test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Oh look ... another T6 ship that isn't KDF (or Romulan) ...

autumnturningautumnturning Member Posts: 743 Arc User
edited December 2014 in Klingon Discussion
To quote a rather famous turn of phrase from a mildly popular entertainment ...
"I'm shocked! Shocked to learn that there is gambling in this establishment!"

"Your winnings, sir."

"Oh yes, thank you."
Post edited by autumnturning on

Comments

• jamesdaxjamesdax Member Posts: 159 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    To quote a rather famous turn of phrase from a mildly popular entertainment ...

Well, to be fair it isn't Fed either.
  • warmaker001bwarmaker001b Member Posts: 9,205 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    It's not a Fed ship, so I'm not too hung up about it.

However, the next batch of Faction T6 ships come out and it's Fed only?...
    XzRTofz.gif
  • zeuxidemus001zeuxidemus001 Member Posts: 3,357 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    It's not a Fed ship, so I'm not too hung up about it.

However, the next batch of Faction T6 ships come out and it's Fed only?...

I'll be honest I am still in shock to why the KDF even got any ships. Although if you look at how the game has been going since DR has launched you will notice how the game was more dead than when people learned all their gear was going to be obsolete with DR.

As far as more KDF ships I don't see how that will happen especially this time since most players just went and bought the pack versus purchasing just the KDF ships. So we aren't really counted if we did it that way in the metrics lol.

Although what would really be a change for the better is when they did this kind of pot luck thing with these special ships. If they would start something up where federation has the ability to get something from a certain race like for example maybe a betazoid fortune teller cruiser or something from the orion, gorn, nausicaan, etc line that is in the game but we never had access to buying lol.

Personally though if this game lasts 6 more months I will be amazed. The whole intel ships and the skill point grind from this expansion which isn't really an expansion but a true grasping at straws just to keep alive looks desperate on their part to stay in business.
  • starkaosstarkaos Member Posts: 11,556 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    The ultra-expensive alien ships seems to be a Christmas tradition.

Winter 2011 - Jem'Hadar Attack ship
    Winter 2013 - Voth Bulwark Dreadnought Cruiser
    Winter 2014 - Elachi Sheshar Dreadnought Cruiser

As far as the last ship being Federation, the entire Expansion is about Voyager so it doesn't make sense to not have a Tier 6 Voyager. If Voyager encountered new Romulan and Klingon ships in the Delta Quadrant, then they would have been represented as well.
  • warmaker001bwarmaker001b Member Posts: 9,205 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    starkaos wrote: »

As far as the last ship being Federation, the entire Expansion is about Voyager so it doesn't make sense to not have a Tier 6 Voyager. If Voyager encountered new Romulan and Klingon ships in the Delta Quadrant, then they would have been represented as well.

The idea of a T6 VOY after DR's release I have no issue with.

The idea of nothing at all in terms of Faction T6 Ships outside the 1 intel / 1 non-intel ships for the KDF & Roms is what I have issue with. Esp in contrast to the whopping 6 Fed T6 ships out now.
    XzRTofz.gif
  • starkaosstarkaos Member Posts: 11,556 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    The idea of a T6 VOY after DR's release I have no issue with.

The idea of nothing at all in terms of Faction T6 Ships outside the 1 intel / 1 non-intel ships for the KDF & Roms is what I have issue with. Esp in contrast to the whopping 6 Fed T6 ships out now.

Obviously Cryptic went overboard with the Federation ships, but since Delta Rising is all about Voyager, a Tier 6 Dauntless and Tier 6 Intrepid were necessary ASAP. Unfortunately, Star Trek is all about the Federation so Starfleet will always get priority. The next Tier 6 Klingon and Romulan ships will be out for the Anniversary in February unless they release C-Store ships in January.
  • mimey2mimey2 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Obviously Cryptic went overboard with the Federation ships, but since Delta Rising is all about Voyager, a Tier 6 Dauntless and Tier 6 Intrepid were necessary ASAP. Unfortunately, Star Trek is all about the Federation so Starfleet will always get priority. The next Tier 6 Klingon and Romulan ships will be out for the Anniversary in February unless they release C-Store ships in January.

I've never really liked that line of reasoning, "Star Trek was always about the Federation."

Sorry, but not really. It is more that Star Trek was about Starfleet, and to be more specific and true, really it was about individual ships (and one station), along with the main crew on said ships (and station).

But to say that because Star Trek was so focused on that, is justification to say that Feds in STO should always have priority, just is not the right thing at all.

If anything, they should use this to try and really stretch out and make more unique designs for Romulans and Klingons. The huge glut of canon ships really kind of holds the devs back, because so many are just 'set in stone' already.

Despite all that has happened in the game, there are Klingon players who want to support the game, but aren't able to because of the severe lack of ships that they are given, same thing for the Romulan players nowadays as well. Because in the end, everything DOES go to the Fed side. There's cross-faction stuff, yes, but there is always the air of 'feels like Fed' for all of it.

Is it really so wrong for a non-Fed to ask for something they can buy to support the game?
    I remain empathetic to the concerns of my community, but do me a favor and lay off the god damn name calling and petty remarks. It will get you nowhere.
    I must admit, respect points to Trendy for laying down the law like that.
  • terlokiterloki Member Posts: 287 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    I've still got my fingers crossed for a T6 Negh'Var a-la the Regent. Come on, daddy needs a new big-gun battlecruiser!
    Admiral Katrina Tokareva - U.S.S. Cosmos, Yorktown-class Star Cruiser
    Admiral Dananra Lekall - R.R.W. Teverresh, Deihu-class Warbird
    General J'Kar son of K'tsulan - I.K.S. Dlahath, Vo'devwl-class Carrier
  • norobladnoroblad Member Posts: 2,624 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    the sci carrier is VERY welcome for KDF and ROM sci captains. VERY.

The box and lobi and R&D pack ships are also quite good for all 3 factions.

I have NO issues with cross faction ships; I like them. Esp for my roms, who prefer them to the rom lineup which is redundant. If you have ONE tac seated tac console rom gunship, getting a second ship is just more of the same.

We need some faction ships, but I will gladly take cross faction ships of this quality. Esp the free one. If I can earn the dil to open a pack or 3 for the elachi, so be it. No money on it though... no money at all for pwe until kdf or rom get a good t6.
  • greendragon527greendragon527 Member Posts: 386 Arc User
    edited December 2014

They also encountered a D7. So T6 D7 here we come :P
  • lordmalak1lordmalak1 Member Posts: 4,681 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    I'll be honest I am still in shock to why the KDF even got any ships. Although if you look at how the game has been going since DR has launched you will notice how the game was more dead than when people learned all their gear was going to be obsolete with DR.

As far as more KDF ships I don't see how that will happen especially this time since most players just went and bought the pack versus purchasing just the KDF ships. So we aren't really counted if we did it that way in the metrics lol.

Although what would really be a change for the better is when they did this kind of pot luck thing with these special ships. If they would start something up where federation has the ability to get something from a certain race like for example maybe a betazoid fortune teller cruiser or something from the orion, gorn, nausicaan, etc line that is in the game but we never had access to buying lol.

Personally though if this game lasts 6 more months I will be amazed. The whole intel ships and the skill point grind from this expansion which isn't really an expansion but a true grasping at straws just to keep alive looks desperate on their part to stay in business.

Heh, I bought that T6 KDF raptor even tho I didn't need or want it, just to support the faction. Isn't that what cryptic expects of us ? No I didn't actually spend any money, but my zen bank is now empty after 2 years.
    KBF Lord MalaK
    Awoken Dead
    giphy.gif

Now shaddup about the queues, it's a BUG
    edited December 2014
    lordmalak1 wrote: »
    Heh, I bought that T6 KDF raptor even tho I didn't need or want it, just to support the faction. Isn't that what cryptic expects of us ? No I didn't actually spend any money, but my zen bank is now empty after 2 years.

I bought one too, but I used the MU event dil (and a lot of farmer toons).
    Its a pretty good ship. We can complain about # of ships, and be upset at that issue, but the maha is a well made ship and performs its intended role well.
  • breadandcircusesbreadandcircuses Member Posts: 2,355 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Yes, we have valid complaints about our limited offerings, but at least the cross-faction ships are available to all.

I do have complaints about nine T6 ships divided by three factions somehow equaling 5 Federation ships in the Ops Pack. I do have complaints about there being no faction-specific mini versions of the Ops Pack available for players that don't want or need 5 Fed ships while only getting two for their main faction. I do have complaints about there being six T6 C-Store options for the Federation and only two each for the KDF and Roms.

I have NO complaints about cross-faction ship offerings in and of themselves. Those are available in equal number and capability to any faction. They don't continue bloating one faction's options without contributing anything to another. These, I am just fine with.
    Ym9x9Ji.png
    meimeitoo wrote: »
    I do not like Geko ether.
    iconians wrote: »
    With each passing day I wonder if I stepped into an alternate reality. The Cubs win the world series. Donald Trump is President. Britain leaves the EU. STO gets a dedicated PvP season. Engineers are "out of control" in STO.​​
  • tom61stotom61sto Member Posts: 3,669 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    terloki wrote: »
    I've still got my fingers crossed for a T6 Negh'Var a-la the Regent. Come on, daddy needs a new big-gun battlecruiser!

Something interesting like a dual-Lt. Comm Tac or the Mirror Negh'Var with a Tac slot bumped to Lt. Comm along with the Lt. Comm Sci it has would be cool in my book.

The Regent's counter part is the Fleet Tor'kaht, BTW. We just happened to get the more-or-less clone before the original came out due to a schedule slip.

Edit:
    Any particular reason the Shesar would be good for KDF? On Feds, the Reciprocity Ship Trait can bring it on par with at least Falchion variant of the Scimitar, with Tac and Intel traits being able to be knocked down to global in most PvE. Without that, or using an Aux2Bat 1 and 2 stacked build (which may or may not reduce the cooldown on Intel abilities -- had issues with that on an Aux2Bat Qib,) it doesn't seem much more capable than a Bortasqu' unless deploying the bottom half increases the turnrate.
  • kamuii2kamuii2 Member Posts: 231 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Ill put my 2 cents in. there are a lot of klingon and romulan players and we do have money to spend. the problem is that we already own everything. the lack of ships/costumes/content for klingon and rom makes us unable to spend as much money on the game as fed players. as far as cross faction ships, most of them are unobtainable to most players due to their high prices. Example: jem hadar attack ship = 500+mil ec.
    edited December 2014
    kamuii2 wrote: »
    Ill put my 2 cents in. there are a lot of klingon and romulan players and we do have money to spend. the problem is that we already own everything. the lack of ships/costumes/content for klingon and rom makes us unable to spend as much money on the game as fed players. as far as cross faction ships, most of them are unobtainable to most players due to their high prices. Example: jem hadar attack ship = 500+mil ec.

Honestly...
    JHAS is an anomaly. First, its not in box or lobi store, so the supply is much, much, much lower than others. Second, its a decent ship in and of itself AND its tied to the carrier for pets, so demand is high. The price reflects this. Most players cannot easily afford a JHAS, this much is true.

Most box ships cost a fraction of the JHAS, and most players can earn one over time. I mean, take a look at the t6 offerings: the benthan is under 70 million, and the t6 lobi ship is the standard 800 lobi or whatever price (did not look but its probably under 100 mil).

It takes 2-3 months to earn 70 million for a modestly active player, sure. But if you want the ship, you CAN earn that, or for a bit longer, 100 mil for the more "average" box ship price for the t5s. I mean, one of the first things I did as a new player was earn 80 mil for my recluse -- granted, I found a nice way to make money (it was at a time when rom SRO officers were 10 mil each, so I sold officers over a month or so). But you can do it now with blue crafting mats, upgrade tokens, certain upgradeable crafted purple weapons at MK2, and a dozen other ways will get you money hand over fist. The Rom officer market crashed, but since DR I have already earned 1 box ship and am close to getting a benthan cruiser --- all that from in-game earnings. I also have a t6 raptor, also from in-game earnings (that being 100% of my take from mirror event across a LOT of chars, but the others, from EC, were just farmed with my main 2 chars).

Its not even close to impossible to own the majority of the cross faction ships. A small # of them are very pricey, but again, EC earning is just a time sink, and if you want it, you will earn it, eventually.
    off the top of my head I have earned in game
    recluse
    JHDC
    nicor
    TS adapated cruiser (X2)
    and probably one or two more
  • kamuii2kamuii2 Member Posts: 231 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    I was mainly saying we need more actual klingon and romulan ships/content. the devs are constantly saying feds spend more money so they get more content. What they dont seem to understand is that the klingon/romulan players would fork out the same if not more if the devs would give us the faction stuff to spend it on.
    edited December 2014
    kamuii2 wrote: »
    I was mainly saying we need more actual klingon and romulan ships/content. the devs are constantly saying feds spend more money so they get more content. What they dont seem to understand is that the klingon/romulan players would fork out the same if not more if the devs would give us the faction stuff to spend it on.

well, yea, absolutely.
    Rom is obvious. Count the # of scimitars you see. Multiply by 25$. It a good chunk of change.

KDF is unclear. Factor out the lifers and fed alts ... its hard to say. I mean, I see a millionty karfi carriers, but you can get it free as a lifer, so fed alts in cheap ships abound. Same for half the t5 ship lineup, there are so few, and several can be had for "free" for fed lifer alts. And the DR pack --- you can't count the # of mahas and cruisers because they were "free" to fed alts. Its not as simple as counting scimitars. But someone out there is spending on KDF... theres a KDF in almost every STF I do, and their gear and ships came from some money somewhere (even if originally bought for fed, its a paying customer).

If they make it, someone will buy it. A lot of someones.
  • jaguarskxjaguarskx Member Posts: 5,945 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    The Breen Carrier is the primary reason why I am considering creating a KDF Science toon.... Just need to grind a bit of Dil to buy 2 more slots. I am getting it for my Fed Science toon (just to have since it is not a necessity) and also my Rom Science toon. I am not crazy about sacrificing 40 point of power for singularity abilities on my Rom Science toon since that means I need sacrifice weapon power for auxiliary power.

I would like a T6 BoP though...
  • joehighland1joehighland1 Member Posts: 26 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Well first off, im not a sub/lifetime. Was at one time along time ago when you got a ship with every other few ranks, But my problem isnt getting the credits, its the ability of only able to have 10mill credits. I have never really looked into why, never needed the credits untill now, but would be nice to beable to buy a box ship off the the market. well i cant even do that with a 10mill credit cap. those box ships start at 15mill for a TRIBBLE one. But when ever the game decides to work again, not holding my breath. i will figure out why i have a 10 million credit cap. its probably because cryptic wants me to spend real money for fake money. I can understand that...i guess.
  • kriskringle3kriskringle3 Member Posts: 158 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    SOLUTION:

Convert some Dilithium to Zen, and buy the "Cap Increase" from the Zen store.
  • joehighland1joehighland1 Member Posts: 26 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    ya your are right! the game just came back online 500 zen = credit increase account wide. see even after 5 years i still learn something new about STO. Now if only i could remember what i was doing for those past 5 years....oh ya grinding in sto... see you in the game.
  • miirikmiirik Member Posts: 483 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    I still cry at night over the lack of T6 BoP or T6 science vessel, though this new dreadnought got me thinking...

T6 GORN SUPPORT (science vessel) DREADNOUGHT LETS GO CRYPTIC!
  • szerontzurszerontzur Member Posts: 2,724 Arc User
    edited December 2014

I'm right there with you on this one. We've gotten two nice 'medium' attack-battlecruisers(Mogh and Qib) recently, but I'm still wanting a big, beefy C-store Klingon "battleship" to replace the Neghvar(and Bortasqu, to a lesser extent).

However, KDF doesn't get ships very often and it is in "need" of a T6 Raider and Carrier before anything else. (A new FDC would round off the defensive/support line-up nicely as well.)
  • zeuxidemus001zeuxidemus001 Member Posts: 3,357 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    szerontzur wrote: »
    I'm right there with you on this one. We've gotten two nice 'medium' attack-battlecruisers(Mogh and Qib) recently, but I'm still wanting a big, beefy C-store Klingon "battleship" to replace the Neghvar(and Bortasqu, to a lesser extent).

However, KDF doesn't get ships very often and it is in "need" of a T6 Raider and Carrier before anything else. (A new FDC would round off the defensive/support line-up nicely as well.)

I'm hoping they are going to leave their track record in the past and start pushing out stuff we really need. Like the T6 carrier and as well like geko said once about making bops where they had roles this could work out if they push enough of them out.

As well I've been waiting around 2 years since Geko said in a podcast a C-store Negh'var coming very soon lol. Lets hope their lack of KDF development turns out to be a good thing saving room to where we get our c-store ships we should have as T6's instead of T5-U's which they would have been if they pushed out ships like they do the fed side.

One design Idea I wanted to see get done for a true hit and run bop would be one that builds up insane weapons power amounts while cloaked. Then it keeps dropping the longer you stay decloaked where it would put more emphasis on using the battle cloak since in theory being decloaked too long would put you at bare minimum weapons power amounts. Just my 2 cents on this ship issue.
  • prometheusnxprometheusnx Member Posts: 61 Arc User
    edited December 2014

Sighs....this is something I've dreamed about... :o