test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

This is really just not fair

grob44grob44 Member Posts: 60 Arc User
I fight my way to the vaad commander in his tank in the last stand, almost have the guy killed and I get a server disconnect. So where do the put me when I come back, right at the beginning.
I spent hours death after death getting as far as I did, all for fraking nothing, way to TRIBBLE on me, come on, no way that is fair.
Post edited by grob44 on

Comments

• Options
    czertik123czertik123 Member Posts: 1,122 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    thats problem in sto - it dosnt have progress saving UNLES you change instantion - from one map to another, dostmater if ground to space or ground to another opart of ground (interio/exterior).

Yes, it is great oversight, propably will never be fixed.
  • Options
    nyxadrillnyxadrill Member Posts: 1,242 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    I had this happen twice on two different toons.

Just as it got to the final show down it tried to do a cut scene and it promptly crashed with a graphic error (which only STO seems to have on my pc).

It dropped me back at the start in the first instance and in the second crash put me back in the arena waiting for wave 4, which didn't arrive and so wouldn't complete.

So frustrating and puts me off progressing any other toons through the storyline.
    server_hamster6.png
  • Options
    e30erneste30ernest Member Posts: 1,794 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    I have a bad internet connection and I experience a lot of server disconnects. As long as you don't close the game client and login quickly back in the game's login screen (not through Arc), you stand a good chance to reload right where you left off. Your buffs/debuffs and other stuff you've casted may be gone, but your HP levels and the mob's HP levels remain the same.

I've had this happen on STFs too and I always end up loading right back up where I left off (with a bit more damage on my ship) as long as I reconnect within 1 minute or so.
  • Options
    bobbydazlersbobbydazlers Member Posts: 4,534 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    I got a disconnect due to an internet network glitch while in an pve qued mission and thought I was lucky to get back in just in time to receive the mission prize but when I tried to que for another mission found I had incurred an AFK penalty of a 2 hours ban.

When I think about everything we've been through together,

maybe it's not the destination that matters, maybe it's the journey,

and if that journey takes a little longer,

so we can do something we all believe in,

I can't think of any place I'd rather be or any people I'd rather be with.

• Options
    grob44grob44 Member Posts: 60 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Got back in and fought my way back to hidden camp and it is finished, thank you.
  • Options
    rodentmasterrodentmaster Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Solution: Skip the mission. It does nothing. It's worth almost nothing. It's terribly horrifically balanced. The AI NPCs cheat and the entire staging and map design/layout is asinine.

Just... skip it. Go back to space and resume there. No reason to beat yourself up over bad content.