Options

TIDES OF ICE - fail patch

2»

Comments

• Options
    wilvwilv Member Posts: 390 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    dragnridr wrote: »
    23 characters?!?! Why so damn many? I have at least 1 of each career for each faction with a second FED science Caitian. I am even thinking of adding just one more. I don't plan on going past that though. Any more than that, and might as well just not go outside and see the world.

Simple answer. Because I want to, lol. :rolleyes:
  • Options
    kleenhippiekleenhippie Member Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Seems to me like the time to do maintenance would be at late night or early morning whichever way you want to look at it... It's a major inconvenience for us to have to sit staring at the login screen for two hours when we should be playing; especially when you end up having to do maintenance two or three times a week... Maybe between 1am and 3 am eastern. Now that would be the time to do maintenance.
  • Options
    grouchyotakugrouchyotaku Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Seems to me like the time to do maintenance would be at late night or early morning whichever way you want to look at it... It's a major inconvenience for us to have to sit staring at the login screen for two hours when we should be playing; especially when you end up having to do maintenance two or three times a week... Maybe between 1am and 3 am eastern. Now that would be the time to do maintenance.

Do you have any idea how difficult it would be to find quality network engineers willing to work at such odd hours at reasonable pay rates? And players complain enough already about the costs for Ships and other C-Store items, which covers the costs of F2P....
  • Options
    edited December 2014

Really? What do you think is a bigger inconvenience, 2 hours of down time, or a whole other day of a broken event?
  • Options
    sophus84atsophus84at Member Posts: 404 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    the set will work well with a purple XI deflector and space set also as the core that is bouht is just mx xii its not tooooo much of an difference.

i do upgrade. but i just did the weapons and consoles.. i still sport the mk xii borg set and it wrks fine on advacned ones.

i will do it monthly the 500 zen i geti do convert into dil and then choose one thing i wanna upgrade. with mirror invasion i was able to upgrade all my ship weapons and consoles in about 3 months now to mk xvi. and didnt spend any real money.

i wont upgrade the breen set. i just like to have all sets completed. sort of collecting. each set is on a specific ship. and i have fun with that. as long as they work on advanced i wont upgrade the space sets. with all the new ship powers and mastery levels.

but true I WANT THAT CORE .. xD
    "Mei Borg is net deppat".....

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    maddscottmaddscott Member Posts: 149 Arc User
    edited December 2014

First off, Thanks Cryptic for getting a fix out so soon for "Tides of Ice"..

However, I disagree with unlocking all the store items "account" wide once ONE toon on a multi-toon account completes the pre-requisite "must be completed 10 times".

In effect, this enables folks with multi-toon accounts to run it ten (10) times on one toon and unlock all the "Special" event Items account wide. Something for nothing..

Those of us with multiple toons and/or accounts, assumed the risk of heavier grinds for special events to get all of our toons the "special" gear. That's our risk, not Cryptic. The store items, just like the Winter Event Accolades, should be completed per toon; I see no difference in grinding for Accolades, Marks, or store unlocks..

Some multi-toon friends I have pick and choose which "Toon" runs each event. They may or may not cycle every toon, I chose to cycle all 7 of my toons, as I do for each event.

All 7 of my toons completed the 10 runs and then some; due to the failure to complete bug if someone left before the timer finished for the Queen. I see no reason why Cryptic should unlock the STORE Items account wide.

I had enough "stuff" collected from previous Winter Event's to get what I wanted/needed the day the event started.. Hmm. New T6 Breen Carrier, new Warp Core.. Kit.. Wait.. you mean I can't buy them now ?? I have to do what how MANY times ??

Oh well.. man-up, get the grind done...Seven Times.......
  • Options
    edited December 2014
    as i said READ. i am doing it on ONE Toon but if the frakking event does not give credit you cannot GRIND it as it does not complete the accolade

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited December 2014
    maddscott wrote: »

First off, Thanks Cryptic for getting a fix out so soon for "Tides of Ice"..

However, I disagree with unlocking all the store items "account" wide once ONE toon on a multi-toon account completes the pre-requisite "must be completed 10 times".

In effect, this enables folks with multi-toon accounts to run it ten (10) times on one toon and unlock all the "Special" event Items account wide. Something for nothing..

Those of us with multiple toons and/or accounts, assumed the risk of heavier grinds for special events to get all of our toons the "special" gear. That's our risk, not Cryptic. The store items, just like the Winter Event Accolades, should be completed per toon; I see no difference in grinding for Accolades, Marks, or store unlocks..

Some multi-toon friends I have pick and choose which "Toon" runs each event. They may or may not cycle every toon, I chose to cycle all 7 of my toons, as I do for each event.

All 7 of my toons completed the 10 runs and then some; due to the failure to complete bug if someone left before the timer finished for the Queen. I see no reason why Cryptic should unlock the STORE Items account wide.

I had enough "stuff" collected from previous Winter Event's to get what I wanted/needed the day the event started.. Hmm. New T6 Breen Carrier, new Warp Core.. Kit.. Wait.. you mean I can't buy them now ?? I have to do what how MANY times ??

Oh well.. man-up, get the grind done...Seven Times.......

^
    The tired old song of the elitist.

The WHOLE idea of making the mission a requirement in order to get items is stupid in the first place. It's not enough that we have to grind for the special currency to purchase these items, now we have to grind out a specific mission x amount of times too. That's BS.

I get it. They made a new zone to the map and they want to feel like it was money well spent by having people play it. However, when you force people to grind it out as opposed to making an option it becomes a boring chore.
  • Options
    rjewkesrjewkes Member Posts: 237 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Yes 1am-3Am EST Would be nice for people in that time zone, I am one of those.

However as a natoinwide let alone internationaly played Game, That still puts people somewhere in te world staring at the login screen for 2 hours during their favorite game hour/Primetime for their Zone.

So as long as it makes the game playable for a majority (as little as 51%) of all gamers a 2 hour patch at 7am-9am PST is better than nothing.
    signature2.jpg
    galacticguards.enjin.com/
    Formerly Jewkesman Member from Nov 2009!
  • Options
    baddmoonrizinbaddmoonrizin Member Posts: 10,326 Community Moderator
    edited December 2014
    wilv wrote: »
    That's a matter of personal opinion. I myself have over 23 characters and had no intention of dragging all of them through the mission 10 times just for a warp core...

I feel your pain. I've got 35+ characters and counting myself. :P
    GrWzQke.png
    Star Trek Online Volunteer Community Moderator and Resident She-Wolf
    Community Moderators are Unpaid Volunteers and NOT Employees of Gearbox/Cryptic
    Views and Opinions May Not Reflect the Views and Opinions of Gearbox/Cryptic
    ----> Contact Customer Support <----
    Moderation Problems/Issues? Please contact the Community Manager
    Terms of Service / Community Rules and Policies / FCT
    Want the latest information on Star Trek Online?
    Facebook / Twitter / Twitch
  • Options
    edited December 2014
    I feel your pain. I've got 35+ characters and counting myself. :P

LOL! I actually stopped counting. All I know is I got 23 toons through the mirror event. There were still a bunch I didn't bother with though
  • Options
    edited December 2014
    German patchnotes confirm

TIDES of ICE is NOT FIXED....

they just removed the requirement of 10 times to buy the stuff now

....seriously??? they cant fix that it doesnt give credit anymore after the patched it yesterday where it was giving credit?? so now you get.. nothing ?? for it. .... rofl... serioulsy rofl

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    baddmoonrizinbaddmoonrizin Member Posts: 10,326 Community Moderator
    edited December 2014
    LOL! I actually stopped counting. All I know is I got 23 toons through the mirror event. There were still a bunch I didn't bother with though

Wow, I didn't get quite that many through the Mirror Event. But I think that I've decided to only put my 4 mains and 4 mirror captains through the Mirror Event from now on. :D
    GrWzQke.png
    Star Trek Online Volunteer Community Moderator and Resident She-Wolf
    Community Moderators are Unpaid Volunteers and NOT Employees of Gearbox/Cryptic
    Views and Opinions May Not Reflect the Views and Opinions of Gearbox/Cryptic
    ----> Contact Customer Support <----
    Moderation Problems/Issues? Please contact the Community Manager
    Terms of Service / Community Rules and Policies / FCT
    Want the latest information on Star Trek Online?
    Facebook / Twitter / Twitch
  • Options
    maddscottmaddscott Member Posts: 149 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    ^
    The tired old song of the elitist.

The WHOLE idea of making the mission a requirement in order to get items is stupid in the first place. It's not enough that we have to grind for the special currency to purchase these items, now we have to grind out a specific mission x amount of times too. That's BS.

I get it. They made a new zone to the map and they want to feel like it was money well spent by having people play it. However, when you force people to grind it out as opposed to making an option it becomes a boring chore.

Nope .. not the song of an "elitist" at all.. Just a long time player..

Given your comments, and following your "logic" of the event, negates the whole premise of the game and ALL the missions, levels, rep system, etc. If you create a new toon, it does not come fully equipped. You have to grind it, do the missions, rep system, special events, etc..

How many times did you grind other missions, let's say, to get the marks for the Rep System, or the Old STF's for the Borg set, or even Accolades, such as the "Chef" in the Winter Event, which has iirc, 10 Recipies and only one drops per Invasion mission ??

The winter event is not a "new" zone, just redesigned. Althought I did like the "rustic" version of the past a little better. And, you do have an option; complete the requirements of the "mission" or not.. Thanx..
  • Options
    edited December 2014
    maddscott wrote: »
    Nope .. not the song of an "elitist" at all.. Just a long time player..

Given your comments, and following your "logic" of the event, negates the whole premise of the game and ALL the missions, levels, rep system, etc. If you create a new toon, it does not come fully equipped. You have to grind it, do the missions, rep system, special events, etc..

How many times did you grind other missions, let's say, to get the marks for the Rep System, or the Old STF's for the Borg set, or even Accolades, such as the "Chef" in the Winter Event, which has iirc, 10 Recipies and only one drops per Invasion mission ??

The winter event is not a "new" zone, just redesigned. Althought I did like the "rustic" version of the past a little better. And, you do have an option; complete the requirements of the "mission" or not.. Thanx..

Way to reach.

Your logic is flawed. This isn't a mission or rep project that will be around forever. This is a once a year event, that'll only be available for a few weeks. You're also assuming I bothered to grind for the "Chef" accolade. Frankly I haven't bothered to go for the "Chef" accolade ever. And the other sets I can grind for at my leisure because they are available for me to do whenever I choose. Rep marks are available through various missions and projects, none of which are limited or restricted. I can get a Romulan set on a toon today and get another one 3 months from now. At this point, that's NOT the case with these winter event items.

As for my statement about the new zone, I wasn't talking about the entire winter event being a new zone. I was specifically referring to the Tides of Ice zone, which is new and also the required mission to unlock the new loot.

I too am an "old time player" and I don't think the game should be a chore. Especially when it comes to a festive event.