test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

A very serious BUG, steal account. TEAM INVESTIGATING

captiandata1captiandata1 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
edited January 2015 in PC Gameplay Bug Reports
A very serious steal account BUG.

Login STO is a serious BUG, STO login using proxy settings option EU1 or EU2, US1 US2, so you can skip the security verification mailboxes in other areas outside of login account. This is a serious BUG, me and my friend's account has been stolen, hoping to quickly fix this BUG.

Methods: Open STO logger -> Options-> Game-> Gameplay proxy -> EU or US.
Post edited by captiandata1 on

Comments

• Options
    edited January 2015
    Well no one concerned about this issue? I hope the management can see, and then to solve this problem, I'm sorry my English is not very good.
  • Options
    kthangkthang Member Posts: 172 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    If I understand you correctly you say the account access verification through email is "elegantly" skipped if someone just sets the proxy manually?

If so, then yes this is quite disturbing. Please in 1,2,3 and so on steps tell us what happened to you and your friend and how you came to discover this.
  • Options
    crypticfrostcrypticfrost Member Posts: 1,479 Cryptic Developer
    edited January 2015
    Thanks for the report. I'll pass it on. Any additional details that can be provided are good. Feel free to PM me if you prefer.
    STO QA Team
  • Options
    reximuzreximuz Member Posts: 1,172 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    Well no one concerned about this issue? I hope the management can see, and then to solve this problem, I'm sorry my English is not very good.

You posted this in the middle of the night for Cryptic employees, that is why it didn't get a fast response.
  • Options
    edited January 2015
    kthang wrote: »
    If I understand you correctly you say the account access verification through email is "elegantly" skipped if someone just sets the proxy manually?

If so, then yes this is quite disturbing. Please in 1,2,3 and so on steps tell us what happened to you and your friend and how you came to discover this.

When I travel to a country in Europe, and when I am ready to log on STO, the network situation is not very good, so I'm going to set up a proxy server to connect game STO login, and then found the BUG. And my account ZEN gone.
  • Options
    edited January 2015
    Thanks for the report. I'll pass it on. Any additional details that can be provided are good. Feel free to PM me if you prefer.

Simply set the STO logger, using the game agency, you can skip the mailbox security verification. I think this is very simple, you can try, if you have any further questions, please contact me. Also: Neverwinter Nights also have this problem.
  • Options
    jarvisandalfredjarvisandalfred Member Posts: 1,549 Bug Hunter
    edited January 2015
    When I travel to a country in Europe, and when I am ready to log on STO, the network situation is not very good, so I'm going to set up a proxy server to connect game STO login, and then found the BUG. And my account ZEN gone.

If I had to guess: There's just one exit IP address for the proxy. So, after you log on once via that proxy, it saves your login via the exit IP address as being legit, so anyone who logs in via the proxy has the same exit IP address, and is thus confirmed as legit.
    SCM - Crystal C. (S) - [00:12] DMG(DPS) - @jarvisandalfred: 8.63M(713.16K) - Fed Sci

SCM - Hive (S) - [02:31] DMG(DPS) - @jarvisandalfred: 30.62M(204.66K) - Fed Sci

Tacs are overrated.

Game's best wiki

Build questions? Look here!
  • Options
    edited January 2015

Should I get a reward ZEN, at least the right to compensate my loss? How do I contact you?
  • Options
    kamenriderzero1kamenriderzero1 Member Posts: 906 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    YOUR loss?

I thought you said that this was your friends problem...?
    Everywhere I look, people are screaming about how bad Cryptic is.
    What's my position?
    That people should know what they're screaming about!
    (paraphrased from "The Newsroom)