test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Borg Invasion Bug

silverskyhigh2silverskyhigh2 Member Posts: 46 Arc User
edited January 2015 in PC Gameplay Bug Reports
I have noticed over the last week that trying to do the Borg Invasion missions have been bugging out, and number of people can atest to it. one of 3 things happen, 1: You get in kill the 4 groups of Borg ships and the the Unimartix ship comes in and all is good. 2: You get in kill the 4 groups of Borg ships and the Unimatrix ship DOES NOT show up. and finally 3: You get in and it shows that all 4 groups of Borg ships and defeated and there is NO Unimatrix ship to be seen.

Please fix this.

PS: could have put in a pun but I think it's self explanitory. lol
Post edited by silverskyhigh2 on

Comments

• Options
    ian128kian128k Member Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    I've also been encountering this, as has my teammate. I've seen it in Orellius, Beta Ursae, Sirius, Alpha Centauri, and Regulus.
  • Options
    darthpetersendarthpetersen Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    This bug is in the game since Delta Risings starts. For month now the Red alerts are bugged. I seen no response from the devs yet.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    seriousdaveseriousdave Member Posts: 2,777 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    This bug is in the game since Delta Risings starts. For month now the Red alerts are bugged. I seen no response from the devs yet.

This.

It's also possible that after dedeating the 4 groups somehow 2 Unimatrix ships show up. Happened twice to me back in november when I still played the alerts.
  • Options
    cowbertcowbert Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    In the last case #3, this is related to #2. The instance is empty because: another group already came in, blew up the 4 groups, and no unimatrix spawned, they then warped out due to #2 bug but because the map does not count as complete, you have warped into it and witnessed the aftermath.
  • Options
    crypticfrostcrypticfrost Member Posts: 1,479 Cryptic Developer
    edited January 2015
    I've verified this in Alpha Centauri, Beta Ursae and Orelius. I couldn't reproduce the issue in Sirius or Regulus on our newest build.

Thanks for the reports.
    STO QA Team
  • Options
    mightybobcncmightybobcnc Member Posts: 3,354 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    It's pretty random, Frost, and it's not limited to specific sector blocks. Sometimes it'll even be random per-instance in the same sector, e.g. if an Alert pops in Sirius and a bunch of players join, spawning like 12 different instances of the Alert, some of those 12 instances will work fine, some will spawn 0 unimatrix ships, and occasionally one might spawn 2 unimatrix ships. This has been broken since day 1 of Delta Rising.

Joined January 2009
    Finger wrote:
    Nitpicking is a time-honored tradition of science fiction. Asking your readers not to worry about the "little things" is like asking a dog not to sniff at people's crotches. If there's something that appears to violate natural laws, then you can expect someone's going to point it out. That's just the way things are.
  • Options
    nicha0nicha0 Member Posts: 1,456 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    I have noticed over the last week that trying to do the Borg Invasion missions have been bugging out, and number of people can atest to it. one of 3 things happen, 1: You get in kill the 4 groups of Borg ships and the the Unimartix ship comes in and all is good. 2: You get in kill the 4 groups of Borg ships and the Unimatrix ship DOES NOT show up. and finally 3: You get in and it shows that all 4 groups of Borg ships and defeated and there is NO Unimatrix ship to be seen.

Please fix this.

PS: could have put in a pun but I think it's self explanitory. lol

You can also get into a situation where multiple unimatrixes spawn
    Delirium Tremens
    Completed Starbase, Embassy, Mine, Spire and No Win Scenario
    Nothing to do anymore.
    http://dtfleet.com/
    Visit our Youtube channel
  • Options
    davefenestratordavefenestrator Member Posts: 10,512 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    It happened to us tonight in Beta Ursae -- cleared 4 sets, the status for that step turns green, but no cutscene of unimatrix appearing. The circle where it ought to be appears on the map but it's empty.
  • Options
    mattaukettmattaukett Member Posts: 190 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    Just observed the same issue in Zeta Andromeda as well. Killed 4 sets of Borg and no Unimatrix ship spawned.

As noted previously I've instanced jumped a couple of times when I've seen this happen an some times the Unimatrix does spawn within different instances of the same sector block.
  • Options
    edited January 2015
    Thanks for the information.
    STO QA Team
  • Options
    papasezpapasez Member Posts: 55 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    Glad to see this getting some dev attention. The comment regarding not being able to repro it in certain sectors is a little disheartening as it's clear they don't understand the bug and consequently where to begin to fix it. This bug is by no means a deal breaker but it is incredibly annoying and has been allow to persist for far too long now. Knowing that the devs are starting from square one, only now just becoming aware of it (despite bug reports detailing it since day 1 of Delta Rising) would suggest we're in for a looong wait before we see this fixed.

Here's hoping I'm wrong and a fix is found asap. You'll just have to forgive me for my pessimism as when it comes to fixing bugs in this game in a timely manner, that pessimism is well earned.
  • Options
    auxie4444auxie4444 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    I am also experiencing this... Tau Dewa appears to be fine but I have tried 5-6 times at least to do the borg invasion mission in Beta Ursae and and I am getting the #2 bug every time where no unimatrix ships spawn at all... and so I have to leave...
  • Options
    lordatrocitieslordatrocities Member Posts: 462 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    AskRay closed the new topic about this issues. I am sorry if I am wrong, but I don't believe the Dev's often read the forum. Hence the frustration many players, including myself, often feel when we report a bug and nothing seems to be done about it for prolonged periods. At least the Devs are aware of this bug now.

On Going Borg Alert Bug!!
    Borg Alerts in BETA URSAE and ORELLIUS are not working correctly. This has been an ongoing bug since DR release.

The missions generate, but will NOT conclude. After defeating the 4th Borg group the main battle will NOT start. Thus leaving players with a timer but NOTHING to fight. Ergo the missions cannot be conclude by players. The only options are; 1, leave, 2, run the clock out. Either way NO REWARDS are given.

This is an ongoing bug. I have read the Dev blogs and posts and FOUND NOTHING regarding this issue. I don't even think they are aware of it despite ALL OF THE BUG REPORTS about it.
    What happened to those unique forum ranks I paid for?
  • Options
    mattaukettmattaukett Member Posts: 190 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    Just observed the issue in Iota Pavonis as well so worth having a look at zone as well (assuming its not a more generic bug to the mission type). 4 waves killed, no Unimatrix spawned and couldn't check any other instance because I was all on my own with no other instances active.
  • Options
    warpangelwarpangel Member Posts: 9,427 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    I was just in Psi Velorum alert and it spawned TWO unimatrix ships. After killing them I switched instances and again it spawned two unimatrix ships in the end.
  • Options
    edited January 2015
    This is still bugged for month now.

Alpha Centauri Block, no Unimatrix.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited January 2015
    We have a fix for this inbound. It's not yet been tested, so I don't have a E.T.A. for it.
    STO QA Team
  • Options
    edited January 2015
    We have a fix for this inbound. It's not yet been tested, so I don't have a E.T.A. for it.

Thanks for your response :)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    khamseenairkhamseenair Member Posts: 2,640 Bug Hunter
    edited January 2015

Tested? I thought that's what Holodeck was for? :P

Sorry, but after spending fifteen minutes hunting for an Omega particle in orbit of Bajor which clearly does not exist, I couldn't resist.
    Join date is wrong, I've actually been around since STO Beta.
    True alters don't have a "main". Account wide unlocks for all unique event rewards!!
  • Options
    hosanin#8084 hosanin Member Posts: 46 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    Tested? I thought that's what Holodeck was for? :P

Sorry, but after spending fifteen minutes hunting for an Omega particle in orbit of Bajor which clearly does not exist, I couldn't resist.

^So true....

But seriously, this isn't the first time this has happened...does your old hotfix still exist or did someone just forget their coffee before doing the code again? :D