test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Tribble Maintenance and Release Notes - December 9, 2014

coldsnappedcoldsnapped Member Posts: 520 Cryptic Developer
Tribble is being brought down for maintenance to update it to build ST.46.20141123a.11

General:
  • Increased the damage of all Mark 13 and 14 space weapons.
  • Resolved an issue where earning the specialization power "Improved Predictive Algorithms" would not overwrite "Predictive Algorithms" if it was slotted.
    • This issue would cause “Predictive Algorithms” to be stuck in a slotted state.
    • "Improved Predictive Algorithms" is meant to replace "Predictive Algorithms".
  • Resolved an issue with the loadout system which would occasionally un-slot Power Icons, Bridge Officer and/or Assigned Duty Officers when transitioning to a new map.
  • Addressed an issue that prevented Hyper-Dual Refracting Tetryon Beam Banks from gaining their Epic mod upon reaching Epic quality.
    • Existing ones will have the appropriate mod added.
  • Resolved an issue in the Dyson Sphere Battlezone where players who were teamed were not getting enough credit to earn rewards.
  • Resolved an issue where an Undine would not spawn during the “Defend the Orb” objective in “Undine Infiltration”.
  • Resolved an issue with the Delta Ground Set power High Frequency Electromagnetic Pulse so that is no longer destroys enemies other than Small Devices & Turrets as was intended.
  • Resolved an issue with the timing of the audio for the cargo bay door in the Voyager interior.

Winter Event:
  • Thrown Snowballs are now 4 times as effective as they previously were vs. Boss-type snowmen.
    • This includes both the Yeti and Snow Baron from the Winter Invasion, the Snorg Queen, and the Snowman Overlord.
  • Ground Weapon “Hail”:
    • The primary fire of "Hail" no longer incorrectly has a 100% chance to knock back snowmen.
      • Reduced to 20% per hit.
    • The secondary fire of "Hail" no longer incorrectly has a 100% chance to knock back snowmen.
      • Reduced to 10% per hit.
    • The secondary fire of "Hail" no longer Exposes snowmen.
      • This had no effect during snowball combat.
  • Candycane Caltrops: Now has a cooldown timer of 60 seconds, up from 45 seconds.
  • Duty Officers that summon additional Security backup are no longer triggered by Gingerbread Security Team.

Known Issues:
  • Numerous uniform clipping issues with the Talaxian Dress Uniform, Female Odyssey uniforms with collars, and Female Khan Upper piece.
  • Delta and Undine hourly reputation projects do not mention the 3-a-day limit.
  • Intelligence Team is not applying the Stealth buff.
Post edited by coldsnapped on

Comments

• Options
    gulberatgulberat Member Posts: 5,505 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Oooooh, UIA/UIE fix... :-D Now if you can figure out a way to fail only individuals who can't read (or deliberately grief their teams) during interrogation, this STF will be a flawless masterpiece.

Christian Gaming Community Fleets--Faith, Fun, and Fellowship! See the website and PM for more. :-)
    Proudly F2P.  Signature image by gulberat. Avatar image by balsavor.deviantart.com.
  • Options
    khamseenairkhamseenair Member Posts: 2,640 Bug Hunter
    edited December 2014
    Still no fix for the game breaking crash to desktop a lot of us are experiencing every hour or so since Winter "Wonder" Land went live. :(
    gulberat wrote: »
    Oooooh, UIA/UIE fix... :-D Now if you can figure out a way to fail only individuals who can't read (or deliberately grief their teams) during interrogation, this STF will be a flawless masterpiece.

Yes, this needs done. I've had more than one where a troll has told us he's going to answer wrong before the shield has even gone down and then right away he does it and we're all then punished with a cooldown.

The new objective is nice, I like that people have to read, but Cryptic also has to take into account that there are people out there who derive pleasure simply from pissing people off and the whole team shouldn't suffer for that.
    Join date is wrong, I've actually been around since STO Beta.
    True alters don't have a "main". Account wide unlocks for all unique event rewards!!
  • Options
    squadalaxdsquadalaxd Member Posts: 40 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Increased the damage of all Mark 13 and 14 space weapons.

How much? 10,20% ?
  • Options
    gulberatgulberat Member Posts: 5,505 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Wow, I've never had one THAT bad before, where the guy actually announced it.

I recently had a 5/10 with a team where 4 of us were from the CGC and in Teamspeak with me. Now, it WAS a training mission where I was showing a few players new to the STF how to do it--so I was expecting 1 or 2 wrong answers at the most, and had encouraged my team to take the interrogations slow so they could read the clues. Well, our PUG went around the map failing as many questions as he could. I have no doubt this was the case because I know the other three and was occasionally helping them answering questions--that the PUG jerk took advantage of our team's slow interrogation time to TRIBBLE us over as much as possible.

Now, simply giving credit TO individuals who get questions RIGHT will not work IMO, because if you get a person like this who outruns the rest of the team racking up as many fails as possible, they will take marks away. Not to mention that a mechanic like I describe is a major mark nerf anyway because it means no one can get credit for a full 10/10 if the team gets one and that is not acceptable.

But taking away the rewards from the one person who answers a question wrong might get the point across. (The only problem THEN comes if someone screws up, leaves, and makes the rest of the team 4-man it but at least then you still have a fairly OK chance in UIN and UIA to get through OK. Elite--maybe still let the whole team fail out? Not sure.)

Christian Gaming Community Fleets--Faith, Fun, and Fellowship! See the website and PM for more. :-)
    Proudly F2P.  Signature image by gulberat. Avatar image by balsavor.deviantart.com.
  • Options
    tarastheslayertarastheslayer Member Posts: 1,541 Bug Hunter
    edited December 2014
    I'd still like to see the Kobali Shield added as a replay reward, also would like to see xp rewards significantly improved across the board and upgrade dilithium costs reduced. If those all happen I'll be a lot happier :)

Some nice fixes though, hope to see the ones above soon.
    Ten soldiers wisely led will beat a hundred without a head. - Euripides
    I no longer do any Bug Hunting work for Cryptic. I may resume if a serious attempt to fix the game is made.
  • Options
    pashganpashgan Member Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    and upgrade dilithium costs reduced

Yes, please. Having 6 toons and ~360k dil upgrade cost per each toon per single space/ground set - this isn't fun. Especially when single-toon players will get their xiii-xiv guns boosted even further.
  • Options
    sirokksirokk Member Posts: 990 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Nice to see a possible resolution for the power trays.

Ok, now we need to have the NPC hitpoints reduced. I am up for a challenge but having small NPC fighter ships having 10x the hitpoints of a large player cruiser is ridiculous.

It's not hard, it just takes WAY TOO LONG to take down NPCs. There's very little content that I want to play anymore because it just takes too long to play.

Thanks.
    Star Trek Battles Channel - Play Star Trek like they did in the series!Avatar: pinterest-com/pin/14003448816884219Are you sure it isn't time for a "colorful metaphor"? --Spock in 'The Voyage Home'
    SCE ADVISORY NOTICE: Improper Impulse Engine maintenance can result in REAR THRUSTER LEAKAGE. ALWAYS have your work inspected by another qualified officer.
  • Options
    heckgoblinheckgoblin Member Posts: 685
    edited December 2014

I am become death, the destroyer of klinks.
    I AM WAR.
  • Options
    bridgernbridgern Member Posts: 709 Arc User
    edited December 2014

I am sorry but why? We already have players than can to extreme damage between 50 and 100K DPS do you really need to buff those builds even more.
    Bridger.png
  • Options
    dontdrunkimshootdontdrunkimshoot Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    oh boy, now upgraded weapons are even more of a requirement then before:rolleyes:
  • Options
    edited December 2014
    For example:

Cannons: http://i.imgur.com/552ywSf.jpg

Beams: http://i.imgur.com/clEMDE1.jpg

Cannons seems to receive a quite good increase in DPS while the difference on Beams is close not not existent.
    Bridger.png
  • Options
    virusdancervirusdancer Member Posts: 18,687 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Has anybody had Predictive cleanse a debuff? (What about Improved Predictive? I've only got Predictive.) Cause so far, I haven't found a debuff/hazard/negative effect that it cleanses...
  • Options
    john98837john98837 Member Posts: 761 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    The Mk 14 damage increase is not being effected by attack patterns making it effectively useless for beams, and really cannons to. Difference actually decreased from about a 75 dps increase on Mk 14 Epic AP Beam Arrays to only about a 60 dps difference after buffing.

Damage increase wasn't needed, but if your just going to increase it this little why bother doing it at all.
  • Options
    edited December 2014
    Has anybody had Predictive cleanse a debuff? (What about Improved Predictive? I've only got Predictive.) Cause so far, I haven't found a debuff/hazard/negative effect that it cleanses...

I think it does until you are up to your four stacks, but I also have the feeling that it does not work.
    Bridger.png
  • Options
    toivatoiva Member Posts: 3,276 Arc User
    edited December 2014

Nope, never.

I reported it, to no avail. (Talking about the base 'Predictive Algorithms', not the 'Improved ...' one.)

Back on topic though: nice you work on loadouts and do some other bugfixing. However I'm not sure how I like the Mk XIII/Mk XIV wep buffing. As someone who didn't upgrade my gear, I feel like you're trying to push me to it by any means. It can however make the 'hull sponge' PvE experience more pleasant to those that do upgrade.
    TOIVA, Toi Vaxx, Toia Vix, Toveg, T'vritha, To Vrax: Bring in the Allegiance class.
    Toi'Va, Ti'vath, Toivia, Ty'Vris, Tia Vex, Toi'Virth: Add Tier 6 KDF Carrier and Raider.
    Tae'Va, T'Vaya, To'Var, Tevra, T'Vira, To'Vrak: Give us Asylums for Romulans.

Don't make ARC mandatory! Keep it optional only!
  • Options
    coolheadalcoolheadal Member Posts: 1,253 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    How about Mark 12 gear are those programmed correctly like weapons. I'll check my Mark 13 and 14 see how well they do. But the game is crashing today. So whatever you did with 12.9.14 patch as effected everyone today here!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Time will only tell!
  • Options
    jodarkriderjodarkrider Member Posts: 2,097 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    • ...., Female Odyssey uniforms with collars...
    There aren't clipping issues with female Ody uniforms (Specifically, Dress & Long Jackets), more like the improvements you guys did on those were completelly reverted to *OLD* & very clippy, crappy versions. Makes me sad it's gonna be lingering on live server for at least another week. :rolleyes:

These collar clipping issues were perfectly addressed on 27th November patch on live server.

I made a bug report topic on this last Thursday. Can be still found HERE
    [10:20] Your Lunge deals 4798 (2580) Physical Damage(Critical) to Tosk of Borg.

Star Trek Online Volunteer Community Moderator
    "bIghojchugh DaneH, Dumev pagh. bIghojqangbe'chugh, DuQaHlaH pagh."
    "Learn lots. Don't judge. Laugh for no reason. Be nice. Seek happiness." ~Day[9] 
    "Your fun isn't wrong." ~LaughingTrendy

Find me on Twitterverse - @jodarkrider

• Options
    ashkrik23ashkrik23 Member Posts: 10,809 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Caitians and Ferasans still have a few tailor problems.

We cannot use feline hands with club wear.

We cannot use tails for Delta Rep armor.

Females cannot use slit eyes with the new winter hats.
    King of Lions rawr! Protect the wildlife of the world. Check out my foundry series Perfection and Scars of the Pride. arcgames.com/en/forums#/discussion/1138650/ashkrik23s-foundry-missions
    ashkrik_by_lindale_ff-d65zc3i.png
  • Options
    canis36canis36 Member Posts: 737 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    No health buff for the Snorg Queen? She dies incredibly fast - too fast really. Killing her is really unsatisfying atm :(
  • Options
    lan451lan451 Member Posts: 3,386 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    I guess my caltrops and snowblower combo soloing lanes was too hot to handle. Oh well, was fun while it lasted. :P
    JWZrsUV.jpg
    Mine Trap Supporter
  • Options
    wildweasalwildweasal Member Posts: 1,053 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    bridgern wrote: »
    I am sorry but why? We already have players than can to extreme damage between 50 and 100K DPS do you really need to buff those builds even more.

SMH ......thats it im done.... nothing going on here makes any sense any more....EDIT: but then again...may be they raised it because it a way to off set the big TRIBBLE NPC hitpoints? i dont knwo im just trying to make sense of what they are doing now ......and im losing
    3ondby_zpsikszslyx.jpg
  • Options
    zeuxidemus001zeuxidemus001 Member Posts: 3,357 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    I wonder how much of an increase those weapons will get something like 2 damage points or something? I think the problem of that is the amount of dilithium required doesn't justify the increase especially when you are doing this per item lol.

Yeah would be nice if these adv and elite ques were doable since just 1 person either not knowing what to do or intentionally trolling these queues is breaking the whole experience of having anything close to fun in this grindfest of an expansion lol. The only thing expanding is the urge to play somewhere else rofl.
  • Options
    battykoda0battykoda0 Member Posts: 959 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    For example:

Cannons: http://i.imgur.com/552ywSf.jpg

Beams: http://i.imgur.com/clEMDE1.jpg

Cannons seems to receive a quite good increase in DPS while the difference on Beams is close not not existent.

You are right. Beams got just about 50% the boost cannons did. Maybe a roundabout FAW nerf?
    Wow. There is a new KDF Science ship. I'll be!
  • Options
    frtoasterfrtoaster Member Posts: 3,352 Arc User
    edited December 2014

What about consoles? The last time I checked, around the time the upgrade system was released, consoles scaled linearly from Mk I to Mk XIV. One could also ask about all other types of equipment:

ship shields
    deflectors
    engines
    warp cores
    singularity cores
    ground weapons
    ground shields
    ground armor
    Waiting for a programmer ...
    qVpg1km.png
  • Options
    frtoasterfrtoaster Member Posts: 3,352 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    toiva wrote: »
    As someone who didn't upgrade my gear, I feel like you're trying to push me to it by any means. It can however make the 'hull sponge' PvE experience more pleasant to those that do upgrade.
    I wonder how much of an increase those weapons will get something like 2 damage points or something? I think the problem of that is the amount of dilithium required doesn't justify the increase especially when you are doing this per item lol.

I wonder if their statistics show many people like me who haven't upgraded a thing and are still holding on to all their dilithium.
    Waiting for a programmer ...
    qVpg1km.png
  • Options
    mustrumridcully0mustrumridcully0 Member Posts: 12,963 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    battykoda0 wrote: »
    You are right. Beams got just about 50% the boost cannons did. Maybe a roundabout FAW nerf?

The damage boost is a percentage of the weapon's base damage. The base damage of a beam array is less than half of that of a DHC, of course so is the extra damage then.

And of course, it's even more complicated with that, due to the way the various damage increasing mechanics (skills, powers, crits) interact.
    Star Trek Online Advancement: You start with lowbie gear, you end with Lobi gear.
  • Options
    arrmateysarrmateys Member Posts: 464 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    because the majority of players barely break 10k dps, and they shouldn't be punished because of some minmaxing exploiter vocal minority who wants the entire game to get even less fun than it did since delta rising went live. enjoying your 10x hull increase?

people like you cried about overpowered minmaxers as if they were the norm, and cryptic balanced the whole game around them, affecting all of us in the process.

here's how to fix the problem better. don't lower the damages across the board. introduce dimnishing returns for tac consoles, weapons and dps in general. every minmaxer will be kicked down to casual level, and your 50-100k dps won't be an issue anymore, while casuals won't feel the difference.

snow queen is too hard in smaller groups, don't give her even more flat hitpoint increase. her base hp should be reduced, but then multiplied (or have her res multiplied on the fly) by the number of participating players so she always scales to the group and is beatable even in a group of 3 or 4 (or less), which will become the norm the longer winter event is going.
    Now clowns, that's another story. They scare the cr​ap out of me.
    We fight them too. Entire armies spilling out of Volkswagens.
    We do our best to fight them off, but they keep sending them in.
  • Options
    frakrfrakr Member Posts: 46 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    frtoaster wrote: »
    I wonder if their statistics show many people like me who haven't upgraded a thing and are still holding on to all their dilithium.

Which is the main reason for the weapon buff. To pull dilithium from the players ...
  • Options
    virusdancervirusdancer Member Posts: 18,687 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    wildweasal wrote: »
    SMH ......thats it im done.... nothing going on here makes any sense any more....EDIT: but then again...may be they raised it because it a way to off set the big TRIBBLE NPC hitpoints? i dont knwo im just trying to make sense of what they are doing now ......and im losing

Probably along the lines of the upgrade not generating enough revenue because folks didn't see the increases being worth it when there are so many other things that can increase damage much cheaper...lol, if they were to fix some of the bugs - more folks might invest in upgrades.
  • Options
    karcornerkarcorner Member Posts: 294 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    When will they patch holodeck?? 2 patches to tribble and none to holodeck.....