test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Watch out! Queues don't offer rewards anymore!

stardestroyer001stardestroyer001 Member Posts: 2,615 Arc User
Had this happen at least thrice so far. Completed a teamed PvE and no rewards were offered. Instead, the server disconnected, and logging back in didn't offer any rewards.
stardestroyer001, Admiral, Explorers Fury PvE/PvP Fleet | Retired PvP Player
Missing the good ol' days of PvP: Legacy of Romulus to Season 9
My List of Useful Links, Recently Updated November 25 2017!
Post edited by stardestroyer001 on

Comments

• Options
    questeriusquesterius Member Posts: 8,332 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    Just did a quick run on CEA. Everything drops as it should.
    This program, though reasonably normal at times, seems to have a strong affinity to classes belonging to the Cat 2.0 program. Questerius 2.7 will break down on occasion, resulting in garbage and nonsense messages whenever it occurs. Usually a hard reboot or pulling the plug solves the problem when that happens.
  • Options
    edited January 2015
    I ran Korfez with people from the PESTF channel and it disconnected before offering rewards (and, as a parting gift, slapped a cooldown on us as well).

I also ran a Borg Disco within the last hour, which similarly disconnected right after all three dreadnoughts were killed. Fortunately no cooldown was applied.

I'm still trying to figure out if there's a pattern to this. It seems to be limited to queued PvE.
  • Options
    mattmiraclemattmiracle Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    If the missions fails, the rewards are small amount of marks and are automatically applied.q
    Matt Miracle

Fleet Commander in Chief [Rank 7] for Covenant of Honor; a FED T5 Starbase
    House Leader [Rank 7] for Honorable House of Mor'gue; a KDF T3 Starbase
    Find us at CovenantofHonor.com.  My Twitter handle; @jmattmiracle
  • Options
    breadandcircusesbreadandcircuses Member Posts: 2,355 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    The rewards do drop if you are online and in the team when the mission completes... however, if you get hit with a disconnect at the wrong time you're basically SOL. It happens to me now and again, but at least it doesn't seem to trigger the leaver's penalty anymore. It can also be affected by a ton of spam, which in some cases can tax your graphics card or bandwidth, causing lag or disconnects depending on just how bad it is... I seem to remember folks using this as a gameplay tactic awhile back in PvP, back when PvP queues popped regularly.

Yes, grandkids, there was a time when the PvP queues were a thing you could drop into now and again if you wanted. :P
    Ym9x9Ji.png
    meimeitoo wrote: »
    I do not like Geko ether.
    iconians wrote: »
    With each passing day I wonder if I stepped into an alternate reality. The Cubs win the world series. Donald Trump is President. Britain leaves the EU. STO gets a dedicated PvP season. Engineers are "out of control" in STO.​​
  • Options
    mattmiraclemattmiracle Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    The rewards do drop if you are online and in the team when the mission completes... however, if you get hit with a disconnect at the wrong time you're basically SOL. It happens to me now and again, but at least it doesn't seem to trigger the leaver's penalty anymore. It can also be affected by a ton of spam, which in some cases can tax your graphics card or bandwidth causing lag or disconnects depending on just how bad it is... I seem to remember folks using this as a gameplay tactic awhile back in PvP, back when PvP queues popped regularly.

Yes, grandkids, there was a time when the PvP queues were a thing you could drop into now and again if you wanted. :P

It sounds more like the PvE queues that the OP is in fail the required tasks and then the missions just ends with little reward and nothing else but the cooldown timer. I have done PvE queues for the longest time including Borg Disconnected and they all give out their rewards with the exception of being DISCONNECTED as mentioned above or as I have mentioned.
    Matt Miracle

Fleet Commander in Chief [Rank 7] for Covenant of Honor; a FED T5 Starbase
    House Leader [Rank 7] for Honorable House of Mor'gue; a KDF T3 Starbase
    Find us at CovenantofHonor.com.  My Twitter handle; @jmattmiracle
  • Options
    edited January 2015
    It sounds more like the PvE queues that the OP is in fail the required tasks and then the missions just ends with little reward and nothing else but the cooldown timer. I have done PvE queues for the longest time including Borg Disconnected and they all give out their rewards with the exception of being DISCONNECTED as mentioned above or as I have mentioned.

Nope, I do know the difference between a fail and a disconnect. As I mentioned in my second post, my team had already killed all three dreadnoughts, then suffered repeated server not respondings before being disconnected. Relogging did not put me or my team back in the Disco map, and none of us got rewards. Same deal with the Korfez.
  • Options
    edited January 2015
    I ran Korfez with people from the PESTF channel and it disconnected before offering rewards (and, as a parting gift, slapped a cooldown on us as well).

I also ran a Borg Disco within the last hour, which similarly disconnected right after all three dreadnoughts were killed. Fortunately no cooldown was applied.

I'm still trying to figure out if there's a pattern to this. It seems to be limited to queued PvE.

Who knows, perhaps it's the curse of the elite channels. Seriously, just PUG.

But that's beside the point. All i can say with certainty is that i have done half a dozen runs and have had no problem with the rewards.
    This program, though reasonably normal at times, seems to have a strong affinity to classes belonging to the Cat 2.0 program. Questerius 2.7 will break down on occasion, resulting in garbage and nonsense messages whenever it occurs. Usually a hard reboot or pulling the plug solves the problem when that happens.
  • Options
    mvp333mvp333 Member Posts: 509 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    Working as intended. The dev team is working on disabling the queues; apparently something's wrong with the patch. Go grind Argala, or maybe the Kobali zone. That's all you're supposed to do in this game now. After all, they're the best content ever, and players love them.
  • Options
    truewarpertruewarper Member Posts: 928 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    mvp333 wrote: »
    Working as intended. The dev team is working on disabling the queues; apparently something's wrong with the patch. Go grind Argala, or maybe the Kobali zone. That's all you're supposed to do in this game now. After all, they're the best content ever, and players love them.

Haven't done either since finishing the DR story arc. Doing quite well without them.
    52611496918_3c42b8bab8.jpg
    Departing from Sol *Earth* by Carlos A Smith,on Flickr
    SPACE---The Last and Great Frontier. A 14th-year journey
    Vna res, una mens, unum cor et anima una. Cetera omnia, somnium est.
  • Options
    sunfranckssunfrancks Member Posts: 3,925 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    Was someone using a carrier? The Breen carrier trait conflicts with another (cannot remember which one), and causes the team to disconnect!

Could have been that....
    Fed: Eng Lib Borg (Five) Tac Andorian (Shen) Sci Alien/Klingon (Maelrock) KDF:Tac Romulan KDF (Sasha) Tac Klingon (K'dopis)
    Founder, member and former leader to Pride Of The Federation Fleet.
    What I feel after I hear about every decision made since Andre "Mobile Games Generalisimo" Emerson arrived...
    3oz8xC9gn8Fh4DK9Q4.gif

• Options
    edited January 2015
    sunfrancks wrote: »
    Was someone using a carrier? The Breen carrier trait conflicts with another (cannot remember which one), and causes the team to disconnect!

Could have been that....

The only conflict in traits i have heard off is the T5 breen trait and the radiant nanite or whatever it's called from the T5 Dauntless. It doesn't make sense if this conflict would only pop up after finishing a STF so that one can be written off as a possible cause.

An issue with premade teams or an ISP issue on the end of the OP seem more likely candidates.
    To the OP I'd say PUG and see if you still have issues.
  • Options
    mvp333mvp333 Member Posts: 509 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    truewarper wrote: »
    Haven't done either since finishing the DR story arc. Doing quite well without them.
    I was joking.
  • Options
    metaphorgrandemetaphorgrande Member Posts: 110 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    Just happened in CCA , bad lag, disconnect, sign back on, back at ESD, nothing given.
  • Options
    seaofsorrowsseaofsorrows Member Posts: 10,918 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    Maybe Cryptic is so in love with lockboxes and RnG that they decided to implement the same system for rewarding PvE Ques?

In their defense, they killed the ques months ago, so they didn't expect anyone to notice.
    Insert witty signature line here.