test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Livestream - Winter Carnival! Saturday, January 10th, 2015 at 12PM PDT

pwecaptainsmirkpwecaptainsmirk Member Posts: 1,167 Arc User
edited January 2015 in Galactic News Network [PC]
Winter Wonderland Carnival!

Missed the show? You can watch the whole thing here on our Twitch Channel!

Join STO Community Manager CaptainSmirk this Saturday, January 10th at 12PM PDT (click here for your local timezone) for our next Star Trek Online Livestream Broadcast of a special Winter Wonderland Event, the Winter Carnival. We will be hosting a fabulous Ice Skating Competition, a Winter Beauty Contest to show off all the best Winter Outfits so many of you have created, pie eating, more racing and a merry round of PvP snowball fights!

We will have great prizes ready to hand out to out lucky winners, including stacks of Winter Ornaments to purchase some of the amazing new Winter vendor items!

Ice Skating Competition

Enter as a single skater or as a couple! Are you a Starfleet Officer being pursued by a rage filled Gorn? Perhaps you are an Ocampa outrunning a Talaxian admirer. Or what about some good old fashioned Romulan vs Reman skating? The possibilities are endless and you can join up now to enter to win this contest for Winter Ornaments. Enough to buy yourself a Cryo-Plasma Warp or Singularity Core, or a new kit module! See this Forum thread for your chance to sign up for this contest.

Winter Beauty/Fashion Contest

Show off your latest Winter Fashion does and don'ts in a good old fashion Beauty Contest. We will have some great prizes ready to reward those of you who wow us with your creative spirit. We want to see your Winter inspired designs complete with Winter Jackets, Frosted Boots, Scarves and Knitted Hats! Join us Saturday and be ready to pose for pictures!

Snowball PvP

It will be a free for all as we load up on Snowballs and attack each other for an all out snow mania PvP Snowball fight! Who will get frozen in place, and who will remain free to cause more snow themed havoc? Join us Saturday, but make sure you stock up on those snowballs so you are ready to throw!

We will be streaming on a special day and time, live this Saturday so many of you who work all week long can join in the fun, directly from Winter Wonderland, so slap on that winter makeup and get those outfits spiffed up, practice your ice skate moves with your Frosted Boots, and don't forget that candy cane Caltrops and Gum Drop Mines can be used to great theatrical affect! We will see you on Saturday on Twitch for the show!

Our crew will be ready to ice skate for your pleasure, and to answer questions and give out prizes through our TwitchTV Raffle.

*To be eligible to win, you only need to be logged in to Twitch and chat the keyword that we'll ask players to post (in addition to us saying it verbally, we'll post it in chat so you can copy and paste it) right before each giveaway.

We cannot wait to see what great winter outfits and skating routines everyone has come up with! We are looking forward to seeing you in-game!

CaptainSmirk
Community Manager
Star Trek Online

Link to our Blog

Link to our Livestream Channel
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• crusader2007crusader2007 Member Posts: 1,883 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    Thanks for making this a weekend event :):):)

I'm looking forward to some ice skating and snowball pvp :D
    DUwNP.gif

• wesleycrasherwesleycrasher Member Posts: 117 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    Wow, sounds eerily similar to an event held just last Saturday. And what generous prizes! I don't blame you for not getting back to me. I wouldn't be able to live down the embarrassment either.
    All the toys you can't afford.
  • pwecaptainsmirkpwecaptainsmirk Member Posts: 1,167 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    Wow, sounds eerily similar to an event held just last Saturday. And what generous prizes! I don't blame you for not getting back to me. I wouldn't be able to live down the embarrassment either.

You got me there Wesley. No one has ever done racing or beauty contest before you. You're so smart and pretty.

Long live Wesley! :)

~CaptainSmirk
  • wraithshadow13wraithshadow13 Member Posts: 1,728 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    Considering how problematic the winter wonderland is for so many players:

Tide of ice's numerous issues
    pixellated effect covering everything
    gameclient.exe crashes
    issues collecting/redeeming/unlocking rewards or discounts

Considering how "healthy" this game is, it doesn't seem to be working very well... or at all, in the case of an unlucky population of players.

Will we being any fixes to these before said Carnival?
  • organicmanfredorganicmanfred Member Posts: 3,236 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    well, we can't blame Smirk for everything... :rolleyes:
  • tehbubbalootehbubbaloo Member Posts: 2,003 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    ive obviously got any beauty contest in the bag
  • tdokillersunitedtdokillersunited Member Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    will you show the broken Breen ship unlock as well ?
  • organicmanfredorganicmanfred Member Posts: 3,236 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    Trevor, stop talking to the players. The crowd gets jealous...

:rolleyes:
  • tcostiktcostik Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    Cool, an event before the 40 pic discount bug gets fixed.

Seems Cryptic.
  • cervantxcervantx Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    You got me there Wesley. No one has ever done racing or beauty contest before you. You're so smart and pretty.

~CaptainSmirk

Do you see people? this is how cryptic adresses their comunity, bashing and mocking sarcastically, well and thats our comunity manager.
    [SIGPIC]http://i.imgur.com/7dY4yCA.jpg[/SIGPIC]
    GG Cryptic.

dnirg eht nioj
  • arliekkosarliekkos Member Posts: 214 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    Ha ha! I think it's funny! Well played Smirk. Well played. :D
  • johncampbell07johncampbell07 Member Posts: 143 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    Well, given it is on a Saturday and I am in dire need of a couple of Red Matter Capacitors, this event has peeked my interest. :)
  • erei1erei1 Member Posts: 4,081 Arc User
    edited January 2015

~CaptainSmirk
    Yep, you definitely won the argument.

I actually laughed.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • grimlyonegrimlyone Member Posts: 41 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    Well, ok, I can get a snow-warpcore. MAH PLAYSTYLE WILL GAIN A POINT! :D

Well, ok, question. Why would I care?

No point. Allrite. Going on, going on, about my day.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    The beast at Tanagra.
    Kadir beneath Mo Moteh. Kiteo, his eyes closed. Chenza at court, the court of silence. Darmok on the ocean.
    Shaka, when the walls fell.
  • xathanael#5083 xathanael Member Posts: 80 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    How about fixing the god damn event bugs? Oh, that's right, the dev team is too incompetent to do that.
  • zaichalzaichal Member Posts: 96 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    I've turned up for previous livestreams and on reflection, they seem to be a waste of time as the vast majority of players who turn up for the livesteam will go away empty handed after it ends.

The slight chance of winning some winter commodities would be nice if I didn't already have full stacks of the things clogging up my inventory. Compared to WesleyChristmas, where I won a D'kora, a JHEC and a JHDC for my costumes, this livestream and other more recent livestreams seem rather lacking.

Perhaps you need to step up your game, actually provide an incentive to all attendees on twitch instead of a small number of us. Maybe read the WesleyChristmas thread for ideas?
  • coolheadalcoolheadal Member Posts: 1,253 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    I was hoping the Winter Wonderland Event 2014 was so much like the Summer Event 2014 which it's not as fun as I had hope. Having Q has the host vs Risan welcome crew to me was a lot better. They told you out loud when events was going on.

Winter Invasion should have been on the same map instead of going off the map. That was only enjoyment I had felt at home as Snowman with the Gingerbread people. That's how the entire Winder Wonderland should have been. Why was Q the host seem odd. Should made a Santa Claus instead.

This live stream gong to be the same as all live streams only the select few will be included. For me it starts at 2 pm today. I'll see but how to expect to invite everyone to the map if he map has limit of players. If you had it unlimited it would much better so everyone could be there to have fun. As for technical problems just have to live with them until what causes them get debugged.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Time will only tell!
    edited January 2015
    See you all in about 20 minutes on www.Twitch.tv/perfectworld_community for our Winter Carnival Livestream!

We cannot wait to see the great costumes and skating routines!

~CaptainSmirk
    edited January 2015
    See you in 5 minutes on Twitch!
    edited January 2015
    Thanks again to everyone who joined us for some fun in Winter Wonderland, we had a great time watching your Ice Skating!

The Winter Fashion contest was very impressive too, and never let it be said that we do not love large reptilian Santa Clausses.

For all who joined the Ice Skating contest, great job on your routines, and as a special thank you, I will be mailing you a gift in the STO Mail system.

I will have video clips to share with all of you later next week of some of the highlights of the competition :)

Have a great weekend everyone, and join us next time for our STO Livestreams!

~CaptainSmirk
  • garaks31garaks31 Member Posts: 2,845 Arc User
    edited January 2015