test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Any way to select which bridge officer has dialogue?

tiro100tiro100 Member Posts: 73 Arc User
edited January 2015 in The Academy
This is a purely aesthetic issue that I have run into recently. In my usual away team, I have two tactical officers, who I'll call Boff A and Boff B. For the longest time Boff A has had the dialogue on away missions, which I actually liked. However recently, after I remade Boff A, Boff B has been getting the dialogue. I have tried switching around the order of my boffs, tried messing with department heads, nothing has worked. At this point the only way to give Boff A the dialogue is to take Boff B out of the away team, which I prefer not to do because I like having two tac Boff's in my party.

Is there any known way around this?
Playing STO on and off since January 2nd, 2011!
Post edited by tiro100 on

Comments

• Options
    furiontassadarfuriontassadar Member Posts: 475 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    A couple of things to try, if you haven't already:

1. Try reorganizing your standard away team list in the stations section. This also effects who shows up with you on the log in screen, as well. Maybe make sure the Tactical officer you want to be speaking is near the top of the standard away team list? Try shifting them around on this list, in general?

2. I know that in space missions, who talks is based on what station they are at. For example, if the mission calls for a tactical officer to speak, it will be the tactical officer in the highest ranking bridge officer seat that speaks. Maybe this effects who talks on the ground as well?
    "There will never be enough blood to wash away my need for vengeance! A single world...I could destroy a million worlds and it would not be enough! Your existence is an insult to the memory of my people! I will continue my fight, even if I must fight alone!"
  • Options
    captainoblivouscaptainoblivous Member Posts: 2,284 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    It used to be that the "department heads" selection in the DOFF ui would affect this, but as far as I can tell this broke some time ago and I haven't tried it recently to see if it works anymore.
    To be perfectly honest, I don't know if it's even there anymore as I haven't checked that part of the DOFF system since they decided to change the UI a few months back.
    I need a beer.

• Options
    tiro100tiro100 Member Posts: 73 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    A couple of things to try, if you haven't already:

1. Try reorganizing your standard away team list in the stations section. This also effects who shows up with you on the log in screen, as well. Maybe make sure the Tactical officer you want to be speaking is near the top of the standard away team list? Try shifting them around on this list, in general?

2. I know that in space missions, who talks is based on what station they are at. For example, if the mission calls for a tactical officer to speak, it will be the tactical officer in the highest ranking bridge officer seat that speaks. Maybe this effects who talks on the ground as well?

Tried reorganizing the standard away team. No changes. I could try getting a lesser ranking boff, but since all my boffs are commander, it would be impossible to tell if it's due to rank or seniority without extensive testing.
    It used to be that the "department heads" selection in the DOFF ui would affect this, but as far as I can tell this broke some time ago and I haven't tried it recently to see if it works anymore.
    To be perfectly honest, I don't know if it's even there anymore as I haven't checked that part of the DOFF system since they decided to change the UI a few months back.

The department heads section is still there, but i'm not sure what it does these days.
    Playing STO on and off since January 2nd, 2011!