test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

What do you guys log in for?

k022#6452 k022 Member Posts: 300 Arc User
I don't see the point in doffing anymore.

Ques are dead/impossible to pug

Too tedious to grind patrols to level up for story missions.

Yeah so why do you guys log in?
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Post edited by k022#6452 on

Comments

• aoax10aoax10 Member Posts: 271 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Leveling up R&D levels daily for each toon. That's about it.
  • donowickdonowick Member Posts: 269 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Trying to finish starbase few 1000 short of being done and R&D and help out fleet mates in missions. Have one toon almost mk 13 on all and not in a hurry to complete.:) but will be happy when starbase is done.
  • hawku001xhawku001x Member Posts: 10,764 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    because a leprechaun told me to and i owe him
  • dunnonutindunnonutin Member Posts: 21 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    I like to crop dust people at ESD, show up in STF's in a shuttle, talk to the bots in the sectors. You got to make your own fun sometimes bro.
  • lordatrocitieslordatrocities Member Posts: 462 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    poopbang wrote: »

I find I enjoy the game apart from the issues. Sure the cheaters, the bugs, the dead PvE, the half wit filled PUG's, bad space and ground controls, broken GUI, bugged missions, and notorious lack of giving a **** about fixing any of it by Cryptic can wear one down, but these issues aside, I find other reasons, for now, to keep playing.

That can change. Star Citizen is on the horizon and I feel that game might be worth looking into.
    What happened to those unique forum ranks I paid for?
  • foxman00foxman00 Member Posts: 1,501 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    I still log in every day for the same reason I have since i started playing at F2P Launch.

The universe. The people, and the story and the simply love I have for this game.

Sometimes i PUG a STF, sometimes i will run with pre-mades. Sometimes i will do DOFF Missions, sometimes i will do episodes and ground content. Sometimes I will chat with friends discussing builds, sometimes I will help other players level up or answer questions/queries they have.

Sometimes I will mess with my uniform of my toons and my BOFFs, there is endless possibilties and every day is a different day in the Star Trek Online universe, and each day i look forward to seeing how this game will change and grow.

As someone said, its not the destination, its the journey :)
    pjxgwS8.jpg
  • zathri83zathri83 Member Posts: 514 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    I log in because it's the best game ever and the players love it.
  • knuhteb5knuhteb5 Member Posts: 1,831 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    I love winter wonderland so I log in to play that. I run the race for the carrier on one character and often do winter invasion.

Honestly, though, if winter wonderland hadn't come back, I would have quit the game. I also occasionally log-in to play fleet alert and Borg disconnected on my d'deridex but that's it.

Regarding the new DR missions, I gave up on them after the second one. i couldn't take having to do 10-15 unrelated side missions in between the main ones just to have enough skill points to progress to the next one.
    aGHGQIKr41KNi.gif
  • thatcursedwolfthatcursedwolf Member Posts: 1,617 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    The free/grind ships.

To click the 20 hour research project on the off chance the upgrade system won't be such a Dil sink at some point in the future.

With the failqueues and upgrade costs I'm not bothering with reps on the two alts I've cut myself down to.
    This is my Risian Corvette. There are many like it, but this one is mine.
  • thutmosis85thutmosis85 Member Posts: 2,358 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    1-2 week ago :
    - Doffing for Spec Points
    - R&D on 3 Toons
    - Winter Race on 3 Toons
    - maybe 1-2 Queues (Crystalline & Bug Hunt)

Now :
    - R&D on 1 Toon
    - Winter Race on 1 Toon

-> so after Winter Event, I probably won't ... I'd love to "enjoy the Journey" ... but the "Journey" is "circling in the desert"
    Patch Notes : Resolved an Issue, where people would accidently experience Fun.
  • neoakiraiineoakiraii Member Posts: 7,468 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    I have not logged in for a while, I think I logged on the other day to chat with my friend, and we were doing Mok'bara in ESD for 4 hours, and people kept stopping wonder WTF we were doing just standing there.

BTW Taco ESD needs a gym :D
    GwaoHAD.png
  • battykoda0battykoda0 Member Posts: 959 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    I do the fastest game on ice, DBZ (maybe if I feel like it), CCA for some mats to maybe craft some upgrades. Other than that? I might gab with my fleetmates while I idle somewhere. I'm in no hurry to get a part-time job to buy Zen to buy Dilithium to upgrade gear to be able to not be complained at for not being well geared by the new Epic Mk XIV system so no queues other than maybe a Bug Hunt here. 3 items upgraded is a lot easier than 11 consoles, 6 weapons, engines, shields, and 2 deflectors.
    Wow. There is a new KDF Science ship. I'll be!
  • qunlar2020qunlar2020 Member Posts: 281 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    I log into both accounts to do winterwonder land. Then I farm dilithium, level up low level toons to lvl 15 so they can farm dilithium with r&d doffs, and do low level r&d to give to my lowbies so they can level and farm dilithium. It is a good thing that I enjoy the story. The peaple are great for the most part. Those who are jerks get ignored and I don't worry about them.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    I was Klingon before Klingon was cool.
  • altechachanaltechachan Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Events, R*D, to keep working on the Fleet Starbase, friends, and to slowly progress all eight of my characters through the content in the game.
    Member since November 2009... I think.
    (UFP) Ragnar
  • khregkhreg Member Posts: 379 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    I play Foundry missions almost exclusively. Love 'em. There are some damn talented authors/designers out there.
  • sennahcheribsennahcherib Member Posts: 2,823 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    capnkirk4 wrote: »
    Because it's free.

this!

even if the game has problems, i still like it.
  • lucho80lucho80 Member Posts: 6,600 Bug Hunter
    edited December 2014
    Finish up current rep grind. Kick off daily R&D. That will take me until 2016, although I'll have all schools at level 20 through 4 toons around May/June 2015. Doing Winter race with 4 toons to possibly avoid the grind for the foreseeable future. ( already have all 3 ships on one toon and 2 on the other 3)
  • randomgrahamrandomgraham Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    What I do
    - Do WW race on my 3 chars, want all 3 ships!
    - Do my duty officer assignments
    - Collect my dill for my chars, farm some dill if I don't have it ready.
    - Do my R&D reaserch on my alts, on my main i tend to craft alot while im playing. Try to make CrtDx3 weps then upgrade them for fun, dont spend alot of EC/Dill just go for cost efficiency.
    - Upgrade my gear with the free daily dill, will have my ships maxed out in a month or so.
    - Run easy queues solo for any marks i need, or to try get the 1st places for the loot!.
    - Run harder queues with fleet, most these are too hard to pug, but really fun with fleet.
    - Work on different builds, try out different gear combinations.
    - Leveling my 3rd char upto 60 atm, but dont get much time as im usally playing my other 2.

What I dont do.
    - Waste bucket loads of ec/dill trying to get epic raring gear. Maybe in a few months when I have everything I want Mk XIV I can look into this again.
    - Grind exp, any spec points i get from my normal play are a bonus, not the be all or end all. I am in no rush to max out.

Im playing STO more after DR then I did before the expansion, mainly because of the crafting/upgrade system. Would love more ships to play with, but they are too expensive so ill stick with 1 good ship per char and try grab any free/cheap ones for now.
  • ursusmorologusursusmorologus Member Posts: 5,328 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    I only login one toon periodically for Exploration DOFFing (rest are T4 commendation) and R&D dailies, when I can remember. I don't run winter event anymore, no reason for it since I have the Breen boxes and the hats for all my toons. Life of a super casual.
  • jtmarshjtmarsh Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2014

HGE, BHE, NTTE I run at least a HGE and CGA once a day. I just enjoy them. I am already geared as well as 7 BO's lol I just like to run STF's! I do them everyday!

Mine usually preferred DILL for the 5k Don't do the daily mine. 8k a day with a extra 1k every 2 days no need to mine the other.

Im gold on ground gear but still working on space gear gold.

Sometimes I chat trek

Visit rollplay starbases even thou I dont roll play I still like to pop in. "once a week"

One week I spent everyday trying to climb the mountains of andor. I still usually pop in to a different social zone a day.

Replay missions just to see if I can do better.

Love battle zones!! If I don't do to many STF's in a day then ill do a battle zone. Love the Delta ones.

Now that we are in the Winter event I don't do that much above because I love the winter event! Just like Risa one! So im a little absent from STF's at the moment but I still did BIG Dig and HGE Friday.
  • mosul33mosul33 Member Posts: 836 Arc User
    edited December 2014

I know right... The game its in a horrible state right now, especially the space part. It totaly sux.

I only log in for the race for the carrier and some winter accolades. But when the winter event goes away, there isnt much incent to log anymore :(
  • iconiansiconians Member Posts: 6,987 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    I log in to play the game.
    ExtxpTp.jpg
  • dalolorndalolorn Member Posts: 3,655 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    I log in for my six daily races. :P

Infinite possibilities have implications that could not be completely understood if you turned this entire universe into a giant supercomputer.p3OEBPD6HU3QI.jpg
  • farmallmfarmallm Member Posts: 4,630 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    First thing I do is the winter event race. So I can get the new Breen carrier. Next I do the Doff and pie eating to get the items. I already bought a coat and hat. Now to save up for another coat. This is where my Romulan is at currently.

Next I get on my Fed and do Doffs, turn in Delta Rep, and then patrol, ground action, or story. Depends on where I'm at the time. And how much time I have.

IF I get time, I will get on my KDF and try to get him started into the Delta areas. He has 2 more episodes before he is ready.

There is plenty of fun things to do on the game.
    Enterprise%20C_zpsrdrf3v8d.jpg

USS Casinghead NCC 92047 launched 2350
    Fleet Admiral Stowe - Dominion War Vet.
  • lianthelialianthelia Member Posts: 7,861 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Granted I don't play tons of STF's all the time but I've never had to sit around for a long time to get a queue.

The Advanced/Elites I need the very rare mats to craft the Rep gear I want are doable...I have no problems...yes I wish the Queues were more filled but I haven't dealt with any hour long waits to get filled.
  • waldotrekwaldotrek Member Posts: 319 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Tier 1 and Shuttle builds.

Flying the ships from the various shows/movies around.

Working a new char.

Not all of us want to fly a Tier 6 ship.
    Former Moderator 10-28-16
  • vivenneanthonyvivenneanthony Member Posts: 1,278 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    I just kick off the R&D and the race for the carrier. Tired of the endless kill grindfest.
  • olliereportolliereport Member Posts: 721
    edited December 2014
    winter event

doffing, a little mining

I level chars through doffing, for hope for the future, for a turn-around

and on my one main, I tweak and modify, to try and get an atypical build above 30k dps, just for the fun of it.

regarding the ques - and why things are the way they are, I'll quote what I wrote in another thread, because all of this has been written before
    yes, it was the gear. people had played these things before you know.

loook, people were using mission and whatever loot to try and complete the pve ques when DR came out. it was fail city. if what you were saying was correct the ques would have been chock full of people going "boy this is great!" but it was a complete ghost town. And not just because people were leveling, it was a ghost town for a good while.

So, some of us die hards just sort of said "ok, if this is the game then this is the game, lets see how this works". And we shelled out the dilthium to upgrade some or all of our gear. Eventually, during the weekdays dedicated lifers were pugging these ques, and getting closer and closer to the bonus timers.

Guess what happened on the weekends?

People with less free time would come out to play STO, people who hadn't climbed the gear upgrade path and couldn't get through the new mountains of shield and hull on the mobs. And, the pug ques would start to fail again.

This was nowhere more evident than during Thanksgiving weekend. In the weekdays up to thanksgiving there was a very small critical mass of players with upgraded gear and the interest in trying to complete the ques. We were completing them and sometimes hitting the bonus timers, in pug. Then Thanksgiving weekend hit and all the people with less free time joined the game and the pug ques instantly went back to fail city.

IT WAS ABOUT THE GEAR.

and quite frankly, a ton of people just said this

"what? nonstop upgrades costing me $$? no new loot drops? I'm forced to upgrade? ah, no, no thank you"

and they went to go play some other game.

Cryptic or PWE or someone just got too greedy, and they killed the active playerbase.

it's salvage-able, the game

EDIT: with change, and advertizing

EDIT: I should note, I think all those people who left over buying dilthium (which is NOT fun) would have probably happily stayed and occasionally bought keys and ships (more fun) generating revenue. if the dilthium-gear-upgrade-paywall hadn't been made so high.
  • heckgoblinheckgoblin Member Posts: 685
    edited December 2014
    I log in to purge foul xenos in the Emperor's name.

Suffer not the alien to live :|
    I AM WAR.
  • robdmcrobdmc Member Posts: 1,619 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    iconians wrote: »
    I log in to play the game.

Dang it... I knew I was doing something wrong. I've logging in for many reason but I never tried this.