test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Add plasma varients to the Undine and Delta Reputation sets.

davidwforddavidwford Member Posts: 1,836 Arc User
edited December 2014 in Reputation System
Pretty self-explanatory. Since the new ground and space sets for both need either a phaser or disruptor variant, why is there not a plasma version of the energy weapon? I like the move away from faction specific gear (Omega Force) to the unified (Undine, Delta). If a plasma weapon is added to those set, then the Romulan faction will be better served.

And to head off those who might complain that this would give Romulans an unfair advantage due to the character trait, I would remind the naysayers that Romulans are railroaded into plasma(to which everyone NPCs and players alike seem to have resistance against), and the proc is not nearly as useful as that of phasers or disruptors.
Post edited by davidwford on

Comments

• Options
    lindalefflindaleff Member Posts: 3,734 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    Or better yet, give us Antiproton options. I'm an Antiproton purist, so giving me an Antiproton option would give me reason to even touch Reputation stuff. Until then, I'll be exclusively using Fleet gear.
    I completed a 2-man CSE, ISE, and KASE, Optionals included. And I soloed Winter Invasion.
    My Ship Builds: USS Conqueror, HMS Victorious, HMS Concord, ISS Queen Elizabeth, Black Widow III
    Click here to view my DeviantArt.
  • Options
    sekritagentsekritagent Member Posts: 510 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Agree with this, my Romulans would like interesting items like this that fit their existing Plasma investments.

Right now, Regular Plasma and Romulan Plasma are about the only game in town.
    Delta Rising is the best expansion ever and the players love it! No, seriously! ...Why are you laughing so hard? :(
  • Options
    rattler2rattler2 Member Posts: 58,020 Community Moderator
    edited December 2014
    There is the lockbox Corrosive Plasma. Ground weapons not as good, but I've got a full set on my KDF's Chel Grett and it works pretty well.
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)