test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Command Specialization

pwlaughingtrendypwlaughingtrendy Member Posts: 2,966 Arc User
We have a new Captain Specialization coming that offers additional advancement opportunities, exciting new abilities, and a whole new set of options for building out your captain's capabilities!

Learn more about it here.

~LaughingTrendy
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• xxxseadog117xxxxxxseadog117xxx Member Posts: 131 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    That command frequency trait tho
    Kurland Here Kurland Here This is Kurland Kurland Kurland Here Kurland, Do you copy?

chiyoumiku wrote: »
    Here's a Tissue for your Issue.
  • reginamala78reginamala78 Member Posts: 4,593 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    A full team running Command with Superfluous Emitters, Achilles Heel, and Debilitating Weakness.... :rolleyes:
  • wast33wast33 Member Posts: 1,855 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    eeerm.... lemme ask why this not has been brought to the forums when it initially was posted on the arc-side?
    old news stay old ;)...
  • worffan101worffan101 Member Posts: 9,518 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    Looks like Intel will be the solo/PVP spec, whereas everyone's going to be speccing Command if they're on a team.

Looks cool.
  • ulukayxulukayx Member Posts: 80 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    Please make sure the runspeed boost won't work in next years winter event area. (and movement speed boosts like the one from the Delta rep in general)
    -
    Join Starfleet,
    Boldly go where no man has gone before,
    Meet interesting new species, and Kill them!
  • obsidianballsobsidianballs Member Posts: 28 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    Alongside the exciting changes appearing with the Bridge Officer Training Revamp (Blog Link Here),

Guess you guys don't have a proof reader...
  • cbob312cbob312 Member Posts: 200 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    As the owner of several underperforming Tactical captains I'd like to see if this improves the survivability of my non-healing phaser magnets.
  • zeuxidemus001zeuxidemus001 Member Posts: 3,357 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    Just sounds like another grind to me for sub par abilities.
  • firekeeperhufirekeeperhu Member Posts: 416 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    please tell me you'll also tweak the exp numbers, because i'm a fairly active player and i'm not even halfway through my specs... and only one of my alts is 60...
    theres a big honking problem right now with getting xp, theres an even bigger honking problem how the progression feels (i'll help you: it feels like you're not progressing), and putting in new shiny abilities will only make the hard-hard-nolifer-hard core one percent to grind through argala again, the rest of us will just give up the game eventually...
    <3 Defiant <3

RnD and upgrade needs less RNG. Less lottery. Something has to change.
  • mrspidey2mrspidey2 Member Posts: 959 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    Will we get a free spec respec with the update? Because I'd rather put all my points from Intel into command on some of my characters where command fits much better, thematically.
    2bnb7apx.jpg
    edited January 2015
    mrspidey2 wrote: »
    Will we get a free spec respec with the update? Because I'd rather put all my points from Intel into command on some of my characters where command fits much better, thematically.

i'd say, you must be new here, but i see you're not. i guess you already know the answer...
    <3 Defiant <3

• jjdezjjdez Member Posts: 570 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    ulukayx wrote: »
    Please make sure the runspeed boost won't work in next years winter event area. (and movement speed boosts like the one from the Delta rep in general)

Are the tears and QQ still flowing about the stupid WW race? I know this may come as shock to some, but this is still (somewhat) an MMO, which means you might have to compete against other human beings, and not mindless hit point bag NPCs.

Get your toon in top shape to do a silly race or don't complain when someone who did beats you.
  • postmaster500postmaster500 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    Well, I guess farming exp with a full group who has the Extrovert ability will make the Argala grind slightly better...
    edited January 2015
    jjdez wrote: »
    Are the tears and QQ still flowing about the stupid WW race? I know this may come as shock to some, but this is still (somewhat) an MMO, which means you might have to compete against other human beings, and not mindless hit point bag NPCs.

Get your toon in top shape to do a silly race or don't complain when someone who did beats you.

i think his problem isn't with competing. his problem is competing on unequal base. in a race where you're basically slower than an other racer, it doesn't really matter how good you are. did you watch formula one this year?...
    <3 Defiant <3

• daveynydaveyny Member Posts: 8,227 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    I just hope the game lasts long enough for me to max out all these trees.

:eek:
    STO Member since February 2009.
    I Was A Trekkie Before It Was Cool ... Sept. 8th, 1966 ... Not To Mention Before Most Folks Around Here Were Born!
    Forever a STO Veteran-Minion
    upside-down-banana-smiley-emoticon.gif
  • jjdezjjdez Member Posts: 570 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    i think his problem isn't with competing. his problem is competing on unequal base. in a race where you're basically slower than an other racer, it doesn't really matter how good you are. did you watch formula one this year?...

Shouldn't the player who has invested in that speed boost be rewarded? This isn't formula one where we want good competition, this is an MMO where it pays to have the best goodies.

Why would someone even want the speed boost if it's disabled in places like WW? So they can run to the exchange faster on ESD? I don't think so...
  • shadowwraith77shadowwraith77 Member Posts: 6,395 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    So, how badly is this going to be monetized?

In other words, how much is this going to cost everybody?
    tumblr_nq9ec3BSAy1qj6sk2o2_500_zpspkqw0mmk.gif

Praetor of the -RTS- Romulan Tal Shiar fleet!

• crypticarmsmancrypticarmsman Member Posts: 4,115 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    Sung to: "The Famer in the Dell"

"More grinding we will do.
    More grinding we will do.
    High Ho Argala oh...
    More grinding we will do.":eek:
    Formerly known as Armsman from June 2008 to June 20, 2012
    TOS_Connie_Sig_final9550Pop.jpg
    PWE ARC Drone says: "Your STO forum community as you have known it is ended...Display names are irrelevant...Any further sense of community is irrelevant...Resistance is futile...You will be assimilated..."
  • virusdancervirusdancer Member Posts: 18,687 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    mrspidey2 wrote: »

Was answered already in the Tribble discussions. It's kind of a funny thing about this particular blog...it's old news, since the discussions have been going on since last week. Would have been nifty if they'd done some Q&A from stuff that's been Q'd and A'd.
  • qjuniorqjunior Member Posts: 2,023 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    Was answered already in the Tribble discussions. It's kind of a funny thing about this particular blog...it's old news, since the discussions have been going on since last week. Would have been nifty if they'd done some Q&A from stuff that's been Q'd and A'd.

I don't like being Q'd and A'd without someone buying me dinner first ! :D
  • c1cer0c1cer0 Member Posts: 54 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    We have a new Captain Specialization coming that offers additional advancement opportunities, exciting new abilities, and a whole new set of options for building out your captain's capabilities!

Learn more about it here.

~LaughingTrendy

The are several unfriendly words I would like to say about that.......

But i think you allready know what the most Players think about it.

Curious you bring it online anyway...:confused:
  • tigerariestigeraries Member Posts: 3,492 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    Ground and Torp boats...

since I dont do ground and my ship is all energy command is worthless... since the little benefits it does have intel would be better.
  • tigerariestigeraries Member Posts: 3,492 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    Well, I guess farming exp with a full group who has the Extrovert ability will make the Argala grind slightly better...

umm probably for the next spec tree... seems like you need to cap out command to get that trait since they mentioned it last... that would imply it is the capstone trait.
  • lpthomasmariklpthomasmarik Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    I want to know if the new Boff Command abilities are going to be gated in space the same way Intel is. If so are we going to be able to get upgrades or are they releasing new ships?
  • tuskin67tuskin67 Member Posts: 1,097 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    So, how badly is this going to be monetized?

In other words, how much is this going to cost everybody?

It doesn't cost anything, just like the other Specializations that came with DR.
  • tuskin67tuskin67 Member Posts: 1,097 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    c1cer0 wrote: »
    The are several unfriendly words I would like to say about that.......

But i think you allready know what the most Players think about it.

Curious you bring it online anyway...:confused:

What are you talking about? I don't see anyone else in this thread saying anything overly negative about it.
    wast33 wrote: »
    eeerm.... lemme ask why this not has been brought to the forums when it initially was posted on the arc-side?
    old news stay old ;)...

Uh, this was posted the same time as the thread, look at the top of the blog

By LaughingTrendy Mon 12 Jan 2015 12:00:00 PM PST

http://www.arcgames.com/en/games/star-trek-online/news/detail/9055533

You're thinking of this blog from last week
    http://www.arcgames.com/en/games/star-trek-online/news/detail/9052733-bridge-officer-training
  • tcostiktcostik Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    Looks neat, if a bit OP, but unfortunately its all a moot point as long as spec points in any meaningful quantity are nearly impossible to obtain.

Trendy, are there any plans to make point acquisition easier?
  • captainransomcaptainransom Member Posts: 126 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    Looks great! It's going to be a very interesting mix from here on out for skills/traits/ships. YAY diversity! Play it your way. :) Good work guys. The death of the cookie cutter builds and players can basically run any build and actually have fun. :D
    giphy.gif

"It's easy to cling to principles when you're standing on a vessel with its bulkheads intact, manned by a crew that's not starving."

• bluegeekbluegeek Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    The previous specializations didn't have a scaling passive effect, did they? I don't recall seeing that.

Could someone post a link to the Tribble discussion of this? I'll look for it if I have the time, but if someone already knows where it is...
    My views may not represent those of Cryptic Studios or Perfect World Entertainment. You can file a "forums and website" support ticket here
    Link: How to PM - Twitter @STOMod_Bluegeek
  • kintishokintisho Member Posts: 1,040 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    So I will kick said elephant- are you going to allow meaningful exp (spec point) gain anywhere in the game again? I mean seriously how much Argala needs to be patrol-ed(players being trolled)??? By now the number of Kazon and their "allies" that have been killed would = most species...