What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

after omega minigame mess, just put 1k qmendations into the mission

2»

Comments

• dabaddabadabaddaba Member Posts: 39 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    bergins wrote: »
    Are there any major portions of this patch that are working as stated? Notice I didn't say Working as Intended, since I wonder more and more if he playerbase is just being trolled.

I'm sure the reduction of marks in CCA and Fleet alert are working just fine, then again I didn't even bother to check. After wasting my time on this omega particle joke I just logged off.

I didn't even try the featured episode due to the timegates they put on the mission reward. Another timegate really?

I was actually looking forward to this anniversary event, now I'm just annoyed.
  • lb45lb45 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    dabaddaba wrote: »
    I'm sure the reduction of marks in CCA and Fleet alert are working just fine, then again I didn't even bother to check. After wasting my time on this omega particle joke I just logged off.

I didn't even try the featured episode due to the timegates they put on the mission reward. Another timegate really?

I was actually looking forward to this anniversary event, now I'm just annoyed.
    Yea, I was wondering about that. How does the timegate on the mission reward work?
  • ovrkylovrkyl Member Posts: 309 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    Haven't even made it to the event mission you have to play at least THREE TIMES.

2 steps forward and 3 steps back is NOT fun.

Haven't made it far enough to do the Omega minigame and, from what I've heard, why bother?

Wait, the BOff ability system is screwed? Didn't I put my 2 cents in on another thread about my outrage over a revamp of a system that didn't need to be fixed over issues that have been "known" for YEARS and haven't even been breathed on? Is this a surprise then that the "oh-so-needed-revamp" DOESN'T WORK?

After a month-and-a-half of WWBS with "if it's not broken, fix it 'til it is", the devs are sure showing that they don't give one rat's TRIBBLE$ about this game or any semblance of Q&A.

Is it foretelling that the "Omega" is showing up more and more often in the last few months? Having it start showing up during the sphere's introduction and becoming more and more prevalent as time goes on, makes you wonder if there's a motive or meaning to it ("Omega" being an ending).

Yah yah, diss this as a "doom" post, but I'd put more stock in a game that was actually DEVeloped by employees that seemed like they'd at least be able to put a simple print-loop program together in BASIC.

Once again, I REGRET paying for a lifetime sub. THIS. IS. WHY.

Oh, and nice propaganda with the whole "overwhelming" Vaadwaur player's reception.
    "The response we have seen to players’ interactions with the Vaadwaur enemy group has been overwhelmingly positive since the launch of Delta Rising. From their tactics to their equipment and visual effects, and even right down to their wardrobe, players have almost unanimously voiced support and admiration for their newfound nemeses."
    What crack have you been smoking and what forums have you been reading? The ones left over after you REMOVE threads that are critical of the changes you've made to a once-AWESOME game?

Ugh...:mad:I used to rave about this game, wanting all my family and friends that played MMOs to come play it. Lately I regret playing it myself...
    This is my signature. There are many like it, but this one is mine.
  • neoakiraiineoakiraii Member Posts: 7,468 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    i want 2,000 becasue of raisins
    GwaoHAD.png
  • blakes7tvseriesblakes7tvseries Member Posts: 704 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    neoakiraii wrote: »
    i want 2,000 becasue of raisins

My son loved Spider Man, was a great kid, and died from Cancer.

I don't think your signature is funny at all and insults those who died.

I will be praying for you in hopes that one day you might understand better.

One more thing Shame On You!!!
    download.jpg
  • berginsbergins Member Posts: 3,453 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    ovrkyl wrote: »
    Ugh...:mad:I used to rave about this game, wanting all my family and friends that played MMOs to come play it. Lately I regret playing it myself...
    Guy I work with used to play STO on a casual basis. He got super-involved with a guild on WoW and stopped playing STO. Last year, I actually got him to log in and play for a bit. Then the &#*+ started happening and I can't bring myself to encourage him to play anymore. Today I mentioned in passing that the 5 Year Anniversary was starting. He said "Oh, really?" All I could say from there was that the servers would be down for a bit. Would have felt guilty saying more. That isn't the way we should feel when telling others about this game.
    "Logic is a little tweeting bird chirping in a meadow. Logic is a wreath of pretty flowers which smell BAD." - Spock
  • ovrkylovrkyl Member Posts: 309 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    It took me this long...

...to find Q in presents...

...as in which one of the THREE Qs is the REAL Q in which present...

...because I couldn't catch Q...

...due to the overwhelming lag and rubberbanding...

...for the Party Patrol daily mission...

...and then wait to beam up to ESD...

...and wait...

...and wait...

...and then bounce around ESD...

...to finally reach Q...

...for FIVE :mad: MOTHER@#$%ING :mad: MARKS!?!?!?
    This is my signature. There are many like it, but this one is mine.
  • baxhatrixbaxhatrix Member Posts: 24 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    My son loved Spider Man, was a great kid, and died from Cancer.

I don't think your signature is funny at all and insults those who died.

I will be praying for you in hopes that one day you might understand better.

One more thing Shame On You!!!

How is a siggy with multiple Spock's offensive? :confused:
  • berginsbergins Member Posts: 3,453 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    baxhatrix wrote: »
    How is a siggy with multiple Spock's offensive? :confused:

At the time of the post you are questioning, the sig was a pic of Spiderman in a hospital bed with the caption "Your Lag... Gave me Cancer."

Frankly, if people want to get upset about a sig, there's one floating around that should offend anyone who has had a loved one commit suicide. The headless redshirt with a phaser laying next to them? Yeah...
    "Logic is a little tweeting bird chirping in a meadow. Logic is a wreath of pretty flowers which smell BAD." - Spock
  • jarfarujarfaru Member Posts: 572 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    This is like a bad joke played on us all. And to top it off the stupid loadout bug is back as soon as they added this ani TRIBBLE to the game. Its so freaking pathetic that they can't even get their own 5 year ani right. They have zero excuse for this. And the loadout bug is a year old and they can't even fix that. You know what they will do too. Put out a lame hotfix that will break something else. So freaking pathetic.
  • baxhatrixbaxhatrix Member Posts: 24 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    At the time of the post you are questioning, the sig was a pic of Spiderman in a hospital bed with the caption "Your Lag... Gave me Cancer."

Frankly, if people want to get upset about a sig, there's one floating around that should offend anyone who has had a loved one commit suicide. The headless redshirt with a phaser laying next to them? Yeah...

I've had people die from cancer and suicide. Neither sig would have offended me.

But I'm a rational person with thick skin, and common sense enough to know that words on a screen or a picture in a signature doesn't hurt me and ceases to exist once I hit the little X in the top right corner of the screen.

Maybe the offended should take to Twitter like all the other internet activists do. Change the world 148 characters at a time with their faux outrage, instead of really doing something.
  • markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,236 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    I've managed to complete it on two characters. It just that the busiest maps are the worst bugged.
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg
  • thatcursedwolfthatcursedwolf Member Posts: 1,617 Arc User
    edited January 2015

I've had a friend die of cancer.

I'm not offended.

I had a friend kill himself drunk driving.

I don't get offended by drunk drivers on COPS.

If everyone was offended by anything that killed anyone they knew no one would be able to talk to anyone else.
    This is my Risian Corvette. There are many like it, but this one is mine.
  • redheadguyredheadguy Member Posts: 423 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    After the fiasco with "Tides of Ice" and it's accolades etc. I'd have thought they'd atleast try to do some serious QA on their upcoming events.

There's a saying about history, mistakes and learning that comes to mind.

the mistake your making is to ASSume the dev's care that this stuff works. The only thing that Cryptic cares about now is milking the metrics. I don't think they even care if the content is fun to play any more, so long as they have us logging in every day.
    [SIGPIC]

[/SIGPIC]
  • lored2deathlored2death Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    raddamus wrote: »
    What a mess. Celebrating 5 years of the game with this snafu. Cryptic should be ashamed :o

Well...it *IS* indicitive of what STO has become. Happy Anniversary!
  • millimidgetmillimidget Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    baxhatrix wrote: »
    Maybe the offended should take to Twitter like all the other internet activists do. Change the world 148 characters at a time with their faux outrage, instead of really doing something.
    #BringBackOurGirls

....oh wait, that did nothing.

PS: Zero problems completing the omega particle traces. I just need to know if it has hotkeys associated with it. ESD is ****ed.
    "Tolerance and apathy are the last virtues of a dying society." - Aristotle
  • tigerariestigeraries Member Posts: 3,492 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    mini game isnt bad... it's getting to 3 different areas to do it...

could of given us a transwarp to each location...

sure as hell not gonna do this once this is over. it's not fun at all.
  • rosetyler51rosetyler51 Member Posts: 1,631 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    After my soup was cold, just make my next 10 meals free.
    edited January 2015
    btw i am thankful some toons have 400 already from last year... now 800... grind this mini game for 5 days and be done with it...

some toons are not so lucky... not here from last year... so need to grind the full 600 doing this cruddy mini game where you need to go to 3 different locations.
    edited January 2015
    ok i take that back... this mini game is total junk.

on fed toon, ferengi and the ESD scan can not be done at all... lag is amazing bad there.

mini game starts up and ends almost immediately. zero points with a red trace.

on my nausicaan i could get up to 1k points...

off to check out how bad this at andoria and ds9 and drozana...