test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

ESD and Academy Lag

lordatrocitieslordatrocities Member Posts: 462 Arc User
Just wondering if any one else is having the issue of server lag, regardless of instnace, on ESD or at the Academy? I am also having the same problem on New Romulus and Qon'os.

I looked over the forum but didn't see any info and the search feature just takes me to a blank Perfect World page. Not sure what that is about.

If you have over come the lag issue please post how. I have tried mulltiple low pop instances with no real change.

Thanks.
What happened to those unique forum ranks I paid for?
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    crusader2007crusader2007 Member Posts: 1,823 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    Just wondering if any one else is having the issue of server lag, regardless of instnace, on ESD or at the Academy? I am also having the same problem on New Romulus and Qon'os.

I looked over the forum but didn't see any info and the search feature just takes me to a blank Perfect World page. Not sure what that is about.

If you have over come the lag issue please post how. I have tried mulltiple low pop instances with no real change.

Thanks.

There a few threads on this issue already:

http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1361601
    DUwNP.gif

• Options
    ussprometheus79ussprometheus79 Member Posts: 727 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    Yes, many, many threads. There really is no need to keep creating more. Usually the first 2/3 pages of the forum are good.
    If you've come to the forums to complain about the AFK system, it's known to be bugged at the moment.
  • Options
    edited January 2015
    There a few threads on this issue already:

http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1361601

Thanks. I looked and didn't see any. I kept being taken to a blank Perfect World page. Was getting quite pissed about it.

Please lock theread - Thanks.
  • Options
    taolen7780taolen7780 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    When they shoved everything go wrong anniversary
  • Options
    tigerariestigeraries Member Posts: 3,492 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    they need to limit each zone to 10 people max... lag in those areas is terrible.
  • Options
    pweadamanteuspweadamanteus Member Posts: 117 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    Thank you for the reports everyone.

We are aware of the lag/rubberbanding in the social zones like ESD, New Romulus, etc. and this is expected to fully clear up in 2-3 days but you should see improvement shortly as people complete their patching and log in for the first time post patch.

We'll be monitoring this over the next few days.
  • Options
    origcaptainquackorigcaptainquack Member Posts: 614 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    your such a liar, that rubber banding is not going to clear itself up. are you that TRIBBLE, that you cant even figure that out?
  • Options
    edited January 2015

We are aware of the lag/rubberbanding in the social zones like ESD, New Romulus, etc. and this is expected to clear up in 2-3 days as people complete their patching and log in for the first time post patch.

I'm confused, surely more people patching and logging in has the potential to create more, not alleviate in anyway. Or is there some connection to the patchservers and the social hubs where the issue is more prevalent?
    If you've come to the forums to complain about the AFK system, it's known to be bugged at the moment.
  • Options
    jam3s1701jam3s1701 Member Posts: 1,825 Arc User
    edited January 2015

We are aware of the lag/rubberbanding in the social zones like ESD, New Romulus, etc. and this is expected to clear up in 2-3 days as people complete their patching and log in for the first time post patch.

So without sounds flippent your asking people not to play until let's say Tuesday?? :-(
    JtaDmwW.png
  • Options
    jasonl21jasonl21 Member Posts: 121 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    your such a liar, that rubber banding is not going to clear itself up. are you that TRIBBLE, that you cant even figure that out?

Seriously do you have to be so frickin rude and offensive to one group of society? :mad:
  • Options
    edited January 2015
    no hes saying that as we all log in and done our patching that it will fix itself, this guy knows nothing about how the mechanics work. even an idiot knows better then that

and yes i do considering he suppose to fix it not let it fix itself .
  • Options
    edited January 2015
    no hes saying that as we all log in and done our patching that it will fix itself, this guy knows nothing about how the mechanics work. even an idiot knows better then that.

Yeah the way you phrased it was a bit offensive dude, but hopefully just borne of frustration.
  • Options
    isrorisror Member Posts: 52 Arc User
    edited January 2015

Mr. Madison, what you've just said is one of the most insanely idiotic things I have ever heard. At no point in your rambling, incoherent response were you even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought. Everyone in this room is now dumber for having listened to it. I award you no points, and may God have mercy on your soul.
  • Options
    edited January 2015
    ok, maybe your right, but ............... ........ ........ ....... ..... !!!!!!
  • Options
    edited January 2015

Thank you for the update. However I sincerely doubt that this is the cause unless the server's for downloads are the same ones used for ESD and such. Hopefully thigns will smooth out soon.
  • Options
    kdawgenigmakdawgenigma Member Posts: 300 Arc User
    edited January 2015

Seriously?

-Rule of Acquisition #113: Always have sex with the boss.
    -I am one of the many victims from the hijacked Caspian Division.
    I will not let the childish acts of a criminal ruin this game for me.
    -The actions of Cryptic, on the other hand......
  • Options
    m1957flaxm1957flax Member Posts: 172 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    May I ask politely Mr. Cryptic, that you might be wrong?
    Is there not a slight possibility that your omega collecting minigame might have something to do with the extreme rubberbanding that players experience especially in ESD and the Academy?
  • Options
    czertik123czertik123 Member Posts: 1,122 Arc User
    edited January 2015

We are aware of the lag/rubberbanding in the social zones like ESD, New Romulus, etc. and this is expected to fully clear up in 2-3 days but you'll should see improvement shortly as people complete their patching and log in for the first time post patch.

can you pls more elobarate HOW downloading of patch of some loaction can slow down it for others ?
  • Options
    edited January 2015
    jasonl21 wrote: »
    Seriously do you have to be so frickin rude and offensive to one group of society? :mad:

well, when he see that guy is outright lying or just visibly incopetent for that job,what he have to react ?
  • Options
    isrorisror Member Posts: 52 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    czertik123 wrote: »
    can you pls more elobarate HOW downloading of patch of some loaction can slow down it for others ?

They can't because they just proved that nobody there can accurately diagnose SERVER side congestion and the need for better load balancing. They are probably using some third party script monitoring services and initial core launch to offload onto another core. They don't know what to do with it because they only hire people to sit on Social Media and display videos of content "working."

"Hey check us out on facebook...Oh! Watch us on Twitch...Better get those Tweets in..."
  • Options
    otowiotowi Member Posts: 600 Arc User
    edited January 2015

We are aware of the lag/rubberbanding in the social zones like ESD, New Romulus, etc. and this is expected to fully clear up in 2-3 days but you should see improvement shortly as people complete their patching and log in for the first time post patch.

czertik123 wrote: »

I would like to echo this. Are your download servers also game servers?? If that's the case, you're doing it wrong.

I have never heard of a case where peeps downloading a patch will cause a mini game to fail. Your statement, Adamanteus, makes no sense what so ever, please try again, with more passion this time...
  • Options
    joshmaaaaaaansjoshmaaaaaaans Member Posts: 32 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    Why the **** is this not addressed yet?

Come on, where's the forum post or even a tweet to let us know it's being worked on.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited January 2015
    i admit i should not resort to name calling but this responce from a mod/dev is just ludicrous. yes got an emotional responce. they need to get someone who knows how to fix cryptic engine and do it. where is d'angelo or however you spell his name?
  • Options
    josephdridgewayjosephdridgeway Member Posts: 517 Arc User
    edited January 2015

So, basically what you are saying is, "Hey Look!! We have new things to do on ESD and SFA!! Q-minigames! Happy Anniversary to US!!

Oh, by the way, the minigames are UNPLAYABLE until EVERYONE patches the game! So, TELL ALL YOUR FRIENDS!! Order them to patch up the game, so you can play our new content!!"

I say "Uh, no way Dude. Anyone who knows ANYTHING about computer software knows that lag and rubberbanding is NOT fixed by adding more stress to the system"
    Fleet Admiral Joseph D. Ridgeway
    The Armada
    Original join date: Feb 5, 2010
    Twitter: @davejl_99, & @STO_BBArmada
  • Options
    edited January 2015
    Thank you for the update. However I sincerely doubt that this is the cause unless the server's for downloads are the same ones used for ESD and such. Hopefully thigns will smooth out soon.

well, if they have same server for dowloads and game - then it is posible and explain some things. But that raise so much unpeasant questions - what kind of idiot is responsible fro this ? where all that money earned from dr sale - most sucesful in history of sto by cryptic (and that was oficialy said) - go ? clearly it was no to expand servers capacity to limit problems/overloads and not to bigger team to help with fixing of game code.
  • Options
    pweadamanteuspweadamanteus Member Posts: 117 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    We know what is causing it and we know that it will be fully cleared up in 2-3 days. You may start seeing improvement even before that. There is a system that is working through a quick change when you first log in post patch. With the high number of logins the first day or two it is causing that lag just in the social zones.
  • Options
    edited January 2015
    We know what is causing it and we know that it will be fully cleared up in 2-3 days. You may start seeing improvement even before that. There is a system that is working through a quick change when you first log in post patch. With the high number of logins the first day or two it is causing that lag just in the social zones.

No chance of allocating extra server resources to clear this up?
  • Options
    otowiotowi Member Posts: 600 Arc User
    edited January 2015

How about no.

This is clearly a bug. It's happening not only in ESD space, but also Defera AFAIK.

Your statements makes no sense at all. A bug is a bug, and trying to deflect by saying it's peeps logging in is just not true...
  • Options
    g0delg0del Member Posts: 28 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    Let me guess - when you first log in, a script has to run to convert all your boffs from the old-style (4 ground and 4 space skills) to the new style (as many skills as you care to learn)? Because I could see that causing some real database slowdowns, which would affect all sorts of other systems. If that's it, it will probably be over as soon as the majority of players have logged in at least once, i.e. in 2-3 days once the weekend is over.
    Official STARFLEET DENTAL Bug Hunter
  • Options
    josephdridgewayjosephdridgeway Member Posts: 517 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    This is what you should have written the first time:

Not this:

See the difference? In the top quote, you are telling us that you have already got a fix in the pipeline, and it needs to propogate through the system as people patch. In the bottom quote, there is NO MENTION of a fix, just that people need to patch the game to fix the problem.

This is how misunderstandings happen. And, this is why the current attitude on the forums is so prevalant.
    Fleet Admiral Joseph D. Ridgeway
    The Armada
    Original join date: Feb 5, 2010
    Twitter: @davejl_99, & @STO_BBArmada