test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Whoever is working on 1st year Breen ship issue in the event rep system...

lored2deathlored2death Member Posts: 6 Arc User
edited December 2014 in PC Gameplay Bug Reports
I have a KDF who claimed the ship that the patch didn't help. I have the week off, access to Tribble/Redshirt, and a willingness to help test any fix that will help myself and others with the issue of not getting the discount on alts.

Katai@Lored2death
Post edited by lored2death on

Comments

• z3ndor99z3ndor99 Member Posts: 1,391 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    As far we know, the fix for the chell grett didn't go live to holodeck this week, it was on the tribble patch, they must be making sure its working 100% before pushing out.
  • plasticwidowplasticwidow Member Posts: 23 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    I have 2 characters, 1 kdf and 1 fed, who got their Breen Chel Grett Warship when it first came out. I got the Raider when that first came out for about 6 characters. This year I was able to get the Raider for 40 photos without a problem. However, the Warship wants 1,000 photos. I sent in a ticket, when checking on said ticket there was no record of the ticket I sent in. I noticed though in the forums that others were going through the same problem so I waited to see if this would be fixed next patch. When it patched, I tried to purchase the warship again but it still listed it as needing 1000 photos. I even put in 40 photos on one character to see if it would change for the 40. Nope. I put in another ticket in game, this time writing the ticket # down. Well said ticket is not showing in list of tickets on Arc. Go figure. So I decided to take another character and grind 1,000 photos to buy the Warship again, thinking if I get a current warship at full price it might unlock for the rest of my characters. I just completed it today, bought the warship. I then switched characters to see if I can get it now for 40. No. So i went back to the character who had just gotten it, unpacked the box, then went to shipyard and even readied it. Then I switched to another character, and tried again. No, it strill wants 1,000 photos. I hope you are right that they just need to test it on tribble cause I am getting royally upset over this. I have a character over halfway finished with the Carrier then will be, hopefully claiming that so others can claim it too.
  • sheldonlcoopersheldonlcooper Member Posts: 4,042 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    So I decided to take another character and grind 1,000 photos to buy the Warship again, thinking if I get a current warship at full price it might unlock for the rest of my characters. I just completed it today, bought the warship. I then switched characters to see if I can get it now for 40. No. So i went back to the character who had just gotten it, unpacked the box, then went to shipyard and even readied it. Then I switched to another character, and tried again. No, it strill wants 1,000 photos. I hope you are right that they just need to test it on tribble cause I am getting royally upset over this. I have a character over halfway finished with the Carrier then will be, hopefully claiming that so others can claim it too.

That's really quite strange. I had assumed that if you now bought the ship under the rep system it would open up the discount. I'm curious why it doesn't. Are we flagged as somehow not having the ship if we have the first year version of it?
    Captain Jean-Luc Picard: "We think we've come so far. Torture of heretics, burning of witches, it's all ancient history. Then - before you can blink an eye - suddenly it threatens to start all over again."

"With the first link, the chain is forged. The first speech censured, the first thought forbidden, the first freedom denied, chains us all irrevocably."

• bberge1701bberge1701 Member Posts: 726 Bug Hunter
    edited December 2014
    Here's how it played out for me: I had obtained the Chel Grett on my Federation and KDF characters when it was first available. Last year, I slotted the Chel Grett project on my three new Romulan characters. They were unable to complete it prior to the end of the event.

This year, I continued working on the old projects. As soon as one of my toons completed the project, the cost of the projects (already in progress) dropped to 40 pictures on the other characters (since now I had obtained the Chel Grett through the reputation system). This allowed them to immediately complete the project and claim their ships.
  • terodorterodor Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    This is my first year of winterland and i got all three ships for 1k photos each and not one unlocked for the other toons.
  • kamenriderzero1kamenriderzero1 Member Posts: 906 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    bberge1701 wrote: »
    Here's how it played out for me: I had obtained the Chel Grett on my Federation and KDF characters when it was first available. Last year, I slotted the Chel Grett project on my three new Romulan characters. They were unable to complete it prior to the end of the event.

This year, I continued working on the old projects. As soon as one of my toons completed the project, the cost of the projects (already in progress) dropped to 40 pictures on the other characters (since now I had obtained the Chel Grett through the reputation system). This allowed them to immediately complete the project and claim their ships.

yes, but for those of us who got it the first year and didn't get it last year, we're still up s#!)$ creek without a paddle...

I was working last year and had nether the time nor the energy.
    Everywhere I look, people are screaming about how bad Cryptic is.
    What's my position?
    That people should know what they're screaming about!
    (paraphrased from "The Newsroom)
  • rifor83rifor83 Member Posts: 26 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    I only slotted the projects this year and have just gained both a chel and plesh on two different toons today, and I also have the issue on all my characters (inc. the ones who completed the projects) that they still require 1000 photos.

Hope this is fixed before I have to go back to work (offshore) early Jan so I don't miss out for Cryptic's mistakes! (Or if I do, it would be nice to find a CG and PB in the inventories of all my toons! ;) )

Place annoying e-peen boasting signature here!
  • tinead51tinead51 Member Posts: 449 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    That so called fix is gonna be called " The Father Christmas Patch" as it's only ever seen once a year and is then forgotten about till the next one rolls around... :o