test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Yearly all access subscription

vocmcpvocmcp Member Posts: 1,134 Arc User
Dear Cryptic

Please give me an option to subscribe to your game and pay you around a 150$-200$ a year but in exchange be able to play your game and not to grind it. I earn a living, I don't have the time to be fed up by insane grind for dill and other things. So I'm willing to pay for the experience. However I want to pay a fair price. I am not willing to pay insane amounts on Zen to get dill, and I'm also not willing to spend 30$ on a single ship I wasn't even able to test and which is nothing but a bit of data. I'm happy to pay a lumpsum of around 150$ a year, max 200 but in exchange I'd like full access to the game. No grind walls, no useless time gates, no further ingame purchases. Anything else is just not fair value and so far this has held me back from spending anything at all.

And if you believe 200 bucks is too little then just take into account that this would easily buy me 3 computer games that offer me a product which does not come with daily bug annoyance. Games that I can play the way I want. Notion on PLAY and not GRIND.

There's just a little catch.... maybe your game wouldn't be fun anymore if you started offering this option since all you've built it for is timegates and slow progression. Maybe work a bit on PvP ;)
Post edited by vocmcp on

Comments

• Options
    defcon1776defcon1776 Member Posts: 313 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    Settles in with popcorn and a Romulan Ale.:rolleyes:
    "If you can't take a little bloody nose, maybe you ought to go back home and crawl under your bed. It's not safe out here. It's wondrous, with treasures to satiate desires both subtle and gross. But it's not for the timid." Q
    Join the 44th Fleet. [FED and KDF] Apply Online: startrek.44thfleet.com
  • Options
    gonaliusgonalius Member Posts: 893 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    A more imaginative 'I don't like the way MMO's work' than most, I'll grant you that.
  • Options
    js26568js26568 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    Why do all MMOs have to work the same way? Why do people think Grind is an essential element?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Free Tibet!
  • Options
    edited January 2015
    js26568 wrote: »
    Why do all MMOs have to work the same way? Why do people think Grind is an essential element?

Because without it, you'd do everything quickly, and wouldn't continue to log in month after month (potentially) spending money whilst you do so.
  • Options
    garaks31garaks31 Member Posts: 2,845 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    some pvp or stf bundles with mk 14 weapons and equipment would maybe a option :rolleyes:
  • Options
    js26568js26568 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    gonalius wrote: »
    Because without it, you'd do everything quickly, and wouldn't continue to log in month after month (potentially) spending money whilst you do so.

That's flawed logic I'm afraid. Why would someone doing a repetitive boring grind suddenly feel compelled to open their wallets?

Also, I have been playing this game for years and I've opened my wallet plenty of times. Until, that is, someone at Cryptic found a copy of "MMO Economics for Dummies" with a few pages missing.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Free Tibet!
  • Options
    edited January 2015
    js26568 wrote: »
    Also, I have been playing this game for years and I've opened my wallet plenty of times. Until, that is, someone at Cryptic found a copy of "MMO Economics for Dummies" with a few pages missing.

This game has always had a grind. It's just that the most recent updates have gone too far. Hopefully the numbers will back this up, and it'll be toned down. But then again, maybe it won't be. It could well be that Cryptic and PWE are too prideful to admit 'We done screwed up'.