test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Lag/Rubberbanding in Social Zones - 1/30

13»

Comments

• sdavistatorsdavistator Member Posts: 18 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    Just bring the game down and fix it. You are just wasting our time.
  • iconiansiconians Member Posts: 6,987 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    You are just wasting our time.

Is that not the purpose of playing a game?
    ExtxpTp.jpg
  • myrnwynmyrnwyn Member Posts: 103 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    trying to do the particles and it says Bajor system (space) can't find any in bajor system space and went to do it on the ground and what do you know, I do one and it doesn't count. Why does the circles not stay on the map so we can actually find the freaking things?

Helpfully the omega particles count as material nodes, so your scanner will actually point at the nearest one. That's how I found some nodes floating around 20-30 km away from ESD that no one was using because nobody goes over there.
  • matridunadan1matridunadan1 Member Posts: 579 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    We have rolled out one change just a couple minutes ago. This should help it resolve more quickly.
    That helped with the lag on Bajor Ground, at least.

Did NOT help with the complete lack of any particles on Bajor Space.
  • spacehermitspacehermit Member Posts: 355 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    Suddenly ESD is lag free at 2200GMT. Well done, and thanks.
  • rnaughtrnaught Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited January 2015

Yeah, I'm finding difficult to finish my daily when all I have left to do is collect the particle from Bajor space. No particles means no finish. 2 days in a row now and unable to do the daily. I think I'll just run Dust to Dust to get my 40 Qmendations* for my alts instead of even bothering with this stupid trace hunt thing on all of them.

At least I can finish THAT mission.

*And yes, I know running the mission past the first time gives no Qmendations. I'm talking just running it once to get the 400 Qmendations since I can't seem to finish the daily for 40. Sure, I'll have a surplus but then I won't need to run the stupid Omega daily as much next anniversary. If there is a 6th anniversary, that is.
    Make a man a fire and keep him warm for the day.

Set a man on fire and keep him warm for the rest of his life.
  • crowley875crowley875 Member Posts: 187 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    Just logged in and beamed down to Defera, no lag. "As smooth as an android's bottom" as Riker would say. Amazing.

Good job guys.
  • iconiansiconians Member Posts: 6,987 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    Instructions unclear. Logged in and tried stabilizing Omega Particle. Made an explosion. Warp travel now impossible for several lightyears.
    ExtxpTp.jpg
  • diemdarkbringerdiemdarkbringer Member Posts: 20 Arc User
    edited January 2015

yep it does, flew around the system and got nothing
  • mightybobcncmightybobcnc Member Posts: 3,354 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    Soo, why can't the boff/secondary deflector converter script be unleashed on the database while the servers are down for maintenance? Why does it have to be run for every character individually upon login? (Just curious.)

Joined January 2009
    Finger wrote:
    Nitpicking is a time-honored tradition of science fiction. Asking your readers not to worry about the "little things" is like asking a dog not to sniff at people's crotches. If there's something that appears to violate natural laws, then you can expect someone's going to point it out. That's just the way things are.
  • l3zl13l3zl13 Member Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    olisj wrote: »
    Do Academy trace minigame instead, objective is directing to wrong place.

OK! That helped to clear this location of the daily but unfortunately I still can't finish the the quest as it didn't change to return to Q stage even if all locations are done.... :confused:
  • khamseenairkhamseenair Member Posts: 2,640 Bug Hunter
    edited January 2015
    raventomoe wrote: »
    EDIT: Also to add...for those who do not know what Taco is talking about. When you enter a map and during the loading screen, it will sometimes say "patching <insert Mb or number of files>" or something like that. That's the little fix-up he is talking about.

I'm pretty sure that's actually to do with 'on demand patching' which downloads files as needed instead of downloading everything at once. I stopped using that system about a week after they added it because it caused so many more SNRs and random disconnects when joining queued missions that it just wasn't worth it.

One of my friends still uses that and I find playing missions with him infuriating simply because when I enter a system or beam down to a planet I have to sit around for two minutes waiting on him to patch.
    Join date is wrong, I've actually been around since STO Beta.
    True alters don't have a "main". Account wide unlocks for all unique event rewards!!
  • matridunadan1matridunadan1 Member Posts: 579 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    People, people! It's suddenly so clear to me now!

Obviously, the devs want us to go find some other MMO to play during the weekend. Then after 2-3 days, when the weekend is over and they come back to work on Monday, then they will be able to take care of all this darn complaining we've been doing.

So there you have it: Go find another game. It's Cryptic-mandated.
  • therealescott68therealescott68 Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    l3zl13 wrote: »
    OK! That helped to clear this location of the daily but unfortunately I still can't finish the the quest as it didn't change to return to Q stage even if all locations are done.... :confused:

Same for me. Still no way to finish the mission if it's ESD (space).
  • pweadamanteuspweadamanteus Member Posts: 117 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    Same for me. Still no way to finish the mission if it's ESD (space).

You can complete that by stabilizing a particle at Starfleet Academy. It should give you proper credit for the mission step.
  • therealescott68therealescott68 Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    You can complete that by stabilizing a particle at Starfleet Academy. It should give you proper credit for the mission step.

I've stabilized about 5 particles at the Academy. The mission won't mark it as complete.

EDIT:

Well... 6th times the charm :) Finally it completed. Yay!
  • orran90orran90 Member Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited January 2015

Not working for me after about four tries.
  • majorhalcyonmajorhalcyon Member Posts: 199 Arc User
    edited January 2015

How about a work around/resolution for the Bajor (Space) particle not existing?
  • blitzy4blitzy4 Member Posts: 839 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    Edit: Got it mine was on the Mark Valentine memorial. Thanks again Mark
    jKixCmJ.jpg
    "..and like children playing after sunset, we were surrounded by darkness." -Ruri Hoshino

• khamseenairkhamseenair Member Posts: 2,640 Bug Hunter
    edited January 2015
    orran90 wrote: »
    Not working for me after about four tries.

Apparently only one specific particle works on Academy to replace the Space one.
    http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showpost.php?p=22010541&postcount=8
    How about a work around/resolution for the Bajor (Space) particle not existing?

Yeah, that's where I'm at. Decided to try again after the 'fix' for rubber banding, which admittedly has made it a little more bearable, but then I got a mission with no ability to complete so that's fun.
    Join date is wrong, I've actually been around since STO Beta.
    True alters don't have a "main". Account wide unlocks for all unique event rewards!!
  • pwecaptainsmirkpwecaptainsmirk Member Posts: 1,167 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    Lag and Rubberbanding related to the launch should not be affecting any of you any longer.

In true Starfleet fashion, our engineering team over estimated the ETA on a fix.

Thanks for your patience everyone! :D

~CaptainSmirk
This discussion has been closed.