Options

PWE broke STO

ibuyevryshipibuyevryship Member Posts: 280
See what they broke

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sGtVMJtDbSs 1v1

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wb8eS83Yelc 1v1

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DpbEAhppnYU 5v5

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EFX6AjGS_X4 5v5

I did played more then 500day in game time, the game was kind of the best MMO and i had great time. But now when you see the PvP comunoty , you know the game have been destroyed !!!

I support the idea of a roll back to befor delta rising and the new upgrade system
Post edited by ibuyevryship on

Comments

• Options
    eltatuseltatus Member Posts: 291 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    LOL PvP..........

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited December 2014
    eltatus wrote: »
    LOL PvP..........

PvP was the best part, PvE requir no talent at all and cryptic encourage to be selfish in this game witch is not fun in a MMO
  • Options
    pieeatterpieeatter Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    game is dead move along... im just posting zelda cause we are friends this game sucks.. haha
    Punish the feds!!!
  • Options
    vivenneanthonyvivenneanthony Member Posts: 1,278 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Oh well. Guess they will fix it.

Here is a nice Christmas cheer, Awesomeness.
  • Options
    edited December 2014
    Oh well. Guess they will fix it.

Here is a nice Christmas cheer, Awesomeness.

well it will take 4 year to balance it, its too late, anyway i been spending my money in other games i dont support PWE and cryptic staff who take bad decision
  • Options
    vivenneanthonyvivenneanthony Member Posts: 1,278 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    well it will take 4 year to balance it, its too late, anyway i been spending my money in other games i dont support PWE and cryptic staff who take bad decision

I remember the good old days of getting Materials. Epic.
  • Options
    praxi5praxi5 Member Posts: 1,562 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    LOL PvP..........

I think you mean "LOL Cryptic/PWE" or "LOL PvE", since outside of the Intel trash, broken abilities, horrible (dis)advantages of crafting/spec tree, there's some decent PvP to be had... the same can't be said about PvE.
  • Options
    betayuyabetayuya Member Posts: 1,059 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    pieeatter wrote: »
    game is dead move along... im just posting zelda cause we are friends this game sucks.. haha

to get or not to get (the spell book for the wand), that is the question lol :D
    eywdK7c.jpg
  • Options
    edited December 2014
    praxi5 wrote: »
    I think you mean "LOL Cryptic/PWE" or "LOL PvE", since outside of the Intel trash, broken abilities, horrible (dis)advantages of crafting/spec tree, there's some decent PvP to be had... the same can't be said about PvE.

LMFAO! You really belive that the PVP in STO after DR is DECENT??????????????????

You mast be a rich guy that enjoy useing cheese.

LOOOOOL

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    cervantxcervantx Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    LMFAO! You really belive that the PVP in STO after DR is DECENT??????????????????

LOOOOOL

PvP in STO is NvM
    [SIGPIC]http://i.imgur.com/7dY4yCA.jpg[/SIGPIC]
    GG Cryptic.

dnirg eht nioj
  • Options
    praxi5praxi5 Member Posts: 1,562 Arc User
    edited December 2014

LOOOOOL

Well, granted... it's mostly from when players set up private matches and such, but sometimes the queues aren't bad :p
  • Options
    kavasekavase Member Posts: 771 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    To be honest when I first heard PWE was taking over, I really thought PVP would be their main focus, it is after all a big money maker.

But um, well, I couldn't have been more wrong. PVP isn't even list as a feature on their Arc website.
    Retired. I'm now in search for that perfect space anomaly.
  • Options
    tehbubbalootehbubbaloo Member Posts: 2,003 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    I did played more then 500day in game time, the game was kind of the best MMO and i had great time. But now when you see the PvP comunoty , you know the game have been destroyed !!!

im surprised it took you this long to come to the realisation.
    its always been my belief that sto pvp died with the release of LoR.
  • Options
    ussprometheus79ussprometheus79 Member Posts: 727 Arc User
    edited December 2014

This is what my fleet think. PvP is just not there anymore.
    If you've come to the forums to complain about the AFK system, it's known to be bugged at the moment.
  • Options
    knuhteb5knuhteb5 Member Posts: 1,831 Arc User
    edited December 2014

STO pub pvp did not die when LOR came out. It went into hibernation. In fact, 1-2 months before DR came out, I started pvping again for the first time since 2010. Kerrat PVP was slowly making a comeback. However, DR sent it back into hibernation again. Kerrat pvp won't become popular again until 2015 when most casuals like myself get their alts' gear upgraded to mark 13, 14.

There are some things Cryptic can do to save it though. For example, give us different modes. Classic mode could disable all intel abilities for example. Give us multi-team battles as well. New maps wouldn't hurt either.

Cryptic, if they were smart, would give us an option, through rep or cheap c-store tokens, to upgrade T5U ships to have some intel boff seating. Then, the pvp playing field would be more leveled and the competitive intel advantage of t6 ships would be gone.
    aGHGQIKr41KNi.gif
  • Options
    jjdezjjdez Member Posts: 570 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    R.I.P. PvP, you are missed.
  • Options
    admrenlarreckadmrenlarreck Member Posts: 2,041 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Op there is about as much a chance of pvp getting fixed, as the Emperor getting off the Golden throne. Good news for you is Eternal Crusade.

May Lorgar shine his light onto your soul.
    fayhers_starfleet.jpg

Fleet leader Nova Elite

Fleet Leader House of Nova elite
    @ren_larreck
  • Options
    woodwhitywoodwhity Member Posts: 2,636 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    From the point of view of the pvp-people, how often or how long is pvp dead now? S6...S7? LoR should be an easy pin-point. But I think the pvp-is-dead-threads started to pop long before.

I dont know how you can kill something repeatedly, at least not without doing the Stargate sarkophag trick. But every time I read a thread about pvp outside the pvp-forums, pvp died again.
  • Options
    edited December 2014
    LoR most def put PVP in the Intensive Care Unit and now DR just send it to the grave.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited December 2014
    woodwhity wrote: »
    From the point of view of the pvp-people, how often or how long is pvp dead now? S6...S7? LoR should be an easy pin-point. But I think the pvp-is-dead-threads started to pop long before.

I dont know how you can kill something repeatedly, at least not without doing the Stargate sarkophag trick. But every time I read a thread about pvp outside the pvp-forums, pvp died again.

well, i suppose the killing of pvp has been a gradual process, and what we have been hearing in recent years could be construed as 'youre killing pvp', which seems to have come to fruition.
    exactly when it happened is obviously open for debate. myself, as a kdf pvper, will likely have a few different frames of reference... but i do think that LoR was the tipping point. ironically, i came to this realisation as OPs lvl40 unrepped noob romulan was laying waste to my fully geared vanilla kdf pvp toon in a 1vs1 skirmish. 900-odd stealth, eternal decloak bonus, crits i could never hope to match. knowing i was unwilling to roll a rom and spend another billion ec and another couple months time leveling its rep, i gave up on pvp outside of the occasional run through kerrat.
  • Options
    hyperionx09hyperionx09 Member Posts: 1,709 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    I find it actually funny; didn't Cryptic recently say that part of the reason they improved the Mk damage of 13 and 14 was to help PvP? After all, they're going for the DPS crowds, some of which were also PvP'ers looking for the best and fastest ways to vape. It did help that in Cryptic's favor, many were also willing to pay to min-max. To resounding success.

Whatever the case, the most they can do is maybe offer optional rule sets at occasional PvP grounds, but even then, I doubt they'd let their T6s be reduced to not being able to use T6 abilities. It would alienate the few paying PvP'ers.

PvP, like KDF, is pretty much an afterthought.
  • Options
    edited December 2014
    PvP, like KDF, is pretty much an afterthought.

except neither were, which is what makes the current situation so unforgivable.
  • Options
    neoakiraiineoakiraii Member Posts: 7,468 Arc User
    edited December 2014
  • Options
    blahhdreyblahhdrey Member Posts: 313 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    except neither were, which is what makes the current situation so unforgivable.

Yup.

LoR exposed the warts, but DR was Cryptic acknowledging that they were never going to treat them.
    dEpN3nB.png?1
  • Options
    isawesomeisntisawesomeisnt Member Posts: 59 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    blahhdrey wrote: »
    Yup.

LoR exposed the warts, but DR was Cryptic acknowledging that they were never going to treat them.

Because that would be a waste of resources, i mean ¿pvp, does cryptic or any other mmo can make money by that? thats just silly... now if you excuse me, i going back to WoT. cya.
  • Options
    starkaosstarkaos Member Posts: 11,556 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    LoR most def put PVP in the Intensive Care Unit and now DR just send it to the grave.

PvP was in Intensive Care long before LoR came out. I remember one of the devs posting a dev blog before LoR stating that they were actually considering putting the final nail in the coffin to PvP.
  • Options
    kjwashingtonkjwashington Member Posts: 2,529 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Have you tried vanilla PvP? You know, with all the power creep taken out? If not, then you can't complain about all the power creep. :P
    FaW%20meme_zpsbkzfjonz.jpg
    Support 90 degree arc limitation on BFaW! Save our ships from looking like flying disco balls of dumb!
  • Options
    blahhdreyblahhdrey Member Posts: 313 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Have you tried vanilla PvP? You know, with all the power creep taken out? If not, then you can't complain about all the power creep. :P

Yeah, I played that when it was just normal PvP. Specialization points have changed things.
    dEpN3nB.png?1
  • Options
    leceterleceter Member Posts: 196 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    'What is the point of PvP in an Pay-to-Win game?
    Measuring the size of you wallets?