test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Bug: Omega Particle Tech Upgrade provides only 2x quality improvement chance

olympus7olympus7 Member Posts: 17 Arc User
edited February 2015 in PC Gameplay Bug Reports
According to description, Omega Particle Tech Upgrade should provide 4x quality improvement chance but it actually provides only 2x quality improvement chance. It provides the same quality improvement chance as an experimental superior tech upgrade, but it should provide twice as much.

Click here for example/comparison (superior upgrade vs. experimental superior vs. omega tech).

Technology points and 0 dilithium cost work fine.

Considering grind and bugged omega mini-game, I feel we should at least get what's stated in description so I hope this will be fixed soon. Thank you.

ticket ID #3,132,489.
Post edited by olympus7 on

Comments

• soidutssoiduts Member Posts: 55 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    Can also confirm that I am only getting 2x instead of 4x. This epic omega tech should also allow you to pick the modifier you will eventually upgrade to as the grind required for it is excessive vs experimental tech.
  • merdhynmerdhyn Member Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Also able to confirm this bug, considering all of the effort to make this, it really should work as advertised. The technology points and 0 dil cost are working fine on the other hand
  • tehbubbalootehbubbaloo Member Posts: 2,003 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    im sure the typographical/tooltip error in the description will be fixed right after everyone is finished grinding for them.
  • trelane87trelane87 Member Posts: 242 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    This is a bug, it clearly states in the description of the Omega Tech Upgrades and on the tool tip before you craft them that they give 2 times the Research and Tech points as an Experimental Upgrade (2 x 2 is 4 last time i checked). See below, people should wait until they fix this before applying them:

http://i.imgur.com/dRFRk6p.png
  • knc13knc13 Member Posts: 43 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Weird, I'm not getting this bug, maybe it is fixed already.
    Tried it on a MK XII Very Rare console
    Predicted Quality chance:
    Normal Upgrade with 2x Quality Booster: 1%
    Experimental Upgrade with 2x Quality Booster: 3%
    Omega Upgrade with 2x Quality Booster: 5%

Then again, if some players would get the 4x Quality improvement chance, and some others not... That'd be even worse.
  • tripsynctripsync Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    I've been curious about whether or not it is being considered a bug, and if yes, then will it be corrected in the update tomorrow?