Options

AskRay

Comments

• Options
    equinox976equinox976 Member Posts: 2,277 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    vekares227 wrote: »
    I think you need to look up the word "Volunteer"

I think you need to look up the word "Plonker" :)
  • Options
    virusdancervirusdancer Member Posts: 18,687 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    Doesn't the pod cast guy do it now as well?

I think this would be a nifty thread for midnite to close...
  • Options
    ussprometheus79ussprometheus79 Member Posts: 727 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    shazia9191 wrote: »
    Jason joined the forums in January 2015. He's obviously had a lot of time to come to his sound -- and false -- conclusion, and he will defend it with his long history of posting here.

Yeah epic fail there dude. Being a recent member, does not mean they haven't been around reading the threads for information or help or news etc. :rolleyes:
    If you've come to the forums to complain about the AFK system, it's known to be bugged at the moment.
  • Options
    edited January 2015
    No it's not. Reading/lurking and active participation are completely different. Reading a forum doesn't put one in conversation with others who are using the forums. He's also most likely had zero one-on-one contact with mods on the forums via PMs, dealt with warnings or been subject to moderation, etc.

My point is entirely valid. I watch Wolf Blitzer drone away on CNN all the time, but maybe one-on-one he's a funny, charismatic guy (I doubt it, but I'll never know without that interaction).

I respect your opinion, but I believe you are wrong. Reading threads and the responses back and forth etc where they are public allows you to form an opinion. The more you read, the stronger that opinion can be as you can see interactions across a variety of situations. So I can't really say your point is valid I'm afraid.

Never heard of Wolf Blitzer....
    If you've come to the forums to complain about the AFK system, it's known to be bugged at the moment.
  • Options
    captainoblivouscaptainoblivous Member Posts: 2,284 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    Woohoo! Lock plz!
    I need a beer.

• Options
    edited January 2015
    That's perfectly fine if you believe I am wrong and I am OK with that. I disagreed with Jason's opinion and was happy to leave it at "lol," but he couldn't seem to handle other people having differing opinions without dragging it out into an argument. I look forward to his long and successful posting life here on the STO official forums.

I think the problem was the tone of your post probably gave rise to that. It did seemed to be tinged with a bit of vitriol to draw something out. But I think at this stage it'd be best if we all just let this thread go now.
  • Options
    edited January 2015
    Actually I'd like to see the OP come back to the thread, as I believe every good captain should go down with their ship.

Nah dude, be better than that. Let it go. If they have a legitimate grievance and it's been reported, it'll get dealt with. But whatever happens as a result of that is not for us to know.
  • Options
    edited January 2015
    Hope we do know, it's entertainment at it's best when a Forum Fairy rages a thread poster. :rolleyes:

Umm, k. /10char
  • Options
    edited January 2015
    Cool, thanks for your input, and thanks for keeping this thread going after you yourself told all of us to let it go. Please keep up this quality posting.

And this is what I mean about your earlier post. :rolleyes:
  • Options
    markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,231 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    Actually I'd like to see the OP come back to the thread, as I believe every good captain should go down with their ship.
    He might be "on vacation". I'm guessing Tahiti. It's a magical place. :P
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg
  • Options
    erikossserikosss Member Posts: 65 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    It is sound IT practice for a software company to survey users for input and produce a prioritized list of issues and enhancements.

Developers can then work on this list, make users happy and make money from their product release as more people buy it.

I think the author of this thread was trying to do such a survey to help STO devs.
    I think this was a positive and productive initiative

I wish more STO threads were like this.
    Certainly I'm happy to spend money on a game that is enjoyable and fun.

At the moment, STO has slide back into a unreasonable grind that is not fun.

Even worse is grinding to craft or upgrade then get a random mod that ruins your ship build, has become a depressing game.
  • Options
    edited January 2015
    I'm keeping thread in the same spirit as the OP. But let's not digress: your posts are very good quality. some of the best I've seen here. If only more people could answer in two words, leaving absolutely nothing of value on the thread, this place would really reach a new golden age.

Sarcasm, wonderful. That last post, you attacked me with vitriol for no real reason. You could have been constructive, but you weren't. See?
  • Options
    prometheusnxprometheusnx Member Posts: 61 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    I'm keeping thread in the same spirit as the OP. But let's not digress: your posts are very good quality. some of the best I've seen here. If only more people could answer in two words, leaving absolutely nothing of value on the thread, this place would really reach a new golden age.

Hmmmm, troll bad, no? This thread really needs locked.
  • Options
    equinox976equinox976 Member Posts: 2,277 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    Hmmmm, troll bad, no? This thread really needs locked.

Shut up! I haven't finished my popcorn yet!

Tsk!
  • Options
    cidjackcidjack Member Posts: 2,017 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    Every once in a while a thread leaves me in total shock of how much someone likes to skew the rules to prove their point. Thank you for laugh!!
    Armada: Multiplying fleet projects in need of dilithium by 13."
    95bced8038c91ec6f880d510e6fd302f366a776c4c5761e5f7931d491667a45e.jpgvia Imgflip Meme Generator
  • Options
    kristaswiftkristaswift Member Posts: 306 Arc User
    edited January 2015

sorry but was chocking when I read this...Best ever...wonder what are the worst post you consider of "good quality"....

Im amazed this thread hasnt closed down or the OP muted/ban yet. Personal attacks are of not "good quality" in any reality :eek:
  • Options
    magusofborgmagusofborg Member Posts: 186 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    vekares227 wrote: »
    You recently closed a post of mine on asking people ideas for a petition, no where in my post was there a solicitation for signatures or people to even agree with me, it was me asking questions to other people on this forum. I made no derogatory remark towards any single individual.

I understand that this forum does not have to go under the rules of free speech, but I feel there was nothing in my post that required it to be closed. Myself and 43 other members of my fleet have requested your removal from this forum in a moderator capacity. We have a sister fleet with 25 more members also filing complaints. I have more than enough to write a petition, I wanted to work out what the general population is the most upset with and how we can word that into getting this game the improvements it needs. I know this post will be closed as well as i mention you by name. I just wanted you to know your unprofessional behavior is unacceptable on any level.

Poor newbie, doesn't like being put in his place.
    Joined August 2009
  • Options
    abfabfleetabfabfleet Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    OP, really?! Yeah, uhm, they need to ban you from the forums. :rolleyes:
  • Options
    chiyoumikuchiyoumiku Member Posts: 1,028 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    Rules are rules. Even in RL. You break them and consequences are abound. And if you don't like the rules. than Oh well.
    Sekhmet_Banner.jpg
    Defending The Galaxy By Breaking One Starfleet Regulation After The Next.
  • Options
    mirrorterranmirrorterran Member Posts: 423 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    Hmm...6 pages of butthurt and foolishness and not a single topic to even have a "petition" over. Good job I guess.
This discussion has been closed.