test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

WW BUG: Unable to purchase new gear from vendor

ddesjardinsddesjardins Member Posts: 3,056 Media Corps
edited December 2014 in PC Gameplay Bug Reports
RESOLVED: some items have event gates where you must complete 1-10 of the new event before you can purchase said items. Hope this is account complete....

In the cases of the warp cores, it's 10x tides of ice

Federation aligned Romulan
T'Hrax@ddesjardins

Unable to purchase any of the new rewards. New products are greyed out. Have sufficient Earmuffs etc in my inventory, but all of the new gear is greyed out including the new warp and singularity drives.

Images attached.

5IlNnb8.png

QQU4kDF.png
Post edited by ddesjardins on

Comments

• Options
    westx211westx211 Member Posts: 42,247 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    You have to have completed tides of ice at least once to buy the new stuff
    Men are not punished for their sins, but by them.
  • Options
    z3ndor99z3ndor99 Member Posts: 1,391 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    What the emperor said, just play it once an all the shiny new stuff is yours!!!!
  • Options
    chacesumichacesumi Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    And what if that dont work, Have done it several times.
  • Options
    cuatelacuatela Member Posts: 296 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Apparently not everything unlocks just by doing Tides of Ice. The new weapons and knitted hat did not unlock for me, but the coats and ornaments did. I have done Tides, the invasion, and the normal snowman event twice each.

• Options
    crypticfrostcrypticfrost Member Posts: 1,479 Cryptic Developer
    edited December 2014
    If you double click the grayed out items, a message will pop that tells you what's needed to unlock them.
    STO QA Team
  • Options
    ddesjardinsddesjardins Member Posts: 3,056 Media Corps
    edited December 2014
    Thank you all for the fast replys - TY Mr. Frost - will go back and try again.
  • Options
    bfelczerbfelczer Member Posts: 76 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Make sure your overflow bag is free from any of those items used to purchase, too.

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=
  • Options
    edited December 2014
    If you double click the grayed out items, a message will pop that tells you what's needed to unlock them.

Would be nice to see the item's prerequisites in the item's tooltip, or while hovering over the item, or... in the dev blog that explained how to get everything

• Options
    alastorforthrighalastorforthrigh Member Posts: 222 Arc User
    edited December 2014

Except tides of Ice isn't completing, i've done it 4 times now but only have credit for one. So with it bugging out and requiring (at least) an instance change to get credit the next time you run it it's going to be difficult to unlock the gear.
    2qTOAB3.gif
  • Options
    jonathanlonehawkjonathanlonehawk Member Posts: 674 Arc User
    edited December 2014

Do I have to run Tides of Ice 10 times on each character I want to complete the Breen set? Because the warp core/singularity cores all bind on pick up, and the popup says "You must complete the "Tides of Ice" event TEN times before you can purchase this item." On top of that there's NO counter to tell me how many times I've done the event.
    Formerly Known as Protector from June 2008 to June 20, 2012
    STOSIG.png
    Please enable us to buy a token with Zen to faction change a 25th Century FED to a TOS FED.
  • Options
    ukcaptain420ukcaptain420 Member Posts: 345 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    bfelczer wrote: »
    Make sure your overflow bag is free from any of those items used to purchase, too.

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=

Well look who it is...
    SCM - Infected(S) - DMG Out: 11,776,567 DPS: 114,224.70 (28.7% of Team) - Pinky@ukcaptain420
    I reserve the right to have a completely different standpoint depending on my mood.
  • Options
    edited December 2014
    Do I have to run Tides of Ice 10 times on each character I want to complete the Breen set? Because the warp core/singularity cores all bind on pick up, and the popup says "You must complete the "Tides of Ice" event TEN times before you can purchase this item."

Since accolades are personal, I would assume so. I'm kinda surprised the equipment isn't at least bind to account though.
    On top of that there's NO counter to tell me how many times I've done the event.

There actually is an accolade called "Line in the Snow" that goes up to 10 Tides of Ice runs

• Options
    edited December 2014
    cuatela wrote: »
    There actually is an accolade called "Line in the Snow" that goes up to 10 Tides of Ice runs

yay -- thanks for pointing me to that, now I can see how much time I'm wasting. :D
    STOSIG.png
    Please enable us to buy a token with Zen to faction change a 25th Century FED to a TOS FED.
  • Options
    edited December 2014
    Yay! I just did Tides and it didn't complete! Way to waste my time! If it's going to be a grind at least give me my accolade for participating.

OR MAKE THE CORES ACCOUNT BOUND ON PICKUP!

Seriously, how hard is it to figure this out. Maybe increase the amount of people on your QA staff from five.

I usually don't post this kind of stuff, but damn, you guys are starting to get to me with the lackadaisical testing and programing.

Sheesh!
    STOSIG.png
  • Options
    serenity8060serenity8060 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Same thing just happened to me. For those who don't have all the time in the world to do these missions, it gets really annoying that you get hit with the bug and just simply wasted all that time. How hard is it to test this stuff?