not getting promotion quests. no new ships

jst455jst455 Member Posts: 193 Arc User
edited January 2015 in PC Gameplay Bug Reports
not getting promotion quests. no new ships

leveled to lt cmdr
then leveled to cmdr.

no promotion quests were offered.
none are available

KDF side... (Don't know if FED is working)
Actual Join Date: Feb 2009
Post edited by jst455 on

Comments

• Options
    bberge1701bberge1701 Member Posts: 726 Bug Hunter
    edited January 2015
    Have you spent all your experience points on skills? Been a while, but I think that might be a contributing factor.
  • Options
    davefenestratordavefenestrator Member Posts: 10,512 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    Are you doing the story missions?

In KDF you don't get any ships until you complete the story with Worf and the one House, no matter how high you rank up.

FYI, as KDF you can get a Plasmonic Leech console for all KDF and Rom-KDF alts by buying the Nausicaan destroyer (for 1,000 zen). That's commander-level.
  • Options
    edited January 2015
    yes to both
    spent points. doing story missions

im commander now flying my own purchased ship because i'm not getting the promotion missions and free ships
  • Options
    crypticfrostcrypticfrost Member Posts: 1,479 Cryptic Developer
    edited January 2015
    The KDF mission Test of Mettle gives you your first new ship. That mission also unlocks the subsequent promotion missions. Normally, this mission is reached at about level 10, but with double XP running, your level is probably advancing faster than the mission flow.
    STO QA Team
  • Options
    edited January 2015
    The KDF mission Test of Mettle gives you your first new ship. That mission also unlocks the subsequent promotion missions. Normally, this mission is reached at about level 10, but with double XP running, your level is probably advancing faster than the mission flow.

think your answer is correct.

strange error but only due to the xp. i am not yet at test of mettle.

thanks for answer !

:)

is FED side also tied to a specific mission? if so do you know which mission?

thanks
  • Options
    davefenestratordavefenestrator Member Posts: 10,512 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    No, Fed is purely by rank. This bit me too when I was leveling up a KDF character last year during another double XP period. I wondered why I kept blowing up then realized I was still flying my puny starter ship against Commander level enemies.
  • Options
    edited January 2015
    No, Fed is purely by rank. This bit me too when I was leveling up a KDF character last year during another double XP period. I wondered why I kept blowing up then realized I was still flying my puny starter ship against Commander level enemies.

thanks. need to level FED side also

• Options
    capitainegueudrycapitainegueudry Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    Hi!

Got similar bug TWICE and don't know if I should be upset or depressed... ?

Reached Captain Rank, received a ship requisition and a recycling token from amiral Quinn.
    Go to shipyard, choose the captain rank cruiser.
    Go to ships selection, ship does not appear. But requisition token has been spend so no more available.
    Fill up a in-game bug report.

Next day, no news from STO, I want the ship, so I pay 80000 Dilithium to get it.
    Go to ships selection, ship DOES NOT APPEAR again! But, of course, Dilithium has been well spent and no more available on account.
    Fill up a second in-game bug report.

:-(
  • Options
    crypticfrostcrypticfrost Member Posts: 1,479 Cryptic Developer
    edited January 2015
    Hi!

Reached Captain Rank, received a ship requisition and a recycling token from amiral Quinn.
    Go to ships selection, ship does not appear. But requisition token has been spend so no more available.

Next day, no news from STO, I want the ship, so I pay 80000 Dilithium to get it.
    Go to ships selection, ship DOES NOT APPEAR again! But, of course, Dilithium has been well spent and no more available on account.

If you've not done so, please file a Support ticket at https://support.arcgames.com/.
    STO QA Team
  • Options
    druhindruhin Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    jst455 wrote: »
    think your answer is correct.

strange error but only due to the xp. i am not yet at test of mettle.

thanks for answer !

is FED side also tied to a specific mission? if so do you know which mission?

thanks

Not a "strange error" at all. It's called poor design by the developers.
  • Options
    jarenriccarjarenriccar Member Posts: 248 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    druhin wrote: »
    Not a "strange error" at all. It's called poor design by the developers.

not poor design, its just like with the romulan content you have to play the missions til the point where you choose your faction. besides, they have that fancy "Skip" button in the mission select to allow getting to "test of mettle" whenever you get to the right level, then you can go back and do the others. and its been mentioned several times in various forum threads that "test of mettle" is when you get your first new ship

only fix i see needing made is something ingame mentioning that you should have done that mission to get the ship when you hit Lt Commander, i.e.

Mission, promotion to Lt Cmdr
    Optional*Report to Chancellor J'mpok on Qo'nos for promotion ceremony

note: in order to receive new ship, player needs to have
    completed "Test of Mettle" prior to this mission

I figure that looks about right
    27507930894_3855d74146_o.jpg

• Options
    mustrumridcully0mustrumridcully0 Member Posts: 12,963 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    Hi!

Check if your inventory bag shows the overflow bag button. Make sure you have enough room in your inventory and try to open it (sometimes it takes a re-log to convince the bag to open, I haven't figured out what is causing it to be openable or not openable...).

It could be the ship first went to your inventory, to immediatey npack and go to your ships - but the inventory was full, the "pack" containing the ship went to the overflow bag, and didn't open.

Even if that works, you should try to contact support - I don't know if there is a realistic hope, but maybe you can get your Dilithium back.
    Star Trek Online Advancement: You start with lowbie gear, you end with Lobi gear.