if i switched builds.
    Now the new system has gone live there is no way to get 'rare' skills and I feel a little cheated to have lost all of these officers/skills that I was saving up in case I wanted/needed them.

If the intention was to make such powers more rare I think this is poorly done and only serves to annoy veteran players.

Trying my hardest not to 'sound' entitled but to be fair I grinded years of officer reports missions to get selections of boffs that have desired skills and store them away for a rainy day. And it's pouring outside....
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

...#LLAP...
  • emplehodemplehod Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    My #1 issue with the new patch is the losing of every ship on every character's skill bar setups and loadouts. The BOFFs are removed from their stations and I have to sift through all the skills again, put them back on the skill bar and then make another loadout. To make things worse, most of the skill icons are totally different in the skills window than on the hot bar. When I'm trying to locate the skills I need to move, it is difficult because they aren't the same and I end up adding skills twice.

Very annoying.

And any mission where I have to fly a temporary NPC ship, I always come back to find all the skills are gone again and the loadout will not fix them.

And there is one of my KDF toons that doesn't have a "Call Trade Freighter" icon at all. Well, it does, but it is just a solid white box. It is the same in both the skills window and on the skill bar. I have deleted it and replaced it, same thing. I have verified all game files, same.
  • emplehodemplehod Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    How about:

Instead of adding new features to collect more money, instead spend a month (longer if needed) rolling out fixes to the existing game so you can keep customers?
  • gameversemangameverseman Member Posts: 1,110 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    And you STILL are not going to fix the cloaking bug..... figures. You pump out half baked content and take up to two weeks afterwards to fix it. This cycle repeats until bugs, like the cloaking bug, are just buried no matter what we say. ffs
    signature.png
  • kwyjenkwyjen Member Posts: 133 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    emplehod wrote: »
    My #1 issue with the new patch is the losing of every ship on every character's skill bar setups and loadouts. The BOFFs are removed from their stations and I have to sift through all the skills again, put them back on the skill bar and then make another loadout. To make things worse, most of the skill icons are totally different in the skills window than on the hot bar. When I'm trying to locate the skills I need to move, it is difficult because they aren't the same and I end up adding skills twice.

Very annoying.

And any mission where I have to fly a temporary NPC ship, I always come back to find all the skills are gone again and the loadout will not fix them.

And there is one of my KDF toons that doesn't have a "Call Trade Freighter" icon at all. Well, it does, but it is just a solid white box. It is the same in both the skills window and on the skill bar. I have deleted it and replaced it, same thing. I have verified all game files, same.

YEAH.. I have the same problem happen with my characters :(
  • kwyjenkwyjen Member Posts: 133 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    emplehod wrote: »
    How about:

Instead of adding new features to collect more money, instead spend a month (longer if needed) rolling out fixes to the existing game so you can keep customers?

HELL yes :eek: myself and everyone else in STO wishes you guys would do this.. NO MORE NEW CONTENT UNTIL YOU FIX.. FIX.. FIX all the known issues and bugs already in game.. PLEASE just fix what we already have.. :confused:
  • duketenshiduketenshi Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Any idea when the Kobali BOff will be given KDF &/or Romulan Uniform options? Atm, ALL Kobali BOffs on my account have either the Kobali uniform, or the Federation Uniform options (regardless of which faction she is part of).

I actually have a couple of Fed-aligned Romulan BOffs which have a similar problem...they seem to have been intended for KDF Romulans, but I can use them fine...I just can't give them the nice Romulan-Federation Uniform that their Captain uses.

It would also be nice if you could figure out why our BOff stations get cleared out randomly during map changes (especially from ground to space), & fix that.

=======================================

Sorry if this is in the wrong forum or thread, or anything of the sort. I didn't see anywhere else to put it.
  • sernonserculionsernonserculion Member Posts: 749 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Happy to hear the rubberbanding/lag will be/is addressed. I used the bug reporting feature to rant a little after getting an AFK penalty for lagging my gluteus maximus off on some Crystaline Catastrophe map. Sorry if the wording got a bit overboard, it is at any rate reasonably playable now. Credit where credit is due. :)
This discussion has been closed.